Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Leicester

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
4 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

It's a fair point you raise Cobra.  I'm looking at it from the point of view of making it to the group stages and becoming a regular fixture at that level.  As for winning it - as you say, even a  club like City haven't had a sniff at that as yet. It's as much about the mentality as the ability at that stage and perhaps "new money" clubs like City still have a way to get to that level.  

Not sure the group stages is a realistic target these days HK. AEK Athens were too good for Celtic in the qualifiers and AEK failed to pick up a single point in their group.

The gap between the superclubs and the rest keeps growing.

Mind you, Ajax are doing alright on a limited budget. Helps when you can create your own £75m players though.

25 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Not sure the group stages is a realistic target these days HK. AEK Athens were too good for Celtic in the qualifiers and AEK failed to pick up a single point in their group.

The gap between the superclubs and the rest keeps growing.

Mind you, Ajax are doing alright on a limited budget. Helps when you can create your own £75m players though.

I think it's a realistic target, Cobra - but a step too far from where they are at the moment if that makes sense. 

I guess that brings us back to the original point I was making - with the lack of ambition they seem to be showing they will not kick on to reach even that level.

Will be interesting to see how Rodgers does at Leicester. It will be a shock to his system playing teams with comparable budgets every week. Rodgers did won the games he should win at Celtic (the games he had 10/20 times the budget of the opponent) but when he came up against teams with similar budgets he generally struggled.

The suggestions re Lennon in the media are as temporary manager to see out the season, I'd be very surprised if their board would bring him back long-term.

Stevie Clarke is their tip for the next manager....he'd maybe continue their dominance through to their 'holy grail' of 10-in-a-row (2 more after this season?), but perhaps unlikely to improve their European position. Mind you, it's hard to see who they could hire to do that, as the 'step up' they'd require is probably spending more to acquire a higher percentage of better quality players....really hard to see that happening, I think.  

Their fans will be praying he stays....he was perhaps the highest-profile manager they could have signed at the time, and being a lifelong fan, with all his family as fans too, it seemed logical that he'd be really keen to stay long enough to deliver 'the 10'.

Adblock Detected