The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
islaydarkblue

View From My Front Window

Rate this topic

This afternoon I was sitting in my living room in Islay watching the rain running down my front window like a ‘fishmongers window’ when I spotted a helicopter flying low above Lochindaal. 

It was either filming for yet another TV  travel programme about Islay or it was heading to Islay Airport. 

If it was heading to the airport then it was a strange way to go as helicopters usually go directly to the airport and do not follow the normal aircraft flight route. 

I watched the helicopter heading off into the mist. 

• Funny 1

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c6c891b754a335377

• Funny 1

Just now, TheDarkBlues said:

2u3o15.jpg

Ideal to use during a home game at Tannadice. 

Just now, Islaydarkblue said:

Ideal to use during a home game at Tannadice

There is a Tannadice next to your house? 🤣

5 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

There is a Tannadice next to your house? 🤣

No. The helicopter that I saw this afternoon whilst sitting in my chair looking out my front window bore no resemblance to the attack helicopter shown in your post. 

As I previously posted it was possible that the helicopter I saw  this afternoon was one of the many that fly over Islay filming the island for yet another TV Travel programme. 

28 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

No. The helicopter that I saw this afternoon whilst sitting in my chair looking out my front window bore no resemblance to the attack helicopter shown in your post. 

As I previously posted it was possible that the helicopter I saw  this afternoon was one of the many that fly over Islay filming the island for yet another TV Travel programme. 

When you said you didn't do humour... I honestly didn't believe you... until NOW! 🤣

24 minutes ago, Sandeman said:

https://sweetytextmessages.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/1-Funny-Sarcastic-Memes.jpg

Hi Sandeman,

I will give you a tip. 

If you do not like what I post then just ignore it but please do not try to spoil it for everyone else. 

Posts like this certainly discourages me from setting up new topics even on the General News section. 

• Wowzer 1

12 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

When you said you didn't do humour... I honestly didn't believe you... until NOW! 🤣

I always tell the truth.

OPENING POST ... 

Islay in an effort to blend, & show more of his softer, kinder, sensitive, more romantic inner self, tries a new method of attracting Fellow Posters :wub:

This is then followed, by POST TWO, which appears to show we are not quite ready yet for..."The New Islay"

The next post, which follows  shortly after, appears to reflect this confusion...The Killer Machine's launched.

Mission: To Destroy this  Unknown Quantity. Islay, get back to your usual self. The man we love to hate:chaplin:

• Funny 1

32 minutes ago, Gedee said:

OPENING POST ... 

Islay in an effort to blend, & show more of his softer, kinder, sensitive, more romantic inner self, tries a new method of attracting Fellow Posters :wub:

This is then followed, by POST TWO, which appears to show we are not quite ready yet for..."The New Islay"

The next post, which follows  shortly after, appears to reflect this confusion...The Killer Machine's launched.

Mission: To Destroy this  Unknown Quantity. Islay, get back to your usual self. The man we love to hate:chaplin:

Hi Gedee,

I was trying to explain to my fellow posters and guests on the DBF that living on Islay you never know what your are going to see out your front window. 

About ten years ago an army helicopter landed in the field behind our house which scared the living daylights out of our two dogs.

There was an Army rugby team playing in the annual beach rugby competition in Port Ellen and it seems that some of them decided that they fancied a trip to Bruichladdich Distillery. 

It caused a bit of a rumpus as a result of flying and landing near private houses.

There has never a helicopter in the field since. 

8 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi Gedee,

I was trying to explain to my fellow posters and guests on the DBF that living on Islay you never know what your are going to see out your front window. 

About ten years ago an army helicopter landed in the field behind our house which scared the living daylights out of our two dogs.

There was an Army rugby team playing in the annual beach rugby competition in Port Ellen and it seems that some of them decided that they fancied a trip to Bruichladdich Distillery. 

It caused a bit of a rumpus as a result of flying and landing near private houses.

There has never a helicopter in the field since. 

Islay,  think you and your good wife are gonna miss that "Little Bit of Heaven" once you make that big return to Dundee.

However, think the same "conditions" may still apply ... Keep an eye oot for your enemies. Dinnae venture oot in the dark :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Islay,  think you and your good wife are gonna miss that "Little Bit of Heaven" once you make that big return to Dundee.

However, think the same "conditions" may still apply ... Keep an eye oot for your enemies. Dinnae venture oot in the dark :ph34r:

Hi Gedee,

My wife will miss that ‘Little Bit of Heaven’ when we finally leave Islay for the last time but I will not miss having to get up at 7.15am for the morning sailing and worrying if the ferry will sail because of the wind or swell. 

26 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi Gedee,

My wife will miss that ‘Little Bit of Heaven’ when we finally leave Islay for the last time but I will not miss having to get up at 7.15am for the morning sailing and worrying if the ferry will sail because of the wind or swell. 

Weel jist mind, no' to leave it too late Islay ...

Up until now, you have managed to avoid the annual "Human Harvest Sacrificial Burning" ...

But even as we speak, the locals will be stocking up on the Coops Firelighters...BOGOF :excited:

• Funny 1

Recce mission for operation “Extract Islay” IMO.

4 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Recce mission for operation “Extract Islay” IMO.

No need.

I am currently sitting on the Calmac ferry making my way to Dens for the Hibs game this Friday evening.

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

No need.

I am currently sitting on the Calmac ferry making my way to Dens for the Hibs game this Friday evening.

Good on you, Islay 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

You’ll be there in plenty time me thinks.

32 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

No need.

With this new information you have now divulged Islay,

Initial Mission Will now be aborted :)

Now newly directed to Ferry Route :jawdrop:

Passengers, Run to Muster Station :tears:

Panic & Fierce Fights, at Lifeboats :rant:

Mysterious Figure last seen, rowing at great speed away from Target Point ...

His heroic parting words (barely heard above the screams) I'll go for help  :bye:

• Funny 2

22 hours ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi Sandeman,

I will give you a tip. 

If you do not like what I post then just ignore it but please do not try to spoil it for everyone else. 

Posts like this certainly discourages me from setting up new topics even on the General News section. 

my post was an attempt at some light hearted  humour and no to be taken serious. sorry if it offended wasn't meaning any disrespect to you 

• Like 1