The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Rangers 4 - 0 Dundee (Away, 27th Feb 2019)

Rate this topic

Rangers easily overturn the Dark Blues and come out 4 - 0 winners.

Ex Dee Kamara opened the scoring in the first 4th minute and Tavernier made it two goals in the 8th minute. Morelos made it 3 in the 23 minute and Defoe made it 4 after coming off from the bench in the 89th minute.

Full-time: Rangers 4 - 0 Dundee

Your thoughts on tonight's game?

Worst thing about tonight was Hamilton beating Aberdeen that’s a sore one to take 😞

• Like 1

We are where we deserve to be. Full credit to Hamilton that wee sh!tey club. We wouldn't have achieved that. Not the managers  best  show.

• Like 1

the last 2 games we seem to have a 5 minute spell when we go to f**k tonight was the 4th and 8th min and Friday was the 63rd and 66th...effectively killing the game....can they not just stay switched f**cking on after conceding a goal....result wasn't that much of a surprise the accies one was a right kick in the gonads.

• Like 1

Killie took 5, Accies took 5.... no real surprise tonight.

Accies result just horrible 

• Like 2

Think we seem to have tried something new tonight and it didn't work. Still in this battle so we need to regroup and go again. 

1 minute ago, Valentke said:

Nice touch of perspective on the last two hours.

just a pity we couldn't have got out of there with a 0-0 2nd half it would have been a crumb of comfort.

Hamilton just won the toughest of their last six pre-split games. If we lose to Hearts and Celtic would could be resigned to a bottom two finish by the end of March.

1 minute ago, Valentke said:

Just because other teams take 5, doesn't mean that we should be happy taking 4 from them. If we are to survive this league then we should at least be showing signs of improvement over the park and tonight it took them just 4 minutes to score.

We were sleeping again straight from the start.

• Like 1

I will probably get slaughtered for his post but in my opinion relegation at the end of this season is probably the best thing that could happen to us as we have been flirting with relegation for the past two seasons.

This would give the manager the opportunity to have a big clear out of players, signing and keeping players who he thinks are capable of gaining promotion at the end of the 2019-20 season.

Ar least we might see our team winning a lot more home games at Dens next season.

Edited by Islaydarkblue
Typo
  • Confused 1
  • Wowzer 1
  • Funny 3

We got more or less what we were expecting tonight, regardless of which side we picked. Even with CC & the Admiral it would've been hard to see us winning. We went to Tynecastle and returned with an unlikely 3 points the other week so it's probably unrealistic not  to expect a streetwise Accies to pull unlikely results out of nowhere too.

The only consolations are that it was only 4 and that we haven't risked less than 100% fit players and then lost them long term. By the time we return to action we should have a couple of key men back and ready for another big push.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

I will probably get slaughtered for his post but in my opinion relegation at the end of this season is probably the best thing that could happened to us as  we have been flirting with relegation for the past two seasons.

This would give the manager the opportunity to have a big clear out of players and select players who he thinks are capable of gaining promotion at the end of the 2019-20 season.

Ar least we might see our team winning a lot more home games at Dens next season.

We’ve just announced losses of nearly half a million, and your saying relegation would be the best thing that could happen?I’ll have a half pint of what you’re on.

Edited by Bp33
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Just because other teams take 5, doesn't mean that we should be happy taking 4 from them. If we are to survive this league then we should at least be showing signs of improvement over the park and tonight it took them just 4 minutes to score.

We were sleeping again straight from the start.

“Happy”? Of course I’m not blxxdy happy.

but I’m not going OTT either and thinking tonight’s result suddenly means we are doomed. 

We have improved over the past handful of games but clearly need to improve further. 

• Like 3

Last six visits to Ibrox...

4-0
1-0
4-1
4-0
4-0
4-0

Great consistency from Dundee. Regardless of who we have as manager, regardless of what team we put out, we'll take four off Rangers at Ibrox.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

I will probably get slaughtered for his post but in my opinion relegation at the end of this season is probably the best thing that could happen to us as we have been flirting with relegation for the past two seasons.

This would give the manager the opportunity to have a big clear out of players, signing and keeping players who he thinks are capable of gaining promotion at the end of the 2019-20 season.

No, no no.

Please don’t come on here with that nonsense.

Did you not see the latest set of accounts?

• Star Post 2

As eluded in previous postings the real sickener was Hamilton’s win against Aberdeen although given Aberdeen’s poor home performances It wasn’t so much of a shock as was Rangers beating us.

4 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

I will probably get slaughtered for his post but in my opinion relegation at the end of this season is probably the best thing that could happened to us as  we have been flirting with relegation for the past two seasons.

This would give the manager the opportunity to have a big clear out of players and select players who he thinks are capable of gaining promotion at the end of the 2019-20 season.

Try definitely.

We don't own most of our team so a clear out is inevitable, relegation or not. 

Stupid post to be honest. Why the Fook would it be a good idea to be relegated then fight to be promoted.

Absolutely bonkers.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Oakley has made a huge difference to Accies, McAllister has made a huge difference to St Mirren, Nelson has made a huge difference to Dundee.

Naturally we've ended up with the guy who's rarely available to play.