The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
BCram

Just Watched BBC News. Gutted

Rate this topic

that I might not be able to buy Spanish lettuces and tomatoes. Sorry, I've lost my sense of humour. Better close this thread now. I'm feeling better now that I've told someone.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, BCram said:

that I might not be able to buy Spanish lettuces and tomatoes. Sorry, I've lost my sense of humour. Better close this thread now. I'm feeling better now that I've told someone.

Before Christmas I watched a programme about the growing of fruit and vegetables in Almeria, Spain.

The programme showed miles of greenhouses and poly tunnels growing fruit and vegetables which are exported to the UK. Under current EU rules the UK is compelled to purchase fruit and vegetables grown in the southern countries of the EU namely Spain, France and Italy. 

In my opinion this would account for the fruit and vegetables from these countries which are on sale in supermarkets in the UK having no taste. 

The strawberries which are ‘force fed’ in the poly tunnels in Angus and Perthshire and are on sale from May until late September in UK supermarkets are also tasteless. 

1 hour ago, BCram said:

Easy now BC' ...

Starting topics such as above, only offers some Daft Auld Git on here an opening...

To go on aboot tending to his Home Grown Organic Toms & Thermal Longjohns:chaplin:

• Funny 2

Hi Gedee, I'm really glad you spotted the opening. Thought there might be some fun for home grown tomatoes, I was wondering if you were gearing up your production this year? I used to have to look after my father in laws tomatoes. They had to be watered regularly and picked and eaten after the weight had been recorded. Doom and gloom if the current crop was below the previous year's.

Was also thinking that we need a replacement for Holt. The fans seem to be much more tolerant of the team and the manager than in previous seasons. Think there's a genuine worry about relegation and everyone is being quite restrained in their criticisms. But that's not a topic for this thread. Tomatoes rule!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BCram said:

Hi Gedee, I'm really glad you spotted the opening. Thought there might be some fun for home grown tomatoes, I was wondering if you were gearing up your production this year? I used to have to look after my father in laws tomatoes. They had to be watered regularly and picked and eaten after the weight had been recorded. Doom and gloom if the current crop was below the previous year's.

Was also thinking that we need a replacement for Holt. The fans seem to be much more tolerant of the team and the manager than in previous seasons. Think there's a genuine worry about relegation and everyone is being quite restrained in their criticisms. But that's not a topic for this thread. Tomatoes rule!

Under the "Ralph Topic" BC' I did ask the question if anyone knew if he was prone to Home- Grown Prize Winning Organic Tomatoes.

As yet I have had no reply. But it pays to be ever-vigilant. And with this in mind, I now have Mrs G on overnight stand-by checking out

for intruders (& assorted Cult Followers) With the sub-zero temperatures she has tried to get back in house. Doors, windows are now

double locked. In honesty, her nightly calls of cries of pain & anguish. can disturb my early sleep. But I see this as a sacrifice I make:chaplin:

• Funny 1