The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: QOS 3 - 0 Dundee

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Are you seriously suggesting that a whole team of professional football players don't want to play because of the weather?.

PS, click on the quote button when replying to a particular poster/post mate, makes it easier to understand who/what you're replying to and saves any misunderstanding.

I think you are one of a dwindling band that are seeing Shiite through dark blue tinted glasses and it looks like roses.

14 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

What has board meetings got to do with winning football matches?

I would have thought that was quite obvious.

If there had still been monthly board of directors meetings it is likely that the board of directors would have sacked NM after the three nil defeat by Ayr United in the League Cup last August.

However with only a couple of board meetings a year providing NM kept on the right side of John Nelms he was ‘fireproof’. 

In my opinion John Nelms waited too long before sacking NM. 

At least Paul Hartley was honest enough to say that he could do no more with Dundee Football Club and he made it easy for JN to dispense with his services as manager. 

Conversally NM after he was sacked stated on a SKY Sports Football programme that he felt that he could still turn things round at Dens if he was given more time. 

• Funny 1

22 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

What has board meetings got to do with winning football matches?

Maybe more than we think.

37 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

Macintyre's time is up and he can take those duds he signed with him. He is full of himself blaming the players for the umpteenth time when it was all to do with his stupid team selection.

Aye, great. Which duds, the ones who haven't played yet or the ones who ran Hearts ragged last week? 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Deetection said:

So John Nelms does not have enough experience running a Scottish Premier League club, yet we should put Tim Keyes in charge; possibly the only person connected to Dens with less experience of Scottish Football than John Nelms. 

Genuis.

And just for good show, Keyes should have a hand in picking the team. And owner picking the team? Why not! It’s worked out well in so many other situations...

Jeez Islay - your posts are a right carry on sometimes.

Hi Deetection.

You do,not appear to have read my post correctly.

I posted that Tim Keyes as Chairman had to take a more ‘hands on’ role at Dens. I also posted that John Nelms should be put in charge of the new development and a new Chief Executive who had previous experience of running a professional football club should be appointed.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Blueboy said:

the ones who ran Hearts ragged last week? 

Less possession.

Less shots.

Less shots on target.

Less corners. 

Yes, more goals and won the game.

"Run them ragged"? Absolutely not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

Lets not make any excuses

An absolute embaressing result..

Manager and players need to have a long hard look in the mirror...

Exactly....thought it was much the same as the Livingson game earlier this season ...out ran ,out fought and horrendous defending yet again....could have been more had the lob from the half way line  gone in.....questions have to be asked re the line up eg O'dea in midfield ...I could go on and on but  no doubt  we'll hear that the players are "hurting" in the paper in the next couple of days....thing is I've seen this so many times I don't get upset any more....

2 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

As an alleged professional footballer they should be able to pass the ball back on a flat AstroTurf surface, first team players under PH , NM are current being exposed for what they are. I think we will see a difference performance this weekend because almost  half of that team tonight will not start. 

Anyone dropped after tonight won't have any cause for complaint.

1 hour ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi Deetection.

I posted that Tim Keyes as Chairman had to take a more ‘hands on’ role at Dens. I also posted that John Nelms should be put in charge of the new development and a new Chief Executive who had previous experience of running a professional football club should be appointed.

Keyes is never going to take much of a personal role at Dens. We are chicken feed in relation to his other businesses but he definitely needs to look at the structure of the club.

From the outside looking in it looks like we do need a director of football to at least help a manager in recruitment. Some of the duds might have been identified before they signed. It’s like Nelms says to a manager “there’s your budget, I’m away to a planning meeting for the new stadium”

Our recent managers have been fairly inexperienced and NM and PH especially needed help. We can only hope MacIntyre has more of a clue.

Edited by 19seventyone
  • Like 1

For some strange reason, I seem to now be immune to feeling any sort of shock or embarrassment to anything DFC produces. To me this result just serves as another kick amongst the many others while we are down.

I think I had mentally written this game off after watching Darren O’Dea’s pre-match interview. When asked if a good cup run was important to Dundee, he appeared to have to really think about his choice of words carefully. To be honest, I was fully expecting to see Moussa, Kharl, Elton etc involved in some way to keep our starting eleven fit for Saturday, but only JM knows what was going on with that line up!

Window nearly over, no cup game distractions and only the league to focus on - no more room for excuses! 

• Like 2

The cup run was over the minute the draw for the next round was made IMO.  It was a game to get over and move on to more important things.  It may not be professional but probably realistic. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Totally disagree. With regular communication we don't get to the point where we have a manager putting out teams to make a statement because he's been saddled with someone else's duds. Making major decisions behind closed doors has started us on a vicious cycle. JM's team selection was another case of us treating the symptoms rather than looking at the cause. He's been given funds to bring in EIGHT new players and that will likely go into double figures by midnight on Thursday. We could be paying first team wages to something around 30 players by the close of the week plus paying previous staff members as well. The team selection isn't the cause of our problems right now for me.

