The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 2 - 2 Kilmarnock (06 Feb 2019)

Rate this topic

It was points shared as this was a game of two halves. Dundee came out the traps at 100 miles per hour and pinned back Killie for most of the first half.

Dundee opened the scoring in the 8th minute after a fine Nelson solo effort. McAleny equalised in the 18 minute, but Dundee retook the lead in spectacular effort from another find solo goal by Nelson in the 20 minute.

Dundee were on the back foot for most of the second half. Kilmarnock equalised through a great Burke free-kick which curled into the top left hand corner leaving Dieng with no chance. The Dark Blues defended the draw for the rest of the second half.

Just on the dying moments, Dundee were awarded a penalty, after Bachmann pulled down Miller. However, Miller's penalty was saved by Bachmann.

Dundee 2 - 2 Kilmarnock

First half we were excellent. Second half we became a nervous wreck and were lucky to still be on level terms when the penalty was awarded. 

It was a terrible penalty and Miller should have taken a shot when 1 on 1.

I would have taken a draw before the game but to miss a penalty so late on makes it feel like it did after the game on Saturday. With it not being the worst result but walking away with the head down with it almost feeling like a loss.

If we play like we did in the first half for the rest of the season we'll be fine. We really need to grow a pair, though. Our confidence looked shot in the second half. 

• Like 1

Miller can sookmeh plooms... uninterested because he's not starting .

Edited by Charliedee
  • Funny 1

A point against a strong killie side is a good point albeit could have been 3. Jm played our strongest side tonight and If Nelson Wright Dales and Curran start all of our remaining games we will stay up

• Like 1

Once Curran and Nelson went off we completely fell out of the game. Especially as Dales and Wright looked spent. 

Midfield needs to be a lot better. Hopefully Robson and O'Sullivan can do a job. 

I felt  we lost a lot when Curran,  Nelson and the Swede went off, in terms of the ball coming straight back into our half. Maybe Clarke changed things but I am not sure just what changed. 

I think we tired quickly in the second half after such an explosive first half. To lose a lead twice is disappointing, but Killie is an excellent side and are amongst it at the top with good reason. The penalty, along with Accies result,  is a sucker punch.

The positives are plenty though and I think we look like a good team now. It’s a cliche but I’d have taken a point before the game and from a different perspective St Mirren will be disappointed to see us gain an unlikely point. The draw also keeps us within only 3 points of Accies, even after a freak win for them. 

• Like 2

Looked like we simply ran out of gas in that second half. New players need to really get some fitness up quickly, such a contrast from first half to the second. I thought woods and hadenius did very well in the middle of the park actually and gave a solid platform for the “front” 4 to really go and play. Special mention to curran by the way, what a shift the boy puts in, and he won the ball more often than not in the air against broadfoot who is a good 4-6 inches taller than him. He really lead from the front for us. 

• Like 3

What  happened in the second half,  did Clarke suss JM out?. 1 shot on  goal (a penalty ), versus about 12 for Killie. 

Meanwhile Accies pull further away.

• Like 1

Feels a lot like Saturday. That's effectively 4 points dropped in stoppage time in two games.

It would actually have been better to have not got the penalty. It's put a dampener on what was a hard-fought point against a Killie side that really upped their game in the second half. 

First half we were class and then a total embarrassment in the second. Midfield non existent. 

Feels like a defeat even though we did not deserve a win based on that second half. That was a dreadful penalty for Kenny and we drop another crucial number of points.

Btw, Paul McGowan was a disgrace when he came on. He is finished. 

• Like 1

Its night and day watching this team compared to McCann's,that would have been a sure fire defeat under him. Curran is a nuisance to defences and Nelson is class.

• Like 1

Did Miller run off the pitch at the end again ?.

4 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

If he did I hope he just keeps running ...his dummy is well an truly been spat out 

First half was excellent, we looked good. Killie were lucky to get their goal. Every player looked impressive and did a great job.

The second was a different story. So poor and nervous after their goal. Dunno if the subs were forced but they were poor and it seemed to kill the game for us.

But yet-a-fuckingain luck wasn’t on our side. Can’t believe the amount of situations have went against us this season. Deflections, fluke goals, fluke OGs,  dives, hardly getting 50/50s, horrific referee performances, every mistake punished and  now every penalty missed. 

Miller ruined the first chance in the first place, but we finally get something our way in the penalty... and he f**cking missed it! Smash it down the middle man! Honestly🙄.

Its the hope that kills you. Can’t wait for this season to end as at this rate I’ll be grey and possibly bald by the end of it haha!

Edited by Pepe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

I felt  we lost a lot when Curran,  Nelson and the Swede went off, in terms of the ball coming straight back into our half. Maybe Clarke changed things but I am not sure just what changed. 

Honestly Parc, I thought the field was tilted downwards towards oor goal before we even made the first sub in the second half. We were just hanging on and sitting deeper and deeper as the 2nd half went along, but honestly Killie were on the front foot from the start of the 2nd half.

I can see that we have improved players and more options, but right after the game at Scamilton on the weekend and the game tonight I'm not really feeling much better about our lot as it really feels like we just can't help throwing away points. What an opportunity to steal 2 points at the end of a game deep into (where did Clancy find 4 minutes tonight??) injury time. If Kenny Miller has ever hit a weaker penalty, I'd like somebody to show it to me! 

I mean I guess it feels like we're heading in a better direction, but it's hard to be a Dee fan because I still walk away from the game feeling absolutely gutted.

I know Woods won't be dropped, but please can we have him stop taking free kicks??? I get that they scored a great one tonight, and that's just another thing that rankles me - we have no hope of scoring free kicks, and seemingly have no hope of defending them either. Our defensive walls are garbage, and I'm still not sure our goalkeepers are in the right place?

And Accies winning just makes it worse. Ach I don't know. Another sickener.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

What  happened in the second half,  did Clarke suss JM out?. 1 shot on  goal (a penalty ), versus about 12 for Killie. 

Meanwhile Accies pull further away.

We were shattered. We come out at 800mph and our flair players have little in the tank in the second half.

8 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

No he didn't, he looked utterly crestfallen tbh.

• Like 1

Not not only squeaky bum time watching our team play it also squeaky bum time keeping tabs on Hamilton and St Mirren 😕

12 minutes ago, Gblue said:

Not not only squeaky bum time watching our team play it also squeaky bum time keeping tabs on Hamilton and St Mirren 😕

Hamilton  new boy won it for them tonight.