The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

McCann Feels Guilty for the Players Who Lost Their Jobs.

Rate this topic

Ignore the bit about the DAB's!

That little prick nm made me sick that he tried to kill our club. i had jet black hair until i watched his signings now im pure grey. 

• Wowzer 2

6 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

That little prick nm made me sick that he tried to kill our club. i had jet black hair until i watched his signings now im pure grey. 

As a player first time around McCann did well for the club, he came back and played for us in our hour of need, he stepped up and kept us up when we were managerless. As a permnament manager he initially did well for the club but he couldn't rebuild a squad and signed the wrong type of player we need for a relegation battle.

McCann has done many things for Dundee but he hasn't tried to kill the club, look Dodds,  Chisholm's and many other's way for people that have almost killed our club.

McCann's problem was that he thought he could do a job for a club he cared for and obviously he couldn't.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

As a player first time around McCann did well for the club, he came back and played for us in our hour of need, he stepped up and kept us up when we were managerless. As a permnament manager he initially did well for the club but he couldn't rebuild a squad and signed the wrong type of player we need for a relegation battle.

McCann has done many things for Dundee but he hasn't tried to kill the club, look Dodds,  Chisholm's and many other's way for people that have almost killed our club.

McCann's problem was that he thought he could do a job for a club he cared for and obviously he couldn't.

Anybody that knows about football would'nt sign them players  

2 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

Anybody that knows about football would'nt sign them players  

Rodgers signed Hendry, Gerrard signed Kamara, obviously neither know about football

The other players have all been signed by clubs before Dundee where managers have saw potential, they will sign for clubs after Dundee

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

And you go on about Dodds try to kill the club. you work for the next 6 months and tell your work to pay you up what they want or just to keep it. see how you feel gees your answer in august when your bills are coming threw your door

9 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

And you go on about Dodds try to kill the club. you work for the next 6 months and tell your work to pay you up what they want or just to keep it. see how you feel gees your answer in august when your bills are coming threw your door

You wrongly accuse McCann of trying to kill our club whilst justifying Dodds chosing to vote against the CVA that saved our club. 

I'm sure Billy Boy had his Rangers millions to help with the bills

Back on topic

McCann should feel a level of responsibility to the club and the players if he was the one that signed them

1 hour ago, Dundeefc93 said:

McCann is a donkey hopeless.

Sorry, disagree with the way you are criticising NM. It didn't work out, he tried his best and I think we don't need to be rude about his efforts as our manager. Just my opinion.

• Like 8

great player for us but that was about it!!! sad it never happened for him.

He should apologize to the club and fans for making such an a**e of managing the club. The players will probably get clubs again. He probably won't.

1 minute ago, Wattie Rojas said:

He should apologize to the club and fans for making such an a**e of managing the club. The players will probably get clubs again. He probably won't.

I don't get this, its done, if he was to self flagellate in the centre circle before kick off its not gonna change anything. 

• Funny 2
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

I don't get this, its done, if he was to self flagellate in the centre circle before kick off its not gonna change anything. 

That's it.

It might still be a very costly mistake for the club if we go down but I hate the idea of holding resentment to people who have worked hard to advance the club. Football isn't an exact science and although it might feel like it at times, there's no intentional sabotage.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

The fact that he has gone public re guilt is far more than many others have done in the past, all credit to him for doing so. He was a great player for us, his tenure of being a manager has tarnished his reputation and as said by many "we cannot change this" Lets move on, look forward to the current team getting us up to 10th.

• Like 6

On a general level I think there are ways & means to be critical of others...With regard to NM, or for any fitba manager ... (or even player)

He gets offered, & accepts a position with a club, if it disnae go well, even catastrophic, if he is given it his best shot, working hard, & giving

it his full commitment, then look at the person who selected him for the position. Similarly with a players (imo) They get signed, & selected

on the day & can sometimes/all times, put in a pretty terrible performance ...In both cases, if they are fit & giving out their best, they can do

no more (At the very least it is a "shared responsibility") NM at times may have been better keeping his mooth shut (maybe on this occasion)

But I'm no sure what benefit there is, in aye looking back & highlighting again past mistakes ... Especially if it aye involves a personal attack.

However Chomp regarding this self-flagellation (P12) I wonder if you would like to expand on that. I find mysel getting a little excited :excited:

18 minutes ago, Gedee said:

On a general level I think there are ways & means to be critical of others...With regard to NM, or for any fitba manager ... (or even player)

He gets offered, & accepts a position with a club, if it disnae go well, even catastrophic, if he is given it his best shot, working hard, & giving

it his full commitment, then look at the person who selected him for the position. Similarly with a players (imo) They get signed, & selected

on the day & can sometimes/all times, put in a pretty terrible performance ...In both cases, if they are fit & giving out their best, they can do

no more (At the very least it is a "shared responsibility") NM at times may have been better keeping his mooth shut (maybe on this occasion)

But I'm no sure what benefit there is, in aye looking back & highlighting again past mistakes ... Especially if it aye involves a personal attack.

However Chomp regarding this self-flagellation (P12) I wonder if you would like to expand on that. I find mysel getting a little excited :excited:

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

50 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

I wasn't being serious chomp. I do admire his  indefatigability in insisting he would have turned it around despite all the evidence to the contrary.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

giphy.gif

On the Day of the Self Flagellation ...

Would that also involve having to queue twice or would there also be a PATG? ;)

(I'm assuming, season ticket holders would leisurely stroll in to their places):chaplin:

• Funny 1

52 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I wasn't being serious chomp. I do admire his  indefatigability in insisting he would have turned it around despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Yes but do you 'salute' his indefatigability? 

• Funny 5

2 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Football managers are generally like that.

Very easy to forget as fans but I think it's quite telling that almost every manager we've ever had and any manager at the league seems to be called 'stubborn' by the fans at some point. To be a good manager, it generally takes someone to be pretty obsessive and have belief in their qualities and plan well beyond the norm.

I think all good managers have conviction that borders on insanity but all really good managers seem to have that knowledge of when to change course.

I suspect that in McCann's first season, he had a lot of maneuverability to go back to the drawing board and ditch some of his ideas when things didn't work out. In the second season, he had invested in this total technical footballing idea but had burnt his life raft with his summer transfer window.

• Like 2

Neil McCann for me will always be a legend and he will always have my admiration for what he did at Dens as a player. As another poster pointed out he could have gone to a bigger club, but choose to go to Hearts because it would get us a bigger fee. He also refused to go across the street due to how much respect he has for the Dundee Fans.

It didn't work out for him as a manager and I know that he had the best intentions for the club as that is the type of person he is. Sadly it did not work out for him, but I hold no resentment whatsoever as I truly believe that his heart was in the right place and only wanted the best for the club and the fans.

But one thing is clear, can we stop hiring ex-players for the managers job, as these have never really worked out for us.

• Love 1
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Cg73 said:

Yes but do you 'salute' his indefatigability? 

😂Is there any other way?

• Funny 1

Loved McCann as a player it will be a Long time before we see his likes again.

also wish him all the best for the future.

• Like 3