The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Glen Kamara

Rate this topic

Reading the papers, they're suggesting that a deal isn't likely to be done this month and will probably join The Rangers at the end of the season.

The question I would like answered is why (unlike Jordon Jones) are we not playing him right now? Surely the guy is professional enough to honour his contract with us and play out the rest of his contract and earn his wages that we are paying him.

Kamara is probably the best midfielder we have at the club right now and in my opinion he should have played yesterday (If it looks like the deal for him to join Rangers this month isn't happening) considering that we were short in midfield.

Is this a case that JM is cutting off his nose by not playing Kamara?

• Like 4

Ball is in kamaras court ...he can either knuckle down and show us the form that made him a fans favourite last season...or he can be a knob and sit on his erse every Saturday....I get the feeling MacIntyre would play him if he was to put the effort in.

1 minute ago, Charliedee said:

I get the feeling MacIntyre would play him if he was to put the effort in.

What gives you that idea, out of interest? 

We've numerous midfielders not even making a half filled bench because McIntyre is on some sort of power trip. 

All about opinions I guess- but Kamara was in the team through the calamitous start of the season so I don’t think he could save our season. 

6 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Reading the papers, they're suggesting that a deal isn't likely to be done this month and will probably join The Rangers at the end of the season.

The question I would like answered is why (unlike Jordon Jones) are we not playing him right now? Surely the guy is professional enough to honour his contract with us and play out the rest of his contract and earn his wages that we are paying him.

Kamara is probably the best midfielder we have at the club right now and in my opinion he should have played yesterday (If it looks like the deal for him to join Rangers this month isn't happening) considering that we were short in midfield.

Is this a case that JM is cutting off his nose by not playing Kamara?

The papers are at it, Rangers are using them to try and force through a cut price deal. Kamara will go in this window imo, just a matter of time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The papers are at it, Rangers are using them to try and force through a cut price deal. Kamara will go in this window imo, just a matter of time. 

That's exactly how I see it, Rev. Gerrard will and rightly so, say they're not interested in taking him now. Dundee will start flapping and accept a small offer and he'll toddle off to Ibrox this month.

22 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

What gives you that idea, out of interest? 

We've numerous midfielders not even making a half filled bench because McIntyre is on some sort of power 

I thought they were not making the bench because they were way below the standard required for this league in terms of ability and attitude. 

At what point does a manager's decision making, particularly a common one like dropping players from first team squad, become a power trip? 

I said three weeks ago that Rangers would make their move on deadline day and I still think that. They'll wave £20k or whatever under our nose early afternoon and we'll take it.

The player has been well-briefed to down tools to make him worthless to us so we'll only reject their pathetic offer if we want to make a point to Kamara, Rangers and the wider football world about what DFC are willing to accept from unprofessional players, shitty clubs and vile agents, but I doubt that's going to happen.

• Like 2

Throw him in on Saturday if The Rangers don't stop fannying about with him.

Then, let's see how 'professional' he is.

Just send him on loan , and Dundee can get someone in on his wages if he’s not gonna play

17 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

I thought they were not making the bench because they were way below the standard required for this league in terms of ability and attitude. 

You think Darren O'Dea is a better midfielder than Madianga and Kamara to pick just two? 

MacIntyre is proving a point-won't play McCanns signings and won't play Kamara.

Like Hartley and McCann they value their ego more than the club-I  don't believe that MacIntyre is losing sleep over the damage to the long term good of the club if we go down.

He will have plenty of excuses ready if that is the case-not my fault gov.

If Kamara has downed tools then we should discipline him. Pathetic excuse of a pro. If he is just being excluded then fair doos.

End game is usual. Big fish feed off small fry. Business or bullying? Baith.

21 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

At what point does a manager's decision making, particularly a common one like dropping players from first team squad, become a power trip? 

I wouldn't say it was a power trip, but I would say that it's more down to a short sighted attempt to get instil fear that it is his way or the highway. The fact that we have three midfielders in Kamara, Ngwatala and Madianga who in my opinion would have been a much better choice rather than O'Dea for the Midfield position.

I know that JM doesn't rate them, but he could have used this game as an oppertunity to give them a chance to redeem themselves and possibly fight their way back into his good books. Instead, he rather would play a defender in that role and then bring on a couple of kids. It seems we have swapped stubborn managers like Hartley and McCann for another. I hope that JM proves me wrong though.

7 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

If Kamara has downed tools then we should discipline him. Pathetic excuse of a pro. If he is just being excluded then fair doos.

End game is usual. Big fish feed off small fry. Business or bullying? Baith.

I'm not sure what to think about this situation at all. A lot of fans think it was Kamara who downed tools (I didn't see it personally) and that is why he isn't featuring now. My suggestion would be that JM told him he wouldn't be getting played since he since a pre-contract with Rangers.

So, probably a bit of both on each side here. All I know is that I hope this saga ends either way tomorrow night.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

MacIntyre is proving a point-won't play McCanns signings and won't play Kamara.

Like Hartley and McCann they value their ego more than the club-I  don't believe that MacIntyre is losing sleep over the damage to the long term good of the club if we go down.

He will have plenty of excuses ready if that is the case-not my fault gov.

Bobby123, I really hope you are wrong. If this is the kind of man management and behaviour that is acceptable for certain footballers and managers then we need to change our approach. I'm beginning to think that we are too nice as a fan base. We have been traumatised with the two admins and now seem to accept behaviour from our players that would appear to be entirely disrespectful. 

Forums allow us to say whatever we think, it's opinions not facts and the Kamara situation is a perfect example. The only fact seems to be that Kamara has signed a PCA with Rangers. Everything else seems to me to be opinions. This situation is not unique, the Killie, Clarke, Jones situation shows that there is a different way to manage the same PCA situation. 

I'd love to have Kamara playing at full throttle for us for the rest of the season. How can we achieve that?

59 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

All about opinions I guess- but Kamara was in the team through the calamitous start of the season so I don’t think he could save our season. 

I don't think that is completely true, Kamara got injured in our first competitive game (Stirling Albion in the league cup) missed the next six games, returned against St Johnstone but was still injured was out for the next two returning finally returning against Hibs. His next game was our first win. I would say that his return brought an improvement in the teams form however by this time others in the team seemed to have lost confidence. A fit Kamara at the start of the season could very well have saved our season

• Like 2

I think Kamara could add the little bit extra that could see Sevco picking up a trophy this season.

That may well push SG  into getting him in tomorrow, I hope he goes for whatever we can get.

Totally bemused as to why Rangers are getting a hammering on this thread?

Signed the player on a pre contract legally like we've done many times before with our signings.

Are they somehow obliged to pay over the odds and take him now for a player that is joining them for free in the summer?

And for the 2 millionth time, Kamara is finished at Dens this season. 

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16
  • Star Post 1