The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Poll: New Players In Dark Blue

Rate this topic

Which of the new players will make a big impact at Dens?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the new players will make a big impact at Dens?

• Scott Wright
    • Andrew Nelson
    • Craig Curran
    • Seny Dieng
    • Ethan Robson
    • Andrew Davies
    • Andy Dales
    • Ryan McGowan
    • John O’Sullivan
    • Andreas Hadenius
    • James Horsfield

Which of the new players will make a big impact at Dens and you are looking forward to seeing in Dark Blue?

Expecting big things from Wright. Could as easily become this season's Allan though. 

Deing, Curran , Dales and Nelson have to an extent done well so far, and I’ve high hopes for Andreas, Robson and OSullivan (although unknown quantities) but the two who I think will make the biggest impact are Wright and McGowan. Wright has pace, is two footed, is direct, not afraid to shoot and has a wee bit of youthful Arogance or gallousness about him, while Mcgowan could be the perfect guy to shore up the right hand side of the defence and add another threat at set pieces.

Edited by Bjs

Nelson has got huge potential so voted for him. That said, I'm not thrilled about Miller being stuck on the bench.

Reasonably confident that JM's new troops will achieve 10th place with a wee gap between 11th spot. Asked a DAB mate today what he thought of all the comings and goings on both sides of Sandeman St. He said Jimmy Mac was building a team for the Championship while Robbie was building a team for the top 6!!!,

I told him I thought the DABS would make top 6 but not to be surprised if ICT and QOS overtake them 😂

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Who knows?

This for me.

Only seen 4 of them play and that was only one game so impossible to give a prediction other than a hunch based on wikis.

Of the 4 I've seen, Nelson excites me the most. Dales was excellent. Dieng didn't  have much to do and Curran put in an expected hard shift. 

Got high hopes for all the signings though. Exciting uncertain times. 

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Expecting big things from Wright. Could as easily become this season's Allan though. 

Definitely has all the ability to help drag us out of this mess - but you're right, it's all about how we fit him in and get the best out of him. I always thought he was more of a 10 than a winger so it'll be interesting to see where he plays. 

I voted for Nelson but it's difficult when you haven't seen most of them actually play a game yet.  I'm hopefull Ryan McGowan and other defenders we have signed will be more consistent than others who have played in defence for us this season.  I have never before seen so many individual errors at the back in just one season.  It's been ridiculous.  Two stupid short pass backs in one game???   Unbelievable!  That's the area I want to see most impact in but as I haven't seen most of them play yet I can't really vote for them.

Maybe this poll should have been about who we think will do well, and who not (e.g. multiple choice). Would have been more interesting than plumping for one specific player.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scottswiss said:

Maybe this poll should have been about who we think will do well, and who not (e.g. multiple choice). Would have been more interesting than plumping for one specific player.

Here, just because your in the building to fix some tech problems doesn’t mean you have to jump on every thread 🤣

😛

• Funny 4

11 minutes ago, Dblair said:

Here, just because your in the building to fix some tech problems doesn’t mean you have to jump on every thread 🤣

😛

I'm just trying to make myself seem important 🤣

• Funny 1

Taking on the responsibility of running this forum (Yourself & John) you'll always be important in our eyes :wub:

....Or maybe there's a  a touch of insanity in the family? :wacko: