The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

Puel has been sacked and Rodgers is odds-on favourite to take over.

Hopefully he takes the job as Scottish football has been horribly predictable since 2016.

Given that he can't do anything in Europe you wonder what the point is in him staying.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Puel has been sacked and Rodgers is odds-on favourite to take over.

Hopefully he takes the job as Scottish football has been horribly predictable since 2016.

Given that he can't do anything in Europe you wonder what the point is in him staying.

If he can get the gig then this would be a perfect fit for him. I doubt he would be considered for one of the top 6 teams and Everton might be out of the question with his Liverpool history.  It might also be a better measure on how good a manager/coach he is.  Time to test himself.

I just remembered he's stated a desire to stay for 10 in a row which would keep him at Parkhead until 2021.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I just remembered he's stated a desire to stay for 10 in a row which would keep him at Parkhead until 2021.

If he is offered the job, I would expect him to take it and it's not like he was the one that got them the 10 in a row anyway.

More money, better league and a better chance in Europe, even Theresa May would take the chance.

He'd be idiotic to stay. Laugh a minute on Twitter just now where Celtic fans are saying it's a step down, he's a Celtic man and he could easily get the Chelsea job. 

Theyre f**cking mental.

3 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

He'd be idiotic to stay. Laugh a minute on Twitter just now where Celtic fans are saying it's a step down, he's a Celtic man and he could easily get the Chelsea job. 

Theyre f**cking mental.

Chelsea womens team.  Maybe.

10 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Chelsea womens team.  Maybe.

Sexist !!!!!

I'm sure the Chelsea burds are just as good as the men..... :P

7 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Sexist !!!!!

I'm sure the Chelsea burds are just as good as the men..... 

I'm sure the womens standard is every bit as good as the mens.  I just don't know how they find the time to train for and play fitba what with posting endless shyte on Facebook and painting their toenails.  And that's just David Luiz. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

7 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I'm sure the womens standard is every bit as good as the mens.  I just don't know how they find the time to train for and play fitba what with posting endless shyte on Facebook and painting their toenails.  And that's just David Luiz. 🙄

I for one am shocked that they don't get 60,000 watching every week.....

Rodgers is now 1/10 to be next Leicester which suggests he has agreed to take the job or is close to doing so.

Hopefully he leaves Celtic just before they come to Dens as it might give us a chance.

And it seems like Rodgers is away with Neil Lennon moving back to his old job. Nothing official though.

I think Leicester is actually quite a good job for Rodgers. Puel wasn't getting results but he did put together a good young side and I could see why a manager would find it attractive.

The trouble with Leicester is the league triumph and Champions League football are still fresh in the memory so even if Rodgers does well and gets a top eight finish it's not really going to impress anyone and lead to his stock rising.

It is a return to top level football and a chance to work with better players so that's maybe enough for him.

Celtic losing home and away to a mid-table Spanish team with only six league wins all season has probably made him realise it's time to move on.

14 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

And it seems like Rodgers is away with Neil Lennon moving back to his old job. Nothing official though.

I think Leicester is actually quite a good job for Rodgers. Puel wasn't getting results but he did put together a good young side and I could see why a manager would find it attractive.

I'd have thought Celtic would have wanted to go for someone with a higher pedigree than Lennon if they are serious about mounting a European challenge.  

2 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

I'd have thought Celtic would have wanted to go for someone with a higher pedigree than Lennon if they are serious about mounting a European challenge.  

Don't want to spend to greedy thats how they have lost a good manager.

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

The trouble with Leicester is the league triumph and Champions League football are still fresh in the memory so even if Rodgers does well and gets a top eight finish it's not really going to impress anyone and lead to his stock rising.

It is a return to top level football and a chance to work with better players so that's maybe enough for him.

Celtic losing home and away to a mid-table Spanish team with only six league wins all season has probably made him realise it's time to move on.

It is funny seeing the level of entitlement from their fans this morning.

They've just watched Rangers go to sh*t over the past few years and seem to be losing it at their board who are providing a manager with a budget well well in excess of anyone domestically and pretty much free reign to do whatever he wanted.

If they spent another £10-15 million like they seem to be expecting, that doesn't equate to having a squad on the level they are expecting and they've spent huge sums of money badly in the past. It also wouldn't stop their manager from going. The board have done a fantastic job in recent years there and have created a very healthy club. Hopefully, fans lose the head and they go to sh*t.

5 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

Its not a great time to be changing and if there's a manager who's popular with fans and has 'cut it' there already it could be an easy appointment. Rolling contract would mean that he's easy enough to pay off if they feel they can upgrade later.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

I watched Lennon's Celtic at Barcelona and it was a fantastic defensive display so I think he's a good enough coach to get results in Europe.

Not sure there is any point in them trying to get better than Lennon. They're too good for Scottish football and can't lay on glove on top European sides. If they were able to attract a really top coach he'd demand some serious spending and the club don't seem to be willing to do that.

11 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

Don't want to spend to greedy thats how they have lost a good manager.

Speculate to accumulate and all that - the group stages of the CL bring in enough to more than pay for a manager with a greater pedigree than Lennon.  

10 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I watched Lennon's Celtic at Barcelona and it was a fantastic defensive display so I think he's a good enough coach to get results in Europe.

Not sure there is any point in them trying to get better than Lennon. They're too good for Scottish football and can't lay on glove on top European sides. If they were able to attract a really top coach he'd demand some serious spending and the club don't seem to be willing to do that.

That was my underlying point - they seem not to have the ambition to step up to the next level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

That was my underlying point - they seem not to have the ambition to step up to the next level.

Well when you consider that Man City have spent £1.4 billion in the last decade and have yet to reach a European final you can understand Celtic wondering if there's any point in spending £75m instead of £25m. They might as well just spend enough to ensure they win the league by 10 points every season.