The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
CW 90+3 02/05/16

Last 9 Games In All Comps

Rate this topic

Played 9 

Won 1

Drew 2

Lost 6

For 5

Against 19

If last night does anything, it highlights that as good as the win against Hearts was, it was a flash in the pan and we're still massively in the sh!te with major problems despite getting up to 11th place.

Our fans don't half get carried away at times though after one off results.

Beat Hearts and there were posts on here about giving Motherwell three and four. Same Motherwell that own us, are a very difficult opponent and made two cup finals last season.

Then 80 percent of posters thought we'd beat QOTS last night despite getting p!ssed on at Dens from them, us nearly always losing down there, injury problems, clearance problems, plastic pitch, away record awful etc. I really don't think a lot of our fans appreciate how bad this season has been when it comes to predicting our results or maybe it's just blind optimism that we can turn the corner when predicting them. No big deal and I like pretty much all the posters on here, but I just often find myself reading in bemusement of predictions and posts that seem oblivious to the season we're having and the situation we're in

We've been in the sh!t all season. We will continue to be in the sh!t all season until a game or two to go at the earliest or the play offs at the latest. 

McIntyre is going nowhere obviously so the posts calling for change are totally pointless, albeit, it's the same few boys who couldn't see past McCann and have been against him from the start. He's just came in and just had his first ever window. You don't have three different managers in a season or 4 different ones in two years.

I like him. I think he's had a near impossible task of turning around statistically the worst top flight Dundee team in history with only one transfer window to do so and being lumbered with so many boys who have had their chance at this level and weren't good enough. He's trying to turn around a team of 5 aside pushovers in to a team or competitive Premiership battlers in less than half a season. An extremely difficult task.

That doesn't excuse last nights line up though and his record, albeit with McCann's team until the last 3 games is pretty terrible to put it mildly.

This team needs to start winning games against those around it at the very minimum. Motherwelll was a hard luck story. We're running out of hard luck stories. Got to be going to Hamilton and getting 3 points. The more opportunities we miss, the more likely it is we'll need to win 4 to 5 games after the split to avoid the bottom two when we've won less than that in nearly 30 games in all comps.

New signings give us a bit of hope for what's to come. I definitely think they're an improvement on what we had before.

I wasn't in the slightest bit surprised at last night's result but our cup record and overall record this season is depressing beyond description. It really has been the season of nightmares.

Never easy following this club. Wouldn't change it for the world.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Since the break:-

Played 4 

Won 1

Draw 1

Lost 2

For 3

Against 6 (4 from Dobbie who we don't face every week 😉)

Hope springs eternal 😀

Edited by Dondeh

Gotta play all the new boys on Sat. Old boys have proven to be not good enough. Dire times and desperate measures.

• Like 1

Got to hope he has players lined up before the transfer window closes.

If he doesn’t, he might have to build bridges with one or two players who he has said are surplus to requirements.

No matter how we look at any 'window' of results, stats, etc, we're now down to a simple 3-way fight to get 10th place, and the other two teams stats are as bad/erratic as us.

We 'must win' 4 games against those 2 teams, and hope to pick up a 'coupon-buster' win like Tynecastle somewhere along the way, maybe a couple of draws. I can't imagine Hamilton & St.Mirren are thinking any different, if they're realistic. None of the 3 teams are good enough to 'go on a run' (unless it's a run of defeats).

With 15 games to go, and only 2 points separating the 3 teams, it's possible those 4 wins might be enough. It's crucial we restore confidence & get into 10th place with a win on Saturday, I think. 

In his post-match DeeTV interview, JM highlighted that the defenders were told to keep within touching distance of Dobbie & didn't (I'd have thought a dedicated man-marker might have been a better decision?), and he couldn't believe how we played after going behind, following two good performances (even though we lost one). He's promising to 'mix it up' for Saturday, and expects to have a further 2 signings in addition to Horsfield & Hedenius. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

No matter how we look at any 'window' of results, stats, etc, we're now down to a simple 3-way fight to get 10th place, and the other two teams stats are as bad/erratic as us.

We 'must win' 4 games against those 2 teams, and hope to pick up a 'coupon-buster' win like Tynecastle somewhere along the way, maybe a couple of draws. I can't imagine Hamilton & St.Mirren are thinking any different, if they're realistic. None of the 3 teams are good enough to 'go on a run' (unless it's a run of defeats).

With 15 games to go, and only 2 points separating the 3 teams, it's possible those 4 wins might be enough. It's crucial we restore confidence & get into 10th place with a win on Saturday, I think. 

In his post-match DeeTV interview, JM highlighted that the defenders were told to keep within touching distance of Dobbie & didn't (I'd have thought a dedicated man-marker might have been a better decision?), and he couldn't believe how we played after going behind, following two good performances (even though we lost one). He's promising to 'mix it up' for Saturday, and expects to have a further 2 signings in addition to Horsfield & Hedenius. 

It’s ok saying get in touching distance of Dobbie but the players don’t have the ability to do that.Dobbie is a level or two above anything we have at Dens. It should have been all about what we could do at the other end of the park but yet again we never had any quality to trouble them.  

1 hour ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Played 9 

Won 1

Drew 2

Lost 6

For 5

Against 19

If last night does anything, it highlights that as good as the win against Hearts was, it was a flash in the pan and we're still massively in the sh!te with major problems despite getting up to 11th place.

Beat Hearts and there were posts on here about giving Motherwell three and four. Same Motherwell that own us, are a very difficult opponent and made two cup finals last season.

Then 80 percent of posters thought we'd beat QOTS last night despite getting p!ssed on at Dens from them, us nearly always losing down there, injury problems, clearance problems, plastic pitch, away record awful etc. I really don't think a lot of our fans appreciate how bad this season has been when it comes to predicting our results or maybe it's just blind optimism that we can turn the corner when predicting them. No big deal and I like pretty much all the posters on here, but I just often find myself reading in bemusement of predictions and posts that seem oblivious to the season we're having and the situation we're in

We've been in the sh!t all season. We will continue to be in the sh!t all season until a game or two to go at the earliest or the play offs at the latest. 

McIntyre is going nowhere obviously so the posts calling for change are totally pointless, albeit, it's the same few boys who couldn't see past McCann and have been against him from the start. He's just came in and just had his first ever window. You don't have three different managers in a season or 4 different ones in two years.

I like him. I think he's had a near impossible task of turning around statistically the worst top flight Dundee team in history with only one transfer window to do so and being lumbered with so many boys who have had their chance at this level and weren't good enough. He's trying to turn around a team of 5 aside pushovers in to a team or competitive Premiership battlers in less than half a season. An extremely difficult task.

That doesn't excuse last nights line up though and his record, albeit with McCann's team until the last 3 games is pretty terrible to put it mildly.

This team needs to start winning games against those around it at the very minimum. Motherwelll was a hard luck story. We're running out of hard luck stories. Got to be going to Hamilton and getting 3 points. The more opportunities we miss, the more likely it is we'll need to win 4 to 5 games after the split to avoid the bottom two when we've won less than that in nearly 30 games in all comps.

New signings give us a bit of hope for what's to come. I definitely think they're an improvement on what we had before.

I wasn't in the slightest bit surprised at last night's result but our cup record and overall record this season is depressing beyond description. It really has been the season of nightmares.

Never easy following this club. Wouldn't change it for the world.

👏🏻

The only reason I said we'd get three or four against Motherwell was because I get cheesed off with people saying things like Hearts were going to thrash us, which they never do at Tynecastle. Though they usually beat us.

One prediction was as good as the other, ie, miles off. All part of the fun.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BigG said:

It’s ok saying get in touching distance of Dobbie but the players don’t have the ability to do that.Dobbie is a level or two above anything we have at Dens. It should have been all about what we could do at the other end of the park but yet again we never had any quality to trouble them.  

Your probably right but it’s a sad reflection on where we are that we couldn’t take one player and tell them to man mark a player who himself isn’t the quickest.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blueboy said:

The only reason I said we'd get three or four against Motherwell was because I get cheesed off with people saying things like Hearts were going to thrash us, which they never do at Tynecastle. Though they usually beat us.

One prediction was as good as the other, ie, miles off. All part of the fun.

I can see where you are coming from Blueboy ...

But for the sake of balance you maybe could have added to your final comment ... "And the occasional moments of Misery":chaplin:

EH KEPT MEH POST SHORT BECAUSE EH'M STILL ON THE PHONE TO THE SMARARITANS :bye:

1 minute ago, Gedee said:

I can see where you are coming from Blueboy ...

But for the sake of balance you maybe could have added to your final comment ... "And the occasional moments of Misery":chaplin:

EH KEPT MEH POST SHORT BECAUSE EH'M STILL ON THE PHONE TO THE SMARARITANS :bye:

Occasional misery? It's the norm, certainly this season, which has been the worst in almost 50 years watching the Dee. Resultswise. But floundering in level 2 is worse overall.

It won't be as bad as this next season anyway. We go down and obviously wipe the floor with the Championship riff-raff or stay up and do better! Tongue in cheek, but basically true.

3 minutes ago, Blueboy said:

Occasional misery? It's the norm, certainly this season, which has been the worst in almost 50 years watching the Dee. Resultswise. But floundering in level 2 is worse overall.

It won't be as bad as this next season anyway. We go down and obviously wipe the floor with the Championship riff-raff or stay up and do better! Tongue in cheek, but basically true.

I think freend, we are both here, having a wee gemme o' tongue in cheek in an effort to ease the pain :tears:

2 minutes ago, Gedee said:

I think freend, we are both here, having a wee gemme o' tongue in cheek in an effort to ease the pain :tears:

I'm honestly not bothered about being out of the cup, though the margin of defeat wasn't acceptable. Saturday is another matter. Then I might feel pain. I'm expecting joy though.

• Like 1

Just now, Blueboy said:

I'm honestly not bothered about being out of the cup, though the margin of defeat wasn't acceptable. Saturday is another matter. Then I might feel pain. I'm expecting joy though.

I'm not even sure, it's aboot "might" feel the pain Blueboy

If we dinnae pick up at least one pont...I will feel the pain :tears:

1 hour ago, Bjs said:

Your probably right but it’s a sad reflection on where we are that we couldn’t take one player and tell them to man mark a player who himself isn’t the quickest.

That was what surprised me about JM's interview...Dobbie's fit but not so fast, but he reads the game well & anticipates when to 'drop off' into space & his colleagues know when to expect a one-touch return pass from him. They used this very well at Dens.

Given the communication issues we've had at the back, I'd have expected JM to sacrifice a player to stick to Dobbie all game & just prevent him making these quick touches. It does make me wonder if he didn't see anyone in the squad capable of doing that (Woods may have been the one, had he been fully fit). 

Were they playing bad on purpose? I think it will be different on Sat!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Densparker said:

Were they playing bad on purpose? I think it will be different on Sat!

Based on the players performances to date, I thought they wid need nae further practice ... (eh'm jist being a wee bit daft) :wacko:

But your right Dens' let get our act together fo the Big Game on Sat .... Mon The Dee:chaplin:

9 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Think that probably works both ways. There will be guys going overboard when we win and guys doing likewise when we lose.

9 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Then 80 percent of posters thought we'd beat QOTS

Think we've been down this road before, there were only 50 votes in total and less than 40 posters expected us to win. 

• Like 1