Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Bobby123

Team Selection

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Absolutely rediculous tonight.

O Dea not played for weeks-put him in against a buoyed up Rangers crazy.

Non tacklers in midfield-P McGowan and Jesse Curran.

Not seen enough of Robson but surely not the game for his debut.

No Miller?

Cammy would have helped out in wide midfield instead of Curran

Hadenius not great but can tackle and wins his headers.

I took rangers at -3 when I saw the team-hope I lose but I don't think I will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby123 said:

Absolutely rediculous tonight.

O Dea not played for weeks-put him in against a buoyed up Rangers crazy.

Non tacklers in midfield-P McGowan and Jesse Curran.

Not seen enough of Robson but surely not the game for his debut.

No Miller?

Cammy would have helped out in wide midfield instead of Curran

Hadenius not great but can tackle and wins his headers.

I took rangers at -3 when I saw the team-hope I lose but I don't think I will.

And no strikers again. Agree with all above. Curran has little to offer and even more so at Ibrox. Sullivan looked decent v Hibs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need some steel in the team and learn how to foul in the right areas of the park. It's not what I want to see but we have to play smart or we're down. Hamilton, 17 fouls, 1 booking. Us, 7 fouls, 2 bookings. Midfield weak as pi$h. We complained about Vincent and Ross but we're no better off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

take our last two games, more or less same team selections, formations and tatcis, and we gave away early goals.

we were starting to do well but we change formation and team selection due to nelson being injured 

why such a drastic change when the manager could have just slotted Miller in for nelson ?

its crazy changes like this which will see us go down.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Attilio said:

Love to know what the thinking was re not starting Miller tonight. Baffled.

I don't get why we had to switch three players around putting most of them out of position, when we could have put Miller in place for Nelson.

There was no need to move Wright into a forward position and Dales on the left with Curran on the right. I feel that Wright does more damage on the wing and Dales is a more natural right winger than Curran (Who happens to come back and defend).

I felt that JM got it wrong against Hibs, and failed to learn from that lesson and did the same again tonight.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheDarkBlues said:

I don't get why we had to switch three players around putting most of them out of position, when we could have put Miller in place for Nelson.

There was no need to move Wright into a forward position and Dales on the left with Curran on the right. I feel that Wright does more damage on the wing and Dales is a more natural right winger than Curran (Who happens to come back and defend).

I felt that JM got it wrong against Hibs, and failed to learn from that lesson and did the same again tonight.

I agree with all of that and it seems so obvious I can't fathom what JM was trying to do. If it was to keep it tight early then his plan was ducked after 10 minutes so he would have been as well bringing Miller on after 15 minutes or half time at the latest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Attilio said:

I agree with all of that and it seems so obvious I can't fathom what JM was trying to do. If it was to keep it tight early then his plan was ducked after 10 minutes so he would have been as well bringing Miller on after 15 minutes or half time at the latest.

I have no idea why he felt the need to totally change everything around, but I hope that he has reverts these changes back again when we play Hearts next.

I just felt that we as a team had just started turning a corner and starting to gel, then Nelson gets injured and it's like JM has had a panic attack and tinkered too much with everything.

At times I feel that we are making it too easy for the other teams with our own formations and tactics, rather than continuing on with what has been working and making changes only when required. Like Miller on for Nelson with an unchanged team and formation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seams to me by the comments above that as fans we are all of the same opinion about the selection and what it should be ..

Whats worrying is that our manager cant seem to see what we are seeing ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bobby123 said:

Absolutely rediculous tonight.

O Dea not played for weeks-put him in against a buoyed up Rangers crazy.

Non tacklers in midfield-P McGowan and Jesse Curran.

Not seen enough of Robson but surely not the game for his debut.

No Miller?

Cammy would have helped out in wide midfield instead of Curran

Hadenius not great but can tackle and wins his headers.

I took rangers at -3 when I saw the team-hope I lose but I don't think I will.

Not sure about Cammy for Curran but apart from that 100% spot on !

Edited by DBDU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DBDU said:

It seams to me by the comments above that as fans we are all of the same opinion about the selection and what it should be ..

Whats worrying is that our manager cant seem to see what we are seeing ! 

In his defence, he knows more of the facts than we do and there might be valid reasons why he went with the team he did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DBDU said:

It seams to me by the comments above that as fans we are all of the same opinion about the selection and what it should be ..

Whats worrying is that our manager cant seem to see what we are seeing ! 

Ahh, this takes me back................to August / September.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s seems our club is incapable of hiring a manager that can organise a team, especially defensively.

Jmac is already making daft mistakes that seem hard to fathom from a fans point of view, Gowser and J Curran, not nearly good enough.

Our players ran about a lot last night as they did under McCann and they rarely put in a tackle as they did under McCann.

I think our future depends on wether the loan players will keep on performing as they get nearer the end of their deals and the managers

ability improve our organisation.

We are in a very difficult place and it’s odds on we are only going to get a playoff spot against you know who.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DBDU said:

Not sure about Cammy for Curran but apart from that 100% spot on !

What does Curran actually do? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I don't get why we had to switch three players around putting most of them out of position, when we could have put Miller in place for Nelson.

There was no need to move Wright into a forward position and Dales on the left with Curran on the right. I feel that Wright does more damage on the wing and Dales is a more natural right winger than Curran (Who happens to come back and defend).

I felt that JM got it wrong against Hibs, and failed to learn from that lesson and did the same again tonight.

The bottom line is we were taken apart by a player whom our manager was in  a desperate hurry to get out the door. He was not his type of player. Last night we saw what we are missing. It was like a Rolls Royce against a bunch of cart-horses. Precision passing, always open to receive a pass, retaining possession and showing his defensive qualities in breaking up our attacks with ease. What a bargain we have given to Rangers. Gerrard and King are laughing all the way to the bank. Dodds, JM's partner said that he doubted if Kamara would have much of an impact at Ibrox because of his lack of defensive qualities. Like his partner he does not have an eye for quality. So much for Woods thanking the manager for his ruthless demolition of Mcann's squad. Kamara last night made him eat his words.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

The bottom line is we were taken apart by a player whom our manager was in  a desperate hurry to get out the door. He was not his type of player. Last night we saw what we are missing. It was like a Rolls Royce against a bunch of cart-horses. Precision passing, always open to receive a pass, retaining possession and showing his defensive qualities in breaking up our attacks with ease. What a bargain we have given to Rangers. Gerrard and King are laughing all the way to the bank. Dodds, JM's partner said that he doubted if Kamara would have much of an impact at Ibrox because of his lack of defensive qualities. Like his partner he does not have an eye for quality. So much for Woods thanking the manager for his ruthless demolition of Mcann's squad. Kamara last night made him eat his words.

Kamara was too big for Dfc, he maybe didn’t say it but he demonstrated it on the park because he knew he would always be in the starting line up, our failure was not selling him when we had the chance and capitalise on it, he will have to up his game with the Tax Dodgers or he will find himself on the other side of the door quite quickly. When you hear McCann he always get it around to his love child, what about the others he signed ?? “ One Trick Pony” we need to move on. 

Let’s remember the loss of revenue due to McCann’s relationship with Bain and others. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

The bottom line is we were taken apart by a player whom our manager was in  a desperate hurry to get out the door. He was not his type of player.

That wasn't the case at all. Most likely that Kamara had his head turned by his new agents to bigger and better things, and when he signed a pre-contract with Rangers he already had one foot out the door.

The most likely and real reason JM pushed to get Kamara to Rangers was probably two fold, free up wages to allow him to bring other players to the club and make some money in the process. I think you will find that it was probably Kamara pushing to get away from Dundee rather than the club wanting him to go. Kamara's head was gone and you could see that by his performances recently on the park.

What I saw last night was the Kamara when we signed him, probably because he was where he wanted to be and his head was on the game rather than the BIG move.

