Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Warning Signs Were There.

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
31 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

To be fair, that was a spectacular performance in comparison to our previous outing at Peterhead.

Very true. The warning signs were certainly there in July 2016. We were lucky to only concede twice. That passback from Julen at 3:03 in the video was a shocker.

It's a miracle we didn't go down in 2016/17. We were absolutely dreadful at times.

11 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Very true. The warning signs were certainly there in July 2016. We were lucky to only concede twice. That passback from Julen at 3:03 in the video was a shocker.

It's a miracle we didn't go down in 2016/17. We were absolutely dreadful at times.

To his credit, Hartley ditching any notion of playing football and signing Haber in October did save us. He ultimately had to go when it looked like he couldn't get out the last run but I think he did well after arsing a lot up and he did well to put a few runs together and get points off the board.

That being said, Peterhead is a b*****d of a place to go in pre-season for any top flight team in the League Cup. In fact, come to think of it, I don't think I have ever heard of Peterhead losing a single match, I don't get why they aren't dominating the top flight.

4 hours ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I had major concerns during pre season due to the lack of quality and the fact we were signing project players who had never played at a decent level or played very little in their careers.

I was quickly shot down and told 'give them a chance ffs' 

I knew all along :p  

You weren't the only one JK.

Remember how the narrative went:-

'Wait until the competitive games start'

to.........

'Wait until the league starts'

to..........

'Wait until the transfer window closes'

The January 2018 transfer window was where it all started to unravel for NM. Summer 2018 window and pre season was an utter shambles.  

Edited by Dondeh

24 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

You weren't the only one JK.

Remember how the narrative went:-

'Wait until the competitive games start'

to.........

'Wait until the league starts'

to..........

'Wait until the transfer window closes'

The January 2018 transfer window was where it all started to unravel for NM. Summer 2018 window and pre season was an utter shambles.  

We all had reservations but what's to be gained from screaming "sh**e signing" before the season has started. It's not as if the fans have the power to actually change the decisions that are being made at the club.

Sometimes a new signing looks like he'll be a dud (e.g. Carlo Monti, Christian Nade). Sometimes he'll prove to be a dud and sometimes he'll surprise us. Should we say "I bet he's going to be sh**e" so that we can say "I told you so" or do say "let's see what he can do" to try and generate a little positivity before the season kicks off? I prefer the latter attitude myself.

Adblock Detected