The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Donny O

Disc Badge Strips

Rate this topic

Hi Just thought I would give those interested in Retro Tops  a bit of an update.

I enquired to Toffs about recreating The Dundee Strips that had the disc badge and today was advised that permission from the club was required (obviously)and an additional charge would be added (to I assume myself) to create the required badge (30 quid for the badge plus £35 for the jersey). as a "Special"

Be interested to hear if there is a demand for these tops (my request was for the white 1971)

Not sure how this could be progressed (by myself or others such as the club/shop etc)but at least it wasn't ruled out from Toffs (My other request for my "profile pic strip" was sadly turned down)

Anyway just thought I would let Bark Blue and the rest of you updated

;o)

• Like 5

On 19/02/2019 at 12:08, Donny O said:

Hi Just thought I would give those interested in Retro Tops  a bit of an update.

I enquired to Toffs about recreating The Dundee Strips that had the disc badge and today was advised that permission from the club was required (obviously)and an additional charge would be added (to I assume myself) to create the required badge (30 quid for the badge plus £35 for the jersey). as a "Special"

Be interested to hear if there is a demand for these tops (my request was for the white 1971)

Not sure how this could be progressed (by myself or others such as the club/shop etc)but at least it wasn't ruled out from Toffs (My other request for my "profile pic strip" was sadly turned down)

Anyway just thought I would let Bark Blue and the rest of you updated

;o)

Thanks for the update Donny O. Not sure how you'd progress this either, but it's interesting to see how willing a company like Toffs are to look into expanding their range/offer from requests like this. Great top you've asked them for but a shame on the refusal of that great strip from the 70s. 

• Like 1

Thanks for enquiring, Donny O. I bought a replica of the '76 onwards top years ago from Burton on the Marketgait (without the Admiral badge), which is a real beauty, but I'd put my hand up for a rep. of any of the 'Sampdoria' DFC tops. For the life of me I can't find the originals on eBay and they are my favourite Dee tops. I have the JSearch style ones, from as a bairn, but the early 90s ones are the best. If Toffs were to reissue those I'd definitely buy one.

This is highly doubtful but it would be great to see them.

• Like 2

Thanks Barkblue- yeah was gutted the Blue/Red sash  was a no no! A top we only wore once yet the whole 1st team squad posed with it and the pics were used on many of the footie cards we collected in the 70s. Apparently they didn't have the material available for the blue/red.

The Disc Badges- Ive had an update to write to the club for permission to use this badge and if accepted Toffs will produce but will ask the 1st purchaser to stump up an additional 30 quid to create the badge.

regards

9 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Thanks for enquiring, Donny O. I bought a replica of the '76 onwards top years ago from Burton on the Marketgait (without the Admiral badge), which is a real beauty, but I'd put my hand up for a rep. of any of the 'Sampdoria' DFC tops. For the life of me I can't find the originals on eBay and they are my favourite Dee tops. I have the JSearch style ones, from as a bairn, but the early 90s ones are the best. If Toffs were to reissue those I'd definitely buy one.

This is highly doubtful but it would be great to see them.

I had a wee break from buying strips etc but was forced back in when The Samp Style one appeared!!!! A classic!...especially the Away (IMO) I still wear mine(The Away Top) with pride and its still in good nick!!!

I would say Aztec Retro would be eyeing up this style of top rather  than Toffs To Be Honest but agreed it would be great to see some sort of reissue.

Fingers Crossed

Regards