Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Our Home Record.


bp33

Recommended Posts

Over the last few seasons, our home record has been horrendous, and the atmosphere at Dens has been poor in the main. What I would suggest to try and improve the atmosphere, would be to move the home support, from the Coxy, to the Shankly. The reason I feel this would help,is that our support wouldn’t be so fragmented, and the Derry, and the guys who sit behind the goals, would be far closer together. I sit in the Main Stand, and you can’t hear anything from the Coxy, but even when teams come with a poor support, you can hear them from the Shankly.

I also can’t think of one other ground, where the away team run out to their own fans, which must give them a massive boost.

Before anyone replies that the police wouldn’t allow it, they allow it across the road.

Obviously, this might not have any bearing on the poor home record, but it would improve the atmosphere, and hopefully help the team get better results. Be interesting to see what others think.

Edited by Bp33
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

It would be better for the atmosphere (and possibly results) if the home support was in the Shankly instead of the BC but we discussed this before and there were some season ticket holders furious at the prospect because the sun would get in their eyes. There may have been other reasons but I can't remember.

Basically folk in general hate change so I don't think it's a goer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It would be better for the atmosphere (and possibly results) if the home support was in the Shankly instead of the BC but we discussed this before and there were some season ticket holders furious at the prospect because the sun would get in their eyes. There may have been other reasons but I can't remember.

Basically folk in general hate change so I don't think it's a goer.

So your saying folk, would rather watch us getting beat every week, than have the minor inconvenience of maybe wearing a hat, or sunglasses. Also were I sit in the Main Stand you sometimes get the sun in your eyes. It would only be an issue perhaps 2 or 3 games a season. Also can’t remember a  goalkeeper ever wearing a cap at that end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bp33 said:

So your saying folk, would rather watch us getting beat every week, than have the minor inconvenience of maybe wearing a hat, or sunglasses. Also were I sit in the Main Stand you sometimes get the sun in your eyes. It would only be an issue perhaps 2 or 3 games a season. Also can’t remember a  goalkeeper ever wearing a cap at that end.

I don't think anyone would say they'd rather get beat but some simply won't consider swapping ends. If I remember right there were folk saying they wouldn't renew if they had to sit in the Shankly so the club aren't going to rock the boat. Like Woodstein says it's probably a case of wait until the new stadium comes and then fix the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

I think you may need to get your right ear checked out :)  

Never mind the police....the BC-based fans won't allow it. When we get our shiny new stadium, the club will hopefully organise the allocation of the stands to suit. 

Why would the police refuse it? They let it happen across the road. How long do you think it’s going to take to build stadium, if it ever gets built? If we continue to get the type of results we have been getting, for the next 3 or 4 years, they’re better not bothering.

As I said it might not make a difference in terms of results, but it would definitely improve the atmosphere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bp33 said:

So your saying folk, would rather watch us getting beat every week, than have the minor inconvenience of maybe wearing a hat, or sunglasses. Also were I sit in the Main Stand you sometimes get the sun in your eyes. It would only be an issue perhaps 2 or 3 games a season. Also can’t remember a  goalkeeper ever wearing a cap at that end.

You can guarantee that we'll get beat every week then ???? I'd happily wear a frock and a wig to the game if you could guarantee it would meant we won every game. :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I don't think anyone would say they'd rather get beat but some simply won't consider swapping ends. If I remember right there were folk saying they wouldn't renew if they had to sit in the Shankly so the club aren't going to rock the boat. Like Woodstein says it's probably a case of wait until the new stadium comes and then fix the problem.

So your saying that to these folk, where they sit is more important, than potential improved results, and definitely improved atmosphere?

For all we know, these folk may not be going now.

The dabs accepted getting moved from there traditional end, so why can’t we?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chomp my root said:

You can guarantee that we'll get beat every week then ???? I'd happily wear a frock and a wig to the game if you could guarantee it would meant we won every game. :lol:

 

Can’t guarantee anything. All I know is, 2 or 3 home wins, a season is phucking depressing. It was only a suggestion, sorry for trying to be pro active.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bp33 said:

So your saying that to these folk, where they sit is more important, than potential improved results, and definitely improved atmosphere?

For all we know, these folk may not be going now.

The dabs accepted getting moved from there traditional end, so why can’t we?

I don't know about the dabs but I can't see DFC upsetting a vocal minority of loyal season ticket holders over this issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bp33 said:

So your saying that to these folk, where they sit is more important, than potential improved results, and definitely improved atmosphere?

For all we know, these folk may not be going now.

The dabs accepted getting moved from there traditional end, so why can’t we?

Nobody is saying it's more important than results yet that's a couple times now you have asked that.  

Is it not for safety reasons as well? As in the away fans atm leave the shankly and their buses are down that end whereas if they changed stands you could have a few thousand supporters on each side passing each other in the street. Potential trouble?? 

FWIW I hate sitting in the Bobby Cox stand. There is absolutely no atmosphere at all in it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
×
×
  • Create New...