The Dark Blues
Napper

McCann the Pundit

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Hello Eye' ... The first half of that game will not have gone by un-noticed by DFC manager, players, fans/supporters.

Or by any other opposition teams as well (if they've any sense) Think JM will have his players watch this, again & again.

I'm no want to talk aboot Neil McCann's attributes or otherwise as a potential manager or pundit...(I've spoken already)

We must by now be near the point when it's time to let go. I'm still wallowing on DFC players attitude/total commitment.

I know the topic's about McCann. But I would rather read topics now about our present manager...Jim Lad yir doing OK:chaplin:

I'm with you Gedee, time to stop talking about NM the damage has been done, it is a brand new team with a new manager which is already showing signs of promise and delivered a first half performance that we have not seen for a long long time, JM has 2 weeks to further improve the fitness and gelling of the team and look to carry that performance into the 2nd half.

Both Livvie and Hibs will now be in a quandary as to how they set up against us.

We can look forward to the games coming at us with confidence and not the fear of 2018 - Cmon the Dee's

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

McCann tried to run before he could walk.

He'd never been a manager before.

He came in to a struggling team/club who's number one aim was to stay up.

He signed a team of obscure unknowns from quite a low level last summer who'd never played in this league before then implemented a slow laborious pass it around the back style which was not effective in picking up points.

The season before was OK as he had Scott Allan, Jack Hendry (for a bit) and a few better signings like A-Jay.

Summer 2018 was just negligence. 

A top flight Dundee FC should never have been the work experience for an untried manager to try an experiment.

Hopefully, now we have an experienced top flight manager who knows what he's doing, we haven't left it too late to clear up the mess.

I really am trying NOT to keep going on aboot NM ...

However CW, the comment highlighted, which is something I fully agree with, is the crux of it ... It's something I agree with, & have said often.

However, like some others on here, I wish him well. Like you I believe JM';s experience & style of management suits DFC. And DFC suits him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

I'm with you Gedee, time to stop talking about NM the damage has been done, it is a brand new team with a new manager which is already showing signs of promise and delivered a first half performance that we have not seen for a long long time, JM has 2 weeks to further improve the fitness and gelling of the team and look to carry that performance into the 2nd half.

Both Livvie and Hibs will now be in a quandary as to how they set up against us.

We can look forward to the games coming at us with confidence and not the fear of 2018 - Cmon the Dee's

The thing though that rolls aroond my brain (talking sanity here) is to keep this new found personal hope/enthusiasm, in check.

There's only so many break-doons a year eh can handle. Cannae forget destroying Hearts, then getting ripped apart by QOS (cup) :tears:

But I've got to believe (& it's true) as well as JM bringing in a set of New Players, with what seem new strengths & skills, he  has added

new experienced players with a sense of commitment & winning mind-set ...  I accept I am basing much of this, on those first 45 mins

DFC players showed against Killie. But why not? They've now shown what they (& Jim) are capable of...We are Premiership. DFC :wub:

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Gedee said:

The thing though that rolls aroond my brain (talking sanity here) is to keep this new found personal hope/enthusiasm, in check.

There's only so many break-doons a year eh can handle. Cannae forget destroying Hearts, then getting ripped apart by QOS (cup) :tears:

But I've got to believe (& it's true) as well as JM bringing in a set of New Players, with what seem new strengths & skills, he  has added

new experienced players with a sense of commitment & winning mind-set ...  I accept I am basing much of this, on those first 45 mins

DFC players showed against Killie. But why not? They've now shown what they (& Jim) are capable of...We are Premiership. DFC :wub:

Gedee, Hearts, Motherwell, Hamilton, & Killie have all shown improvement, Q.o.S we could not play all of the new lads and had a couple who had literally arrived in 24hrs therefore have to take that on the chin, we are on the up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We've playing in the SPFL in Scotland, we don't need EPL or La Liga standard players to implement a passing playing style. Football is changing and McCann tried hard to get us on the right road. McIntyre has come in and transformed our playing style but the style he coaches, whilst effective in our league, is a step away from the direction that football is heading. McCann wanted better than the agricultural blood and snotters style that flourishes in Scotland. Can't fault him for that.

