Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Dandy McLean

St Mirren V That Lot

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Who do we want to win tomorrow? A win for that lot across the road may be a huge  confidence loss for St Mirren, but keeps Utd in the cup. As much as it grieves me I think I want Utd to win for the greater good as it keeps The Saints losing run going.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dandy McLean said:

Who do we want to win tomorrow? A win for that lot across the road may be a huge  confidence loss for St Mirren, but keeps Utd in the cup. As much as it grieves me I think I want Utd to win for the greater good as it keeps The Saints losing run going.

Hard question Dandy....it's like asking " do you want yer ba's nailed to yer coffee table " or do you want a bit of rusty barbed wire shoved up yer a**e ? .....neither are a very attractive proposition so I'll sit on the fence on this one 😳😳.

  • Funny 8
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Janny62 said:

Hard question Dandy....it's like asking " do you want yer ba's nailed to yer coffee table " or do you want a bit of rusty barbed wire shoved up yer a**e ? .....neither are a very attractive proposition so I'll sit on the fence on this one 😳😳.

Good answer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St mirren every single day of the year. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an interesting one. On one hand, I love to see Utd get beat at all times, but a Saints win might just lift them and spur them on to put a couple of results together.

What's more interesting is that this is probably the best Utd team they've put together since going down to the Fundesliga and they are going well at the moment, with many of my DAB mates saying they'll give St Mirren 3/4.

If Utd get beat, then this will show them how far way they really are from being a SP side, as St Mirren are beautifully turgid.

I think that Utd losing and seeing them potentially realise they are off the pace of the big league will be more satisfying than St Mirren maintaining their losing run.

St Mirren win.

As if it was ever in doubt, just wanted to drag it out and fill a few minutes of my existence.

  • Funny 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SM1893 said:

This is an interesting one. On one hand, I love to see Utd get beat at all times, but a Saints win might just lift them and spur them on to put a couple of results together.

What's more interesting is that this is probably the best Utd team they've put together since going down to the Fundesliga and they are going well at the moment, with many of my DAB mates saying they'll give St Mirren 3/4.

If Utd get beat, then this will show them how far way they really are from being a SP side, as St Mirren are beautifully turgid.

I think that Utd losing and seeing them potentially realise they are off the pace of the big league will be more satisfying than St Mirren maintaining their losing run.

St Mirren win.

As if it was ever in doubt, just wanted to drag it out and fill a few minutes of my existence.

Well put. I don’t think my old brain really thought it through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SM1893 said:

This is an interesting one. On one hand, I love to see Utd get beat at all times, but a Saints win might just lift them and spur them on to put a couple of results together.

What's more interesting is that this is probably the best Utd team they've put together since going down to the Fundesliga and they are going well at the moment, with many of my DAB mates saying they'll give St Mirren 3/4.

If Utd get beat, then this will show them how far way they really are from being a SP side, as St Mirren are beautifully turgid.

I think that Utd losing and seeing them potentially realise they are off the pace of the big league will be more satisfying than St Mirren maintaining their losing run.

St Mirren win.

As if it was ever in doubt, just wanted to drag it out and fill a few minutes of my existence.

A cogent qualification of your stated preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

A cogent qualification of your stated preference.

And hopefully everyone else's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to worry about United until they were knocked out the cup as the had a habit of reaching the latter stages. Nowadays they are a Championship side and regardless of whether they win tomorrow they will get papped out eventually so I'm not worried.

 

So to answer your question St Mirren every minute of everyday of the week please

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SM1893 said:

And hopefully everyone else's

I too concur with your sentiments......but hopefully with a couple of hamstring/calf muscle injuries ....you know ? just enough to keep a couple of them out for a week or two and if I could just be a wee bit greedy... a cheeky wee sending off would be nice....don't know what's happening to me these days as my eyes seem to light up when I see a red card in a match report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn’t give a monkeys only interested in the Dee.

Well suppose a win for St Mirren f ucking hate the dabs

always have always will do.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dblair said:

St mirren every single day of the year. 

Amen

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

If it finishes 10-0 St Mirren, my only disappointment would be that it hadn't finished 11-0.

Is this a serious question? (with all due respect)

Absolutely- championship shambles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St Mirren winning means they have another competition to consider and more games to cram in with potential injuries, plus it shuts the dayglo brigade up. Win/win. 😊

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd prefer a draw. Another game both would have to play with risk of injuries (not career threatening) / suspensions.

Anything that will cause both to struggle with league form would be a bonus.

 

  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Double Blue said:

St Mirren winning means they have another competition to consider and more games to cram in with potential injuries, plus it shuts the dayglo brigade up. Win/win. 😊

That’s a brilliant point. I’ve come to my senses. St Mirren win. My apologies for even considering wanting them to get a result. I’m utterly ashamed. 😕

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1stevie said:

I'd prefer a draw. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A draw and then a St Midden win after replay and penalties would be ideal. Doesn't matter who they are playing right now.

The more games St Midden play the better.  

(JM has already stated that his players need a rest this weekend). 

Edited by Dondeh
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will give us a clue on any potential play off with a Championship side....

But St Mirren win all day long for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reviewing all the available data (well reading the thread) and weighing up the pro's and con's.... I'm for a draw with both teams getting reds and some knocks. After a brutal replay with more reds and knocks, St. M to go through on pens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing a reminder of this game earlier in the day, the same thought went through my mind.

Since then, I've kept changing my mind (for the reasons as above)...I've now convinced myself.

I want the "ither lot" to get hammered. But if it goes the other way, I'll have a change of mind &

convince myself that, subconsciously, that is the result I really wanted...It's a win-win situation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Utd not coming up again the cup remains their only chance of success . Tragic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.