The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
eyeothedug

Andrew Nelson

Rate this topic

How long is he out for? Hopefully not long. Him, Wright and Dales make all the difference.

Missed him terribly last night.

Hopefully Miller showed last night that he's worthy of a start if Nelson is out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Hopefully Miller showed last night that he's worthy of a start if Nelson is out.

Yes i thought he was good. Unlucky that linesman thinks in line is Aff! 

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Just now, Cg73 said:

Yeah I think Miller became our oldest ever scorer last night, except he didn't. 🙁

10 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Yeah I think Miller became our oldest ever scorer last night, except he didn't. 🙁

Miller was very close to becoming the oldest Dee to score a hat-trick & end the match with no goals ;)  

Hard to see 'the line' when you're behind that goal, but I'm convinced there was a defender inside the 6 yard box a yard behind Miller, for the 2nd one. I've only seen the goals on tv, so far, and hoping there was a trackside camera in line with those two 'goals'.

Great positional sense from him, for both, he looked very sharp again last night. We're going to need all our forwards on-form for this 3-way fight, irrespective of which ones are chosen to start.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

An absolutely mindbending decision to have Kenny sitting on the bench at the start of the match with Nelson out. 

Edited by Stampguy
  • Like 3
  • Star Post 1

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

Starting Miller would have avoided having to rearrange the whole forward formation as well. Seemed like a difficult way of solving a simple problem. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stampguy said:

An absolutely mindbending decision to have Kenny sitting on the bench at the start of the match with Nelson out. 

I’d have hooked Jesse at half time, put Miller up top with Craig C and put Wright out wide. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Stampguy said:

Called it early last week when there was a hint that Curran and/or Nelson could be out. McGowan has been JM's preferred option from the bench and I couldn't see him bringing in Miller over McGowan if one of the strikers were out. Miller looked lively last night though and was unlucky with the goals so he's maybe given the manager something to ponder.

20 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Called it early last week when there was a hint that Curran and/or Nelson could be out. McGowan has been JM's preferred option from the bench and I couldn't see him bringing in Miller over McGowan if one of the strikers were out. Miller looked lively last night though and was unlucky with the goals so he's maybe given the manager something to ponder.

It should have been Jesse Curran on the bench with Miller in the starting line up. With McGowan starting alogside Woods.

One for the statisticians and internet aficianados.

How many minutes has Nelson played v how many available since he arrived.

Can't be many. 

1 minute ago, Dondeh said:

One for the statisticians and internet aficianados.

Can't be many. 

260 out of 450 minutes in the league. Has played in 4 out of 6 games though and isn't a 90 minute player with his style so I don't think it's too bad.

His injury record is something that worries me a bit long term. He gets the sh*t kicked out of him.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rosco said:

It should have been Jesse Curran on the bench with Miller in the starting line up. With McGowan starting alogside Woods.

In hindsight yes, I honestly didn't see it like that in the pub pre-match though. I think JM sees Miller as someone who can make an impact from the bench, he'll have good games but probably not enough to convince the gaffer that he should start.

10 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Can't be many. 

Looks like he's played 300 minutes out of a total of 720, which is around 40%.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

260 out of 450 minutes in the league. Has played in 4 out of 6 games though and isn't a 90 minute player with his style so I don't think it's too bad.

His injury record is something that worries me a bit long term. He gets the sh*t kicked out of him.

Some goals per minute average for him though :) Why isn't he a 90 minute player?

15 minutes ago, Eyeothedug said:

Some goals per minute average for him though Why isn't he a 90 minute player?

I’d take a stab and say that due to his gung ho battling style of play he will pick up a number of injuries along the way. 

He’s a brave player who is not afraid to go flying into challenges where he might come off worse. He’s already picked up a head knock and I believe his spell at Falkirk was cut short due to another very bad head knock. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stampguy said:

On my way to the pub to watch I saw the team online and immediately thought...No striker...at home? Weird decision.

2 hours ago, Stampguy said:

I said before the game it was a big decision by JM. 

Did he get it wrong?.

We got pumped 4.

Edited by Dondeh