Yes but it was unrealistic considering the players he would have at his disposal. Also from the first half display v Killie we can see a strength and robustness tied to some good football too. It definitely isn't agricultural...

1 hour ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

A top flight Dundee FC should never have been the work experience for an untried manager to try an experiment. 

Spot on... negligence from Nelms as much as summer 2018 was negligent from McCann.

45 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Gedee, Hearts, Motherwell, Hamilton, & Killie have all shown improvement, Q.o.S we could not play all of the new lads and had a couple who had literally arrived in 24hrs therefore have to take that on the chin, we are on the up. 

Okay my freend, your comments in your short response above is logical & sensible.

No sure though it's aye relevant when it come to talking aboot DFC (Or any fitba team)

But wi slightly controlled reservations health & sanity sake I will take "we are on the up"

Och tae hell Huggs, wi these shitty "controlled reservations"...We are the Mighty Dee :bouncy:

(Visiting Times for Family & Friends to Secure Unit is restricted & must be adhered to):chaplin:

.... If you intend bringing any flowers, eh do like scented carnations :wub:

(It's good to be  a wee bit daft noo & again) "More pills please nurse" :wacko:

Folk still claiming playing football with the ball on the deck "doesn't work in Scotland", yeah? 

Terrific. 

31 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Okay my freend, your comments in your short response above is logical & sensible.

No sure though it's aye relevant when it come to talking aboot DFC (Or any fitba team)

But wi slightly controlled reservations health & sanity sake I will take "we are on the up"

Och tae hell Huggs, wi these shitty "controlled reservations"...We are the Mighty Dee :bouncy:

(Visiting Times for Family & Friends to Secure Unit is restricted & must be adhered to):chaplin:

.... If you intend bringing any flowers, eh do like scented carnations :wub:

(It's good to be  a wee bit daft noo & again) "More pills please nurse" :wacko:

Ge, i am a passionate born & bred Dundeh Dee who was brought up in Church St and remember running through the driers at the Caldrum Street Washie, unfortunately I am in the controlled environment of offshore in a shared open plan office, don't wish to offend or be banned from the site, old enough to remember going to see Billy Pirie, Thomson Allan & Ally Donaldson and wish we had a Centre Half Noo like Bobbie Glennie, it wisnae that lang ago I took a team to Kilsyth Rangers in the Scottish Junior Cup and the opposing manager was Eric Sinclair. Once a get home 19th Feb,  I can get rid of the "Controlled Reservations" I will be sending posts from Melbourne Austrailia from the 23rd Feb for a couple of weeks so will post picture of a Dee on Tour.

Huggs :bouncy:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Ge, i am a passionate born & bred Dundeh Dee who was brought up in Church St and remember running through the driers at the Caldrum Street Washie, unfortunately I am in the controlled environment of offshore in a shared open plan office, don't wish to offend or be banned from the site, old enough to remember going to see Billy Pirie, Thomson Allan & Ally Donaldson and wish we had a Centre Half Noo like Bobbie Glennie, it wisnae that lang ago I took a team to Kilsyth Rangers in the Scottish Junior Cup and the opposing manager was Eric Sinclair. Once a get home 19th Feb,  I can get rid of the "Controlled Reservations" I will be sending posts from Melbourne Austrailia from the 23rd Feb for a couple of weeks so will post picture of a Dee on Tour.

Huggs :bouncy:

It appears Huggs, you are a busy, well travelled fella...Looking forward to your posts fae  Melbourne Australia :)

(Better tae keep on the move. Moving targets harder tae hit) Someone's aye aiming at, us "shufty" Dundee Lads :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Eyeothedug said:

Yes but it was unrealistic considering the players he would have at his disposal. Also from the first half display v Killie we can see a strength and robustness tied to some good football too. It definitely isn't agricultural...

All about opinions.

