Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Nelson

blueboy

7 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Hard, dry pitches can be watered and softened up. Astro is relentless and unforgiving on your joints. Plus, it's bloody awful having to pick the pellets out your nose/hair/ears .. everywhere really! 

The new 3g/4g with the rubber beads is no less forgiving than turf IMO. Where it is risky is where players have to turn quickly or slide into tackles, the rubber beads are very grippy.

I broke my ankle badly sliding in for a tackle on a 3g pitch in Gibraltar. My studs gripped on the rubber beads and momentum carried my leg forward 90deg sideways until my ankle gave way making a horrendous noise.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Hard, dry pitches can be watered and softened up. Astro is relentless and unforgiving on your joints. Plus, it's bloody awful having to pick the pellets out your nose/hair/ears .. everywhere really! 

The first asto pitches were not great as a lot of them had sand scattered over them which would rip your skin off...present day Astro is miles ahead of what was on offer years ago eg..taking a stud and the thickness of the pile and using the pellets to cushion the surface made a difference. As you probably gather that I'm a fan of the surface , I never had a problem with my joints (silky football was the order of the day in my playing days) ....only issue with the pellets was that they ended up over the carpet when you took your trainers off. Whilst I've done my best to defend AstroTurf I would say  that there is no doubt grass is preferable.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

The new 3g/4g with the rubber beads is no less forgiving than turf IMO. Where it is risky is where players have to turn quickly or slide into tackles, the rubber beads are very grippy.

I broke my ankle badly sliding in for a tackle on a 3g pitch in Gibraltar. My studs gripped on the rubber beads and momentum carried my leg forward 90deg sideways until my ankle gave way making a horrendous noise.

I've found getting boots designed for the 4g helps a lot. I used to just run about in HG boots and my feet and shins would ache for days after it but since getting the new ones it's not as bad.

Still much prefer the grass but beggars can't be choosers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SM1893 said:

Full-Time professional football should not be played on Astro.

I remember a short doc / news item at Hamilton and they said that the cause of injuries is jumping between grass and astro, and not as common if using astro exclusively.

The news item was wrong.....there are more injuries caused on their pitch  when Darian McKinnon sets foot on it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Janny62 said:

The news item was wrong.....there are more injuries caused on their pitch  when Darian McKinnon sets foot on it.

Cant argue with that, man's an animal. Still struggling to get my head around his comments about our fans giving him pelters. He went out of his way to hurt Henvey.

'Man' being used in the loosest term.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SM1893 said:

Cant argue with that, man's an animal. Still struggling to get my head around his comments about our fans giving him pelters. He went out of his way to hurt Henvey.

'Man' being used in the loosest term.

Apparently he had a memory lapse in the press room after the game as he forgot to tell the press how he got his injury.....the photo shows him going in on Henveys knee.

On 07/02/2019 at 19:16, Wattie Rojas said:

I like how he shoots on sight. Good pace and power too. 

Seeing his two goals on TV, what struck me is hw early he hits his shots on goal and with barely any back lift he's giving the keeper very little indication that the shot is coming, or where he's placing it.

Seriously impressed so far, but credit too to Curran for his battering ram approach that basically created the second one. It's been a long time since we've actually had a strike partnership. It would be great of these two could set that right.

• Like 5

Adblock Detected