The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Rosco

Ralph.

Rate this topic

Thought Ralph was brilliant today and rightly deserved the man of the match. Just a pity about the final result. 

After a poor start to life up here he’s really performed exceptionally well this season in our predicament that we’re in. 

Would go as far as saying if the season finished after next week (once we beat Hamilton and go into 10th place) that he would be our Player of the Year. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Thought Ralph was brilliant today and rightly deserved the man of the match. Just a pity about the final result. 

After a poor start to life up here he’s really performed exceptionally well this season in our predicament that we’re in. 

Would go as far as saying if the season finished after next week (once we beat Hamilton and go into 10th place) that he would be our Player of the Year. 

Never got that poor start thing. He was slated, unfairly, after ONE game and labelled a dud. He'd performed very well the previous week too. Honestly never thought he was as bad as was made out after that Dunfermline game. 

• Like 4

He put in an almost faultless display today. His opponent never got a kick.

He gets better every game, and surprisingly good in the air also. Our best left back since Matty Lockwood imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johan scott said:

He gets better every game, and surprisingly good in the air also. Our best left back since Matty Lockwood imo.

Can I ask why you're surprised that he's good in the air?.

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It’s not just me that thought he was more like 5”8 than 6”0

After the Dunfermline game I had him down as f**cking hopeless and didn't ever want to see him again in a Dundee top..well done Ralph in shutting my pus..

Agree with all of the above. He’s definetly one we should be looking to extent the contract on. I think he is still contracted for another 18 months but we don’t want to find ourselves in yet another Kamara/Bain situation. Natural left backs are very very hard to come by and he has all the attributes 

Looks really comfortable at this level best left back we've had for years . Unlike the rest of the lower league level summer signings he seems to appreciate the chance hes been given and is willing to put in the work required to become a better player , no doubt this lad has a good career ahead of him .

He’s nae Kevin holt , thank goad , he was immense today 

Agree with the above. If only Cammy had the confidence to do the same

I've a feeling he's another one of McCann signings who was asked to play a brand of football he's uncomfortable with ...meekings is the same ...

I was one of those who slated Ralph due to his early performances in the league cup and guessed that he was utter mince due to his lack of appearances.

I got it completely wrong! He was sensational today and seems to get better every week he plays. He’s prob our most consistent player and looks quality.

I actually think he could do real damage if he was played higher up the park possibly even in the middle. Wins everything in the air and can be pretty creative for a left back.

4 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I was one of those who slated Ralph due to his early performances in the league cup and guessed that he was utter mince due to his lack of appearances.

I got it completely wrong! He was sensational today and seems to get better every week he plays. He’s prob our most consistent player and looks quality.

I actually think he could do real damage if he was played higher up the park possibly even in the middle. Wins everything in the air and can be pretty creative for a left back.

Quite agree but the peg is the same shape as the hole.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I was one of those who slated Ralph due to his early performances in the league cup 

People seemed to jump on the bandwagon. Ralph played well in a 4-0 win at Stirling, played less well (but not  badly imo) against Dunfermline at Dens but he went off injured after 36 minutes. An opinion was formed that he was sh**e after little more than HALF AN HOUR which is incredible. He didn't appear again until a late cameo against Brechin.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Yeah Rev, it's just  he's not that tall, but does have a really good jump, and outjumps much bigger guys regularly. Bit like Sammy Wilson really.

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

People seemed to jump on the bandwagon. Ralph played well in a 4-0 win at Stirling, played less well (but not  badly imo) against Dunfermline at Dens but he went off injured after 36 minutes. An opinion was formed that he was sh**e after little more than HALF AN HOUR which is incredible. He didn't appear again until a late cameo against Brechin.

I’ll be honest I had seen him against Brechin in the first pre season friendly and thought he was rank there also. Thought he was fairly poor against Stirling personally and then he had that horror show against Dunfermline where he was hooked.

I guess the Manager thought that was the case also as he was benched for the first league game against St Mirren.

Had a decent game against Aberdeen and then disappeared for a while. 

Proving us all wrong now though as he is excellent! 

1 minute ago, Johan scott said:

Yeah Rev, it's just  he's not that tall, but does have a really good jump, and outjumps much bigger guys regularly. Bit like Sammy Wilson really.

He is 6' 00". To most Dundonians he is a giant.