2 hours ago, Gedee said:

It appears Huggs, you are a busy, well travelled fella...Looking forward to your posts fae  Melbourne Australia :)

(Better tae keep on the move. Moving targets harder tae hit) Someone's aye aiming at, us "shufty" Dundee Lads :ph34r:

Gedee, I can assure you that I fall into the category of "Sniper's Dream" heed like a broth pot and a belly to go wee it.

• Funny 2

56 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Gedee, I can assure you that I fall into the category of "Sniper's Dream" heed like a broth pot and a belly to go wee it.

Freend ... Anyone that's got the ability tae hae a wee laugh aboot themselves ... Can be a Member o' Meh Club:chaplin:

Watching a dominant Man City destroy Chelsea shows why managers might want to play the 'Barca' way, it all comes down to the Barca wages it seems.....

31 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Watching a dominant Man City destroy Chelsea shows why managers might want to play the 'Barca' way, it all comes down to the Barca wages it seems.....

Aye Chelsea players are on minimum wage don't you know.

10 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Aye Chelsea players are on minimum wage don't you know.

and that's why there is interest in the 'Barca way' of playing, when it works it rips good teams apart. As we found out, you're not going to emulate it having a rake round the bargain bucket at Footballer R Us.

1 hour ago, Chomp my root said:

At that level it can be incredible. I just wish that outside of that money-bubble, folk realised that it really doesn't work.

5 minutes ago, Barkblue said:

At that level it can be incredible. I just wish that outside of that money-bubble, folk realised that it really doesn't work.

I think 'we' have mate, that's the main thing. 

I can understand why other managers/teams/fans aspire to try and play that way though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

and that's why there is interest in the 'Barca way' of playing, when it works it rips good teams apart. As we found out, you're not going to emulate it having a rake round the bargain bucket at Footballer R Us.

That was the problem with McCann trying to do it with players that did not have the ability.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

That was the problem with McCann trying to do it with players that did not have the ability.

I think though, he had so much self-belief, he truly believed (wrongly) that they could do it.

Irregardless  of their ability and experience, once he explained the skills & intricacies required.

As this topic is headed McCann the Pundit I've got say, I am really surprised, he was accepted 

& welcomed back (apparently) into the "pundit role" so easily ... I like him. But thought after his

time & experience with us, he would have lost all credibility, as a knowledgeable exponent in all

things fitba ... But it seems like "Business as Usual" for both him & his Television Employers.

57 minutes ago, Barkblue said:

Aye Man City play like a brilliant fives team but there is 11 of them! They score so many ‘simple’ looking goals while we watch huff puff and piley ons!

27 minutes ago, Gedee said:

I think though, he had so much self-belief, he truly believed (wrongly) that they could do it.

Irregardless  of their ability and experience, once he explained the skills & intricacies required.

As this topic is headed McCann the Pundit I've got say, I am really surprised, he was accepted 

& welcomed back (apparently) into the "pundit role" so easily ... I like him. But thought after his

time & experience with us, he would have lost all credibility, as a knowledgeable exponent in all

things fitba ... But it seems like "Business as Usual" for both him & his Television Employers.

Any unemployed manager immediately goes on the BBC. Hartley did it, McCann did it and no doubt Lennon will be next. Its an easy source of recruitment, some may call a lazy signing!

1 minute ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Any unemployed manager immediately goes on the BBC. Hartley did it, McCann did it and no doubt Lennon will be next. Its an easy source of recruitment, some may call a lazy signing!

I believe Lennon was frequently on BT Sports spouting pish along with Sutton when Hibs weren't playing.

2 hours ago, Barkblue said:

Barcelona built in on very little outlay, starting with Cruyff and Guardiola. 

The rest of Spain followed suit, won everything and it cost nothing. 

Still, can't play football in Scotland. Doesn't work here. 

14 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Barcelona built in on very little outlay, starting with Cruyff and Guardiola. 

The rest of Spain followed suit, won everything and it cost nothing. 

Still, can't play football in Scotland. Doesn't work here. 

It would be interesting if the likes of Sellick tried it here, they might be able to build a team capable of competing at a decent level in Europe and it cascading down the way at a domestic level (ie nobody else could compete domestically) but it looks a bit of a stretch for a 'wee' team to do it.