Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Steven Lawless

Ludo*1

LM/LW.

Out of favour at Partick Thistle and the fans aren't happy. Apparently he only signed a new deal this season after being promised first team football and for some reason Archibald isn't giving him much of a sniff.

There was talk of him wanting out after a fall out with the manager and he even posted on Twitter something along the lines of, 'Time for a change of scenery' but as you'd expect subsequently deleted that Tweet.

I realise some reading this that know nothing of Lawless or Partick Thistle might currently be thinking, 'He sounds like he has a bit of the Phil Roberts about him' but by all accounts the suggestions are that Archibald is struggling to keep a hold of the dressing room. He's already suspended Jordan McMillan with an internal investigation having to take place, there slump of form and numerous little incidents like the snippet above from players like Lawless.

He's out of contract at the end of the season I believe and here's what a few Thistle fans are saying about him at the moment:

'Re: Lawless, I wouldn't be against Archie breaking the promise of more game time if he was gash, but he was one of our best and most consistent performing players. I'd be raging too if I was him. '

'He has a right to be raging, of course he has. He's been one of our best players this season with his assists and goals.'

'Lawless is unprofessional and a complete idiot for what he did yesterday. However in the grand scheme of things I'd take a lack of professionalism like that off the pitch to some of what we seen on the pitch yesterday.

Fraser with his petulant kick out in the build up to the 2nd was worse.

Seaborne and his can't be arsed tackle for the penalty and an attitude not worthy of a captain was worse.

The 3 players who surrounded County's Fraser and then not one of them tracked his run after the pass were worse.

Abdul Osman's inability to control a ball without taking 3 or 4 touches and his abject passing for a man paid to play the game was worse.

I'd take a Lawless in the side before any of them.'          

Here's a thread of the PT forum about that tweet, and it highlights what a talent he is that many are sticking by him despite a shocking public comment! Link.

I'd be disappointed if we weren't looking at him personally.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adblock Detected