We got beaten by the manager that we should have appointed when McCann was sacked. He outthought our present manager twice and twice we were taught a football lesson.

I said before the Motherwell game that the outcome would probably be decided by a brain fart moment and hey Presto 180 minutes later we've managed three, possibly four brain fart moments. Task No 1 for JM is to pick a side that stops giving goals away.

7 hours ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi Deetection.

I posted that Tim Keyes as Chairman had to take a more ‘hands on’ role at Dens. 

Tim Keyes is not Chairman of Dundee Football Club. Dundee do not have a Chairman at present and not had one since Bill Colvin left 

8 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

You can just picture the scenario pre match.

A long journey to Dumfries.

The guys look at the dismal team selected and don’t fancy it.

The plastic pitch.

The awful feckin weather.

Obviously a good few of them said feck this, I want this over with so I can get back up the road.

Am I right or wrong?

Was at the game Spirit and honestly don’t think that was right, we started the game really well and looked right up for it with a couple of good chances from crosses! Then on their first time up the park Dobbie hits a screamer out of no where, then Innis has his brain fart and game over!

• Like 1

We were sh!te and queens wanted to win the game more than us 

9 hours ago, Sneddee said:

"new signings"

Listening to JM, post that shameful display, he hinted he requires quite a few new players in, think he has had enough from Inniss and Deacon now. We will just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Less possession.

Less shots.

Less shots on target.

Less corners. 

Yes, more goals and won the game.

"Run them ragged"? Absolutely not.

Were you at the game? We got stuck into them and never gave them a moment's peace. Comfortable winners. 

• Like 2

Gents, we are all hurting, yes we want to win every game in every competition, our focus has to be survival in the premier league, the money we could have made from the Aberdeen tie is no more than the money we might get for Kamara. In an earlier post I indicated that all of these players were regulat first team albeit for a couple out of position. Did they apply themselves?, was it last chance saloon for some of them?. Could the team have been stronger, without doubt the answer to that is “Yes” on paper that team should have done the business and allowed the manager to rest key players for this Saturday. His possible plan failed, the players failed “miserably “ 

Do they deserve the chance to redeem themselves, can we afford to risk it, I personally see 6 changes for this weekend from the shambles of last night.

Lets look forward to this weekend, pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and do what we have always done. Up wit the bonnets. 

9 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

I think you are one of a dwindling band that are seeing Shiite through dark blue tinted glasses and it looks like roses.

I guessed you'd swerve the question.

9 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

No, tonight was directly JM's fault due to the team selection and the bench he left himself. He could have had a totally different line up tonight, but for some reason he choose not to play the likes of Kamara or the other midfield players we have available at the club right now. In the context of everything else, this was of JM own making and failure, hopefully he learns from it.

However, as I have said in other posts, our signing and transfer polices have to change. We are to foot loose and fancy free when it comes to bring in players and then getting rid of them and the last three or four seasons of revolving door transfers highlights that things have to change in this regard. I feel that we are wasting vast amounts of money in releasing players from their contracts either because we brought in the 'wrong type' of player to begin with or the manager has delusions of grandeur or is given pretty much a free reign to bring in who he likes.

We as a club need to realise that this is not a game of Football Manager 2019 and start treating the transfer market like a business with some accountability, and having a monthly meeting isn't going to solve that as I am pretty sure they are in contact with each other on a daily basis (or next to near that).

I’ve finally come round to the feeling. That maybe a director of football would save large sums of money rather than being an expensive luxury

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

8 hours ago, Janny62 said:

Anyone dropped after tonight won't have any cause for complaint.

Some of them won’t complain . Neither will the boys being paid sitting at home at the waterfront watching netflix

Edited by DarkBlueKnight

3 hours ago, DFC1974 said:

For some strange reason, I seem to now be immune to feeling any sort of shock or embarrassment to anything DFC produces. To me this result just serves as another kick amongst the many others while we are down.

I'm the same and it's really worrying.

10 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

Macintyre's time is up and he can take those duds he signed with him. He is full of himself blaming the players for the umpteenth time when it was all to do with his stupid team selection.

Not defending the team selection, but when you have defenders giving kamikaze back passes I don't see what JM can do.

We have been killed all season by stupid individual errors and the players need to take responsibility for the hole they are in. Not sure many of them are prepared to do that.

In the last week we have lost 5 goals. One a flukey own goal and three down to our mistakes. That's a big reason for where we are.

Edited by SouthsideDee
  • Like 1

Just now, DeeVinci said:

I'm the same and it's really worrying.

That’s the worry for me - once that feeling sets in folk stop going as regularly