The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Napper

Play Off Place.

Rate this topic

Let's be  straight here - don't we all believe we are better than them?  Over 2 games, the better team prevails in most cases.  Yep, upsets happen but let's not  think they will if we were to play them.  The top tier team usually wins. 

Regardless, i'd not want to test my theory!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HK Blues said:

Let's be  straight here - don't we all believe we are better than them?  Over 2 games, the better team prevails in most cases.  Yep, upsets happen but let's not  think they will if we were to play them.  The top tier team usually wins. 

Regardless, i'd not want to test my theory!

Neither would I HK with regards to your theory. Especially when the most recent example shows us Livi beating Partick! And on top of that they are now sitting bottom of the championship. 

Let us just say that let's hope we get to tenth, and if we are in the playoff (better than 12th obviously) then let us hope it's anybody but THEM. As much as I think we're a better team than them the negative consequences of what COULD happen in a playoff between us just don't bare thinking about.

Some loon in the papers fae hong kong travelling back and forward to games - who’s that then - any ideas ?😉

3 hours ago, Troodee1893 said:

Hopefully 10th place awaits us and an ignominious play off defeat to Ayr or ICT awaits them.

I know this topic is focusing on "Play-Off- Place" ...  But my total focus (& belief) at this time is, this will not affect us.

Prefer to think (even though it is early days) we're now showing enough grit, energy & enthusiasm, to make 10th place.

Hope we can do it Troodee:bouncy:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gedee said:

I know this topic is focusing on "Play-Off- Place" ...  But my total focus (& belief) at this time is, this will not affect us.

Prefer to think (even though it is early days) we're now showing enough grit, energy & enthusiasm, to make 10th place.

Hope we can do it Troodee:bouncy:

We will gedee , I agree

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stampguy said:

Neither would I HK with regards to your theory. Especially when the most recent example shows us Livi beating Partick! And on top of that they are now sitting bottom of the championship. 

Let us just say that let's hope we get to tenth, and if we are in the playoff (better than 12th obviously) then let us hope it's anybody but THEM. As much as I think we're a better team than them the negative consequences of what COULD happen in a playoff between us just don't bare thinking about.

I think we are all agreed on one thing Stampguy, whilst we all reckon we'd take them in a play-off BUT there are no certainties in football, and less so in Derby games, so let's get that 10th spot and let Accies or St Mirren keep UTD down!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

I think we are all agreed on one thing Stampguy, whilst we all reckon we'd take them in a play-off BUT there are no certainties in football, and less so in Derby games, so let's get that 10th spot and let Accies or St Mirren keep UTD down!

And that's it in a nutshell HK...

We've endured enough pain & agony this season. And although there's no guarantee we are over the worst of it, we might be.

Let us not prolong the pain  until the last few, dying  days of the season ... As it stands, We are still the City Premiership Club.

DFC ... TENTH PLACE ... WE CAN DO IT:chaplin:

• Like 1

I believe we will do enough to finish above St Mirren & Hamilton but its going to be a battle . 

Even if we do though Big improvements in the personnel will be required .

There is a big hole in the middle of the park to fill with a quality central midfielder now that Kamara is away and the loan players will be returning to their clubs .

If we could somehow manage to get the keeper  from QPR on a permanent deal and add a creative player or the unlikely scenario of getting Wright  from Aberdeen that would go a long way in my opinion but for now lets just make sure we do enough to avoid any play-off or relegation spots and I think we should just about manage that !

I would actually be more worried having to play the likes of Ross County, Inverness or Ayr than United... I don't think the Dabs would relish a sudden death game with us either. All hypothetical stuff as we will have 10th spot secured long before then 🙈

Noticed Livi were very much hot favourites to win their game against Dundee ...

Although my gut feeling says ...The Lads in Dark Blue will be well up for this game.

And if there was a time to upset the odds...This would be the time & place to start.

So Jim McIntyre & Coaching Staff, let's get your Players wel Fired up for the Game.

If there are Dundee FANS out there who can make the game, so much the better:chaplin:

We cant all make the game. But those who can, Make your voice heard. Love DFC :wub:

DFC. Never mind awe this Play-offs Nonsense...FOCUS LADS: IT'S 10th PLACE :bouncy: