Just now, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

You better phone Islay's greenkeeper 

It was my green keeper (the bairn’s rabbit) that informed me this morning 😆

• Funny 1

Just now, Dblair said:

It was my green keeper (the bairn’s rabbit) that informed me this morning 😆

It's unseasonably byling.

Window opened third morning in a row.

20 all time low temperatures broke in the USA the other week.

Hottest week on record recorded in Australia the same week.

Something like 19 of the warmest global years ever recorded have been in the last 20 years.

Icecaps melting.

Major unprecedented weather events all over the world.

Trump doesn't think it's real though and the worst bit is - most people think the effects are in the future when they are in fact now.

Meanwhile - the country wastes three years boring itself to death over fkn Brexit while the world burns (literally) and Britain goes to the dogs in so many areas that are being ignored.

And breathe 🙂

• Star Post 1

It needs to be 6 to 7 degrees for grass to grow.  It has also been a remarkably dry December and January in the area that also helps. :)

5 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

It's unseasonably byling.

Window opened third morning in a row.

20 all time low temperatures broke in the USA the other week.

Hottest week on record recorded in Australia the same week.

Something like 19 of the warmest global years ever recorded have been in the last 20 years.

Icecaps melting.

Major unprecedented weather events all over the world.

Trump doesn't think it's real though and the worst bit is - most people think the effects are in the future when they are in fact now.

Meanwhile - the country wastes three years boring itself to death over fkn Brexit while the world burns (literally) and Britain goes to the dogs in so many areas that are being ignored.

And breathe 🙂

Got that off your chest.  You'll feel better for it. :)

• Like 1

We know that global warming is a hoax because it was really cold in Chicago recently. That's according to the most powerful person on the planet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

We know that global warming is a hoax because it was really cold in Chicago recently. That's according to the most powerful person on the planet.

I can't remember Bill Gates coming out with anything like that.

• Funny 1

Phuck sake lads, I was just sick of reading stats about plastic pitches and meaningless reserve games so thought I’d do a bit of fishing 🙈

Some very valid points raised though 👏🏻

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Attilio said:

It needs to be 6 to 7 degrees for grass to grow.  It has also been a remarkably dry December and January in the area that also helps. :)

I know mate, I wasn’t being entirely serious. Well I was about my grass growing but not due to global warming. 

7 minutes ago, Dblair said:

I know mate, I wasn’t being entirely serious. Well I was about my grass growing but not due to global warming. 

Trust me, neither was I.  Just feeling a wee bit bored at work.

• Like 1

Just now, Attilio said:

Trust me, neither was I.  Just feeling a wee bit bored at work.

Roll on Saturday 👍🏻

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dblair said:

Roll on Saturday 👍🏻

Shopping - Nandos - Fitba.  In that order.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dblair said:

My grass has started to grow, and it’s february. Just let that sink in  🤣

So has mine, almost ready for first cut :o ...and I noticed some had appeared in the borders in mid-January. I do live in the milder climate of the sheltered east Dighty catchment area in sunny Barnhill, but nevertheless....maybe a dozen mornings with a wee bit of frost this winter, only one morning with enough snow to justify brushing the drive. Just as well I didn't bother bringing the 'winter lawnmower' (aka snowplough/blower) with me, when I moved 'back home'. 

I may need to borrow an Islay goat to keep the lawn under control until gardening season!

Five years ago & only 45 miles due north of here (as the crow flies), this was regular winter morning 'gardening work' for the snowplough.....
(these were November 2013, almost 40cm overnight snow)

1976241341_YouExpectMeToCutThroughThatNov2013.thumb.JPG.6ea87f77aff51574724f6a8e5d09852b.JPG251832231_WheresTheGrassGone-Nov2013.thumb.JPG.3cca5705e43be531546902a670d612a0.JPG       

Moving on to the climate/warming thing.....this was Hogmanay 2013 & 2015, just two years (& 25 degrees c) apart....
(-10c for a crisp sunny week / +10c rising to +15c over a couple of days then overnight gale & rain) 

380257526_Year-endasitshouldbe.thumb.JPG.7d8f3ab3af5974c3c39c2e683edb3568.JPG1558097438_Year-endwhenitstoowarmwet.thumb.JPG.70c2249e526eeefe6d2a836efece23fb.JPG

• Wowzer 1

:chin:I wonder if you can guess, what early seeds eh can pit in my Hot Propagator? :chin:

:excited: :excited:YOU TOOK TOO LANG .... TOO LATE THEY ARE ALREADY SOWN :excited::excited:

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, WoodStein said:

So has mine, almost ready for first cut :o ...and I noticed some had appeared in the borders in mid-January. I do live in the milder climate of the sheltered east Dighty catchment area in sunny Barnhill, but nevertheless....maybe a dozen mornings with a wee bit of frost this winter, only one morning with enough snow to justify brushing the drive. Just as well I didn't bother bringing the 'winter lawnmower' (aka snowplough/blower) with me, when I moved 'back home'. 

I may need to borrow an Islay goat to keep the lawn under control until gardening season!

Five years ago & only 45 miles due north of here (as the crow flies), this was regular winter morning 'gardening work' for the snowplough.....
(these were November 2013, almost 40cm overnight snow)

1976241341_YouExpectMeToCutThroughThatNov2013.thumb.JPG.6ea87f77aff51574724f6a8e5d09852b.JPG251832231_WheresTheGrassGone-Nov2013.thumb.JPG.3cca5705e43be531546902a670d612a0.JPG       

Moving on to the climate/warming thing.....this was Hogmanay 2013 & 2015, just two years (& 25 degrees c) apart....
(-10c for a crisp sunny week / +10c rising to +15c over a couple of days then overnight gale & rain) 

380257526_Year-endasitshouldbe.thumb.JPG.7d8f3ab3af5974c3c39c2e683edb3568.JPG1558097438_Year-endwhenitstoowarmwet.thumb.JPG.70c2249e526eeefe6d2a836efece23fb.JPG

I see by the fourth picture at least your plants are getting some water though.

• Funny 1

54 minutes ago, Gedee said:

:excited: :excited:YOU TOOK TOO LANG .... TOO LATE THEY ARE ALREADY SOWN :excited::excited:

To much information there Gedee!

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

To much information there Gedee!

As the response John is fae yir guid self, I think eh know where you are coming from ... (Golden Plums & awe that) ;)

But eh've got to be cannie, no, to release too much info...Never sure if the "Midnight Marauding Cult" are truly gone :ph34r:

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, Dblair said:

My grass has started to grow, and it’s february. Just let that sink in 

🤣

Hi Dblair,

This winter our grass has never stopped growing which is a pity as it means that I will have to cut it sooner than normal this spring. 

The mini daffodils in our garden first came into bloom on 5th November 2018 and they have remained in full bloom throughout this winter. 

Now the full size daffodils are in full bloom which is about two weeks earlier than normal. 

I can remember a particularly mild winter when we lived in Dundee around 1990 where the temperatures in Dundee in February were in the sixties. The daffodils in my garden near Lochee Park were in full bloom at the beginning of that February and by the end of the month the tulips were about to bloom. 

The very mild spell of weather abruptly ended and the temperature dropped like a stone with snow showers. The tulips in my garden never bloomed thanks to the dramatic change in the weather. 

There is a well known saying ‘What goes around comes around’ and usually the weather sorts itself throughout the year. 

This has been a windier than normal winter on Islay which usually means mild weather.