The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Neil Cameron

Attendances At Dens.

Rate this topic

I just shudder to think what sort of crowds are going to be at Dens for the remainder of the season. Sorry to be so negative but really worried.

Only once this season have there been more than five thousand supporters in the home stands at Dens That was at the St Johnstone game on Saturday 29th December when there were 5,030.

However in my opinion the official attendances will not fall too much for the remaining games this season as all season ticket holders are included in the published home attendance figures at Dens whether they attend the game or not. 

We're set for a nail-biting finish to the season that could go down to the last game so I think there will be plenty interest among Dees, and I expect we'll get full houses for a derby play-off final, if it comes to that.

When our fans are needed they generally turn out. I don't think we'll see a massive downturn in numbers now. 

• Like 2

Everybody stop panicking we will be fine we are DFC big club in tayside??????????????????????????????????????????

11 hours ago, Neil Cameron said:

I just shudder to think what sort of crowds are going to be at Dens for the remainder of the season. Sorry to be so negative but really worried.

Exact same as they've been all season.

Officially a couple of hundred either side of 4500 in the home ends but actually in the ground? Much less, particularly for the midweek ones in winter.

We'll get over 5000 home fans again for any crunch games after the split.

Several hundred Dees are swerving us this season compared to previous ones and who could blame them. Just us mugs that can't help going still going.

The biggest black mark of the FPS era for me was having a base in 2014 of over 4000 season ticket holders and 5000 to 6500 home fans for all non derby league games and p!ssing it up against the wall down to roughly 3300 season ticket holders and 4500 home fans at most league games. Awful.

14 hours ago, Cobra said:

We're set for a nail-biting finish to the season that could go down to the last game so I think there will be plenty interest among Dees, and I expect we'll get full houses for a derby play-off final, if it comes to that.

Last thing we need

Even Arabs crowds are bigger than ours. Shocking indictment on FPS pricing policy and failure to improve team.

30 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Pricing, entry to Dens and whats being served up is the 3 main factors.

all have an effect, but the team performances for me are the biggest reason, by a mile, for the slump. PatG will not be enticed by results like ours. Who can blame them.

9 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Even Arabs crowds are bigger than ours. Shocking indictment on FPS pricing policy and failure to improve team.

Fans will always turn up to a side that is winning most weeks..

4 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Fans will always turn up to a side that is winning most weeks..

Although they’re not top of their division!

For all that’s said about season ticket sales being about funding the club s budget , it is of course an insurance policy for the club if results are poor. Any team will struggle with attendances if they are not getting results at home or playing poorly at home - even Celtic . No matter who owns the club , prices won’t come down just like cinema or gig tickets won’t come down. 

17 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Although they’re not top of their division!

But they win most weeks at home

1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

But they win most weeks at home

Still staying doon!

26 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

all have an effect, but the team performances for me are the biggest reason, by a mile, for the slump. PatG will not be enticed by results like ours. Who can blame them.

Young lad didnt go last week, was a last minute decision for him, but the thought of queuing up at the shop to get a ticket for  a stadium half empty swayed it...

crazy

37 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

The pricing is ridic but cant fault the owners for the backing they`ve gave the manager - its just been the managers that's signed by and large utter p1sh... add in with players/m,anagers being paid off etc I dont think the owners can be accused of not putting there hands in their pockets to back the manager in charge.

• Like 1