The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Relegation Battle

Rate this topic

Our home record over the past few years is abysmal due to our complete lack oc creativity in midfield.

Woods and Robson last werk-Robson hardly passed a ball forwards.

Las year we had Scott Allen but did not play him-he left.

McGowan has played the majority of games on these 3 seadons-without some changes in midfield  we will struggle to stay up.

23 hours ago, Cobra said:

Dens isn't exactly at a fortress these days. Maybe we should play on plastic just to create a problem for the opposition.

This is the cause of where we are in the table. If we had a decent defence we would be much better off points wise. St J goals for 29 goals against 39 points 38, us goals for 24 goals against 61 points 18.

It isn't down to the players IMO. It's because we don't defend as a team. Defensive mids, attacking mids, wing backs, wingers strikers, it's all a load of hot air. We must get everyone trying to get the ball back as quickly as possible. Backing off, failing to track runners not being able to put in a robust tackle without getting a yellow card, it just reeks of lack of a plan to me.

• Like 1

Two huge 3pm kick-offs today.

Hamilton face Hearts at New Douglas Park. If Accies win that they'll be six points clear with eight games to play. Realistically, we probably aren't going to make that so it's a crucial game. Hopefully the Jambos can pick up at least a point and stop Accies pulling away.

St Mirren are at McDiarmid, which is worrying given how horrific St Johnstone's form is... eight defeats and one draw from the last nine. If that miserable run continues we'll probably be going to Paisley a couple of points adrift.

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

If Accies win that they'll be six points clear with eight games to play. Realistically, we probably aren't going to make that so it's a crucial game.

It would be tough but we do still have to play them so that 6 points could be down to only 3. Doable. 

On 12/03/2019 at 00:35, Cobra said:

Dundee, St Mirren and Hamilton all lost and we had the toughest fixture. Not a bad weekend after all.

Suddenly I'm looking forward to the Celtic game.

Mon the Dee. We can do this.

I can't believe another poster thought you were a pessimist!!!!!

• Funny 1

Saints game postponed.. so we won’t be bottom by the weekends end at least 🤪.. could be 6 points adrift from 10th though..

mon the hearts

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

1-0 Hamilton 

😓

Accies well on top with shots; shots on target and corners. We must pray for a game of two halves.

15 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

Hearts were abysmal at Dens.

Was just going to say that the only reason Hearts scored at Dens was our calamitous defending. If they are as bad today, they'll definitely not score. 

I thought Hamilton were nailed on for a win today against that Hearts team. The fact we couldn’t beat them is exactly why we are where we are

• Like 2

Looks like the play-offs at best for us now.

Hamilton are heading for six points clear and you'd have to fancy them to increase that gap before the split given their favourable fixtures.

8 minutes ago, Dee_Dee said:

I thought Hamilton were nailed on for a win today against that Hearts team. The fact we couldn’t beat them is exactly why we are where we are

Hearts form of late has been terrible ...  (As DFC fans & supporters, we're experts at assessing rubbish teams)

I have not been following the live games today, but it seems Accies are well in control...Hope it changes soon

If JM had brought in a decent midfielder we might have stood up to them. Instead he decided to bring in 4 clones of Jesse. Why?

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Looks like Hearts are looking at 1 win in 7 games. 3 guesses where it was.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

If JM had brought in a decent midfielder we might have stood up to them. Instead he decided to bring in 4 clones of Jesse. Why?

It’s our inability to keep clean sheets that’s the major issue imo. Kasungas, Odeas and Senys mistakes the last few games are what’s killed us not the midfield 

• Like 1

I think we’ll struggle to make up 6/7 points in the remaining games. 

Even though we’ve still to play Hamilton, if we beat them I’m not sure where their other loss is coming from.  

I said in October that if we're going to sack McCann he needs to be replaced by a manager who could come in and drill to players until they don't have to think on the park. With organisation comes confidence, clean sheets and points.

Our players are as hesitant and error-prone as they were at the start of the season. It's all very well signing more competitive players and having a go but if you don't prioritise the defence you're in trouble.

• Like 1

Hamilton are just a better survivor team than us. McIntyre has-been pretty well supported and has been unable to get us out of the bottom two. Hamilton will be safe now. Next week is our make or break. We have been crap this season and will I can't see us making third bottom now. Poor result last week.We will pay for that one.

The Dales and Robson signings haven't paid off. Nelson has hardly played, Davies hasn't. Wright was a good signing.  Curran, not so sure. Only seems effective with Nelson on the park, but that could be because we have nobody else capable of taking a goal. 

14 minutes ago, Valentke said:

It’s our inability to keep clean sheets that’s the major issue imo. Kasungas, Odeas and Senys mistakes the last few games are what’s killed us not the midfield 

As well as our defense making mistakes we do not have anyone who can tackle in midfield. Our new additions have not strengthened our midfield. 

Looking like play offs at best. Another dreadful day in a dreadful season.

• Like 3