The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Hamishlebaux19

Canning Away

Rate this topic

That's a pity, I thought Hamilton looked like they'd finally lost their amazing knack of finding players with no funds, and surviving against the odds. 

Will it give them a lift for Saturday. Probably.

coaches Guillaume Beuzelin and George Cairns taking temporary charge of first team affairs.

Edited by Dondeh

Hopefully this leaves them in disarray and they don't get the 'bounce' on Saturday.

I’m not so sure. He is a survivor with a record of keeping that shower in the division. They’re mad to throw that away. And they’ve made the error of punting him too late in window to get a new guy in to shape the squad. Pleasing. 

• Like 3

Quite gutted with this as I thought it would be their year to go down (still do), however a change will give them a boost in their efforts to stay up in my opinion. 

I’m not too sure that there will be much benefit in Canning going, anyway, it’s about how we perform on the day.

31 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I’m not so sure. He is a survivor with a record of keeping that shower in the division. They’re mad to throw that away. And they’ve made the error of punting him too late in window to get a new guy in to shape the squad. Pleasing. 

Totally agree.

Can see this going the way of Charlton and Stoke when they parted with Curbishley and Pulis. At both of those clubs, they'd stabilised at a level well above their recent status but there was unrest at the lack of further progress.

With Hamilton's resources, a successful battle against the drop is the best they can realistically expect and he's consistently delivered that.

• Like 2

I think this is bad timing for them at the end of the transfer window, hopefully 😀

5 minutes ago, Gblue said:

I think this is bad timing for them at the end of the transfer window, hopefully 😀

Aye, the timing is odd, they've let him bring a couple players in and then he goes. Wonder if he's had a job offer somewhere ??? You could argue that keeping Hamilton up year on year is quite an achievement I suppose.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Aye, the timing is odd, they've let him bring a couple players in and then he goes. Wonder if he's had a job offer somewhere ??? You could argue that keeping Hamilton up year on year is quite an achievement I suppose.

Very odd timing indeed. Just a couple of days left in the window, who makes the signings, if any?

The fans have forced this one I think, completely turned on Canning, who has somehow managed to retain their Premiership status year on year despite having by far and away the lowest budget. Be careful what you wish for, the grass isn't always greener on the other side etc. I think this could be the move which seals their fate.

Edited by Ricky Spanish
  • Like 1

This has got to be a blow to them, Canning has been their magician for a number of seasons it stinks of board room panic looking to drive a bit refocus into the team. If they will part with Canning then everybody else is also at risk. High risk or reward with this decision. 

9 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Be careful what you wish for, the grass isn't always greener on the other side etc. I think this could be the move which seals their fate.

The grass will never be greener for that bunch of astro turf dwelling diddys.

On the face of it this is a HUGE risk for them.

4-0 Hamilton on Saturday no doubt..

• Funny 1

Gents I am happier that we are at Hamilton, too many time teams have ended a bad run at Dens and caned us, appreciate circumstances are different, hopefully the Astro tonight will also be a big assist for the weekend. 

Here’s hoping they appoint the two local lads who have management experience to become there new management team or Batman and robin duo.....Step forward Barry and Derek Ferguson, your club needs you (and so do we).

Edited by Bjs

3 minutes ago, Bjs said:

Here’s hoping they appoint the two local lads who have management experience to become there new management team or Batman and robin duo.....Step forward Barry and Derek Ferguson, your club needs you (and so do we).

There is another local lad who might be interested.......step forward Mr Hartley 😝

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boba Fett said:

The grass will never be greener for that bunch of astro turf dwelling diddys.

On the face of it this is a HUGE risk for them.

4-0 Hamilton on Saturday no doubt..

On the subject of astroturf and the grass being greener, does anyone know if there are any rules regarding the colour of artificial pitches?

I'm sure Rangers would be interested in not having green and, as for the dabs, imagine a tangerine pitch with black lines.

Actually, probably better not to.🤮

• Funny 1

'Boozy' will probably get the gig full time, which is a worry.

There was talk that he and his family were being threatened on social media. If this is the case then I feel sad for them.