If a player wants out the door and has signalled that he no longer wants to be here, what is JM supposed to do? Hold him to his contract in the hope that he plays or let him go and bring someone else in who will play for the manager?

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

The bottom line is we were taken apart by a player whom our manager was in  a desperate hurry to get out the door. He was not his type of player. Last night we saw what we are missing. It was like a Rolls Royce against a bunch of cart-horses. Precision passing, always open to receive a pass, retaining possession and showing his defensive qualities in breaking up our attacks with ease. What a bargain we have given to Rangers. Gerrard and King are laughing all the way to the bank. Dodds, JM's partner said that he doubted if Kamara would have much of an impact at Ibrox because of his lack of defensive qualities. Like his partner he does not have an eye for quality. So much for Woods thanking the manager for his ruthless demolition of Mcann's squad. Kamara last night made him eat his words.

100% spot on !! 

I notice Gerrard talking pre match saying that Kamara had an issue with JMc which allowed them to get him early  and I would say it was down to the fact he simply isn't our new managers kind of player .

This nonsense about Kamara having downed tools is ridiculous and completely unfounded  .

His performances when JMc came in were very good right up until he was unbelievably dropped for the match at Aberdeen in favour of Lewis Spence so I want to know at what point prior to him being dropped did he " Down Tools " because in two of the three matched prior to that Aberdeen match he was MOTM  ? 

People looking to scapegoat the lad once it became clear he would be moving on by saying he wasn't performing anymore .

He bossed that match at Ibrox and was head and shoulders above anyone on the park and anyone who ever doubted his ability to make the grade at rangers including so called experts like Dodds Allan Preston & it would seem even our own manager have zero idea about what constitutes a fabulous footballer !

 

Edited by DBDU
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

That wasn't the case at all. Most likely that Kamara had his head turned by his new agents to bigger and better things, and when he signed a pre-contract with Rangers he already had one foot out the door.

The most likely and real reason JM pushed to get Kamara to Rangers was probably two fold, free up wages to allow him to bring other players to the club and make some money in the process. I think you will find that it was probably Kamara pushing to get away from Dundee rather than the club wanting him to go. Kamara's head was gone and you could see that by his performances recently on the park.

What I saw last night was the Kamara when we signed him, probably because he was where he wanted to be and his head was on the game rather than the BIG move.

If a player wants out the door and has signalled that he no longer wants to be here, what is JM supposed to do? Hold him to his contract in the hope that he plays or let him go and bring someone else in who will play for the manager?

 

It was reported yesterday that JM fell out with Kamara. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DBDU said:

100% spot on !! 

I notice Gerrard talking pre match saying that Kamara had an issue with JMc which allowed them to get him early  and I would say it was down to the fact he simply isn't our new managers kind of player .

This nonsense about Kamara having downed tools is ridiculous and completely unfounded  .

His performances when JMc came in were very good right up until he was unbelievably dropped for the match at Aberdeen in favour of Lewis Spence so I want to know at what point prior to him being dropped did he " Down Tools " because in two of the three matched prior to that Aberdeen match he was MOTM  ? 

People looking to scapegoat the lad once it became clear he would be moving on by saying he wasn't performing anymore .

He bossed that match at Ibrox and was head and shoulders above anyone on the park and anyone who ever doubted his ability to make the grade at rangers including so called experts like Dodds Allan Preston & it would seem even our own manager have zero idea about what constitutes a fabulous footballer !

 

This business about not caring anymore passed me by as well.  OK he wasn't at the high standard he was the season before but I still caught him sprinting across the field for 20/ 30 yards or so to put in saving challenges.  One was after our nippy right midfielder had been blown off the ball by a gust of wind and decided to say 'f**k that' to chasing the ball back.  Kamara was going to leave anyway regardless of who was manager so I don't particularly care if he and JM fell out or not tbh.  He came here to put in performances that would put him in the shop window, rather than fulfil a lifelong ambition and play for the famous Dundee FC.  Its business and its his life and career.  Gerrard recognised that he was a player and he will thrive in this league with better players around him.  I was certainly appreciative of his time at our club.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.