Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Server Woes

Scottswiss

After upgrading the server for the second time in three days,  and thinking everything was going swimmingly well, we ran into some unexpected problems in the early hours of the morning which, unfortunately, we weren't able to catch, and which took us the better part of the day to nail down and resolve.

We sincerely apologise for that, and are working to put in place measures to prevent such a prolonged outage in the future.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Am I having deja vu or did the exact same not happen last January deadline day and at least another one or two times on top of that also?

Any time I see a server maintenance due message on here, I know the forum will be down for a day or two.

Just a pity it happened on an extremely busy deadline day for the club. Again.

6 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Apologies bud. 

Just venting that the site was down on a mental day for the club. 

Obviously you lads didn't foresee the extended outage.

Honestly, there is no one here more pissed about this whole situation than Scott and Myself.

This was totally out of our hands and there was nothing we could have done about it. I sat watching a Ticket queue going between 40 to 48 out of 200 for over 8 hours, and we were supposed to be priority support. We did't actually get a chance to fix the issue until just after 8pm tonight, in fact, the theme we have is an old one because the table in the database was corrupted.

So again, apology for the down time, we will be working to make sure this never happens again... if we can help it anyway.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 2

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Honestly, there is no one here more pissed about this whole situation than Scott and Myself.

This was totally out of our hands and there was nothing we could have done about it. I sat watching a Ticket queue going between 40 to 48 out of 200 for over 8 hours, and we were supposed to be priority support. We did't actually get a chance to fix the issue until just after 8pm tonight, in fact, the theme we have is an old one because the table in the database was corrupted.

So again, apology for the down time, we will be working to make sure this never happens again... if we can help it anyway.

well done for your hard work John and Scott!!!

• Like 5

I posted this elsewhere, but I might as well post here too.

Would like to thank everyone for putting up with the Ads on the forum. Because of the revenue we have been generating from the Ads, we were able to double the capacity of the server specs.  This will mean a snapper forum giving you more time to spout your usual pish on the forums! ;)

• Like 5

Adblock Detected