The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Wattie Rojas

QoS Replay

Rate this topic

Tough game on Tuesday.

I'd bring in O'Dea for Innis and play Craig Curran right midfield and bring in Kenny up front alongside Nelson. 

Deaks on the bench. 

• Like 1

We can't play the new signings who signed after the QOS game at Dens, so I'd go for; 

Senny

Kerr, General, O'Dea, Ralph

C.Curran, McGowan, Woods, Dules 

Miller, Nelson 

Albeit I do like C.Curran up top, think he has done well thus far. 

I see Partick climbed off the bottom of the table by beating Queens today. Hopefully the Doonhamers losing their first game since Christmas is a sign their form is starting to dip ahead of our replay.

I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance this one will go all the way. They took St Johnstone to extra time at Palmerston in August and the only team to win down there since is Morton (thanks to a late winner).

I'd like to think we'll be practicing penalties in the coming days. I remember Deacon took a shocker against United so probably best he sits out a shoot-out. O'Dea hasn't missed I don't think and Miller has plenty composure so I'd have them two down to take one if they're on the park.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I see Partick climbed off the bottom of the table by beating Queens today. Hopefully the Doonhamers losing their first game since Christmas is a sign their form is starting to dip ahead of our replay.

I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance this one will go all the way. They took St Johnstone to extra time at Palmerston in August and the only team to win down there since is Morton (thanks to a late winner).

I'd like to think we'll be practicing penalties in the coming days. I remember Deacon took a shocker against United so probably best he sits out a shoot-out. O'Dea hasn't missed I don't think and Miller has plenty composure so I'd have them two down to take one if they're on the park.

Dobbie notched his 34th of the season today. The pundits reckon that whilst publicly he hasn't set any targets he'll have it in his mind that he'd like to hit 50. Whilst I would like to think we'll focus on our own game, if we want to progress, it might not be a bad idea to do a job on Dobbie.

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Dobbie notched his 34th of the season today. The pundits reckon that whilst publicly he hasn't set any targets he'll have it in his mind that he'd like to hit 50. Whilst I would like to think we'll focus on our own game, if we want to progress, it might not be a bad idea to do a job on Dobbie.

If Inniss takes his deckchair down to Dumfries, Dobbie will be looking for a hat-trick. I'm resigned to him getting on the scoresheet so am hoping we can do what Partick did and score one more than him.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

If Inniss takes his deckchair down to Dumfries, Dobbie will be looking for a hat-trick. I'm resigned to him getting on the scoresheet so am hoping we can do what Partick did and score one more than him.

Not if someone sticks him in the stand in the first minute.

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Not if someone sticks him in the stand in the first minute.

Would it be so difficult to starve him of service and mark him tightly all game? Cammy was absolutely roasted on our right side in the first game so maybe we can take a look at the new lad Horsfield in midweek.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Would it be so difficult to starve him of service and mark him tightly all game? Cammy was absolutely roasted on our right side in the first game so maybe we can take a look at the new lad Horsfield in midweek.

Is Horsfield not cup tied as he wasn’t registered in time for the first game?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 19seventyone said:

Is Horsfield not cup tied as he wasn’t registered in time for the first game?

I don't know but I'm pretty sure somebody said on here the other day that the new boys are available to play. 

18 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I don't know but I'm pretty sure somebody said on here the other day that the new boys are available to play. 

Apparently they're cup-tied. Only going by what's been posted though. It used to be that only the players registered for the original tie were eligible, I think only goalkeepers were exempt.

3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Apparently they're cup-tied. Only going by what's been posted though. It used to be that only the players registered for the original tie were eligible, I think only goalkeepers were exempt.

I don't understand how they can be cup-tied because the whole point in that rule is to prevent the same player playing for two teams in the same competition.

I know that you can play Europa League for one team and Champions League for another team in the same season so surely it must be the same with the Scottish Cup/FA Cup.

Last season Nelson played in the Football League trophy for Sunderland before later playing in the Scottish Cup for Falkirk. Cummings played in the EFL Cup for Forest and then the Scottish Cup for Rangers. It seems very likely that the lads we got from England can play in midweek.

Can't remember where I saw it, might have been Harry yesterday, saying that as the 2 new lads can't play on Tuesday they'd probably feature today. 

Play like we did today but take our chances we will pump QOS.?????

New boys can't play tuesday

I think it’s that new players can’t be added for the Queens game as neither was registered before the original game at Dens.

They would certainly be available for the next round should we get through 

• Like 2

Last time Dundee visited Palmerston was February 2014. Ryan Conroy scored the only goal from the spot and a young Kevin Holt was playing in light blue.

Ryan Conroy scores a penalty for Dundee against Queen of the South

11 hours ago, Cobra said:

Last season Nelson played in the Football League trophy for Sunderland before later playing in the Scottish Cup for Falkirk. Cummings played in the EFL Cup for Forest and then the Scottish Cup for Rangers. It seems very likely that the lads we got from England can play in midweek.

11 hours ago, Blue4evr said:

Can't remember where I saw it, might have been Harry yesterday, saying that as the 2 new lads can't play on Tuesday they'd probably feature today. 

It's not being cup tied. It's just a firm rule that you have to be registered for the first game if the match goes to a replay - it's just always been like that in the FA Cup down south and the Scottish Cup. O'Dea is fine because being ineligible from a red card is different.

Feeling more confident after yesterday's showing. Nicky Low is looking like he might miss the game (I know, I was as shocked as everyone else) and Josh Todd - who tore Cammy a new one -came off yesterday against Thistle. 

I can't see Aberdeen slipping up against Stenny again and if we were to get through, I'd put our chances of advancing at Pittodrie as slim, so I've already dismissed the thought of a cup run. The difference that a good result with a couple of goals could make to how we view the Hamilton game is massive, though. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cobra said:

I've had a wee sleep on it and I am coming down to the idea of persisting with him.

He's quite like the General for me in a lot of regards. Kusunga has had an injury prone career and very rarely been given proper runs in the team. When he has had a couple of games and not been quite right, he's been prone to making errors. Despite that, he's a big strong unit and McIntyre has obviously identified that as having big potential to help our season and thought that persisting with him through it would lead to him cutting out those errors with a bit of consistency and a run which has allowed him to develop a good level of match fitness. *touch wood* but it does seem to be starting to pay off.

Inniss, whilst not being injury prone, has a lot of similarities to that IMO. Despite being 23 and being on the books of a lot of clubs on loan, he's not really properly played for any period of time - being in and out of the team here with the chaos of our bad run when he arrived. It seems he's in the profile of footballers that has had a very chaotic life and it's seeped into his overall career and not really given him a settled chance anywhere. In spite of that though, he's a massive unit and actually has all the raw attributes to be a great defender at this level. There's an argument that he maybe had a poor game against QotS but the whole team were not sharp against a side who had been playing competitive football for the past few weeks and looking at past history, that's not really a surprise - I don't really think O'Dea would have made that game much better, he's come to our aid many times but I'm sure we can all recall half a dozen or so matches where he's come into the side without much football and had a nightmare. It's not really a match which I'd put a massive black mark against Inniss for and it was hardly a breakdown of an individual performance.

In the last couple of games, he's been pretty tremendous aside from the costly error. Dominated his man and his athleticism and mobility is just something which O'Dea doesn't have. We know what we'll get with O'Dea and if we bring him in on Tuesday, he's possibly quite likely to spend the next few games being a bit dodgy with lack of game time before evolving into his good self where he is generally relatively consistent in performance apart from the odd game or two he takes a complete breakdown and does something stupid. With Inniss, we don't have a big sample size so the risk factor on consistency is a bit higher but I think that his ceiling is far higher than O'Dea and he brings the mobility (he turns slow but he's pretty fast when he reaches a sprint and he has the stamina to cover a lot of ground) to the team which the General doesn't have.

I know it could be totally wrong and it is a gamble but like Kusunga, my instinct really does tell me that Inniss will do well if allowed to remain settled with a proper run. I like O'Dea but I often think his main offering has been that he's been the best of a bad bunch in recent years with some of our options.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1