Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Rangers 4 - 0 Dundee (Away, 27th Feb 2019)

TheDarkBlues

28 minutes ago, Charliedee said:

they did the same v Hamilton..blew them out the water the 1st 20-25 mins...get the game won then settle down....like I said earlier its a pity we conceded so late as 0-0 2nd half would heve given us something to build on.

I thought it was more a case of them taking the foot off the pedal in the second half than us upping our game.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The first half was embarrassing to say the least and could have been easily 5 or 6 (only a couple of last gasp challenges by first ODea then Ryan McGowan and some poor finishing stopped it being that). Second half was better and we created a few good chances of our own, Dales should have done better when played in (took to many touches), Miller should score when presented with the ball 8 yards out, Robson should score the rebound from the Miller miss and I actually thought we had a decent shout for a penalty when Ryan Mcgowan looked to be hauled down as the ball was crossed into the box. 

Got to say though, there is no way that Paul Mcgowan should be starting any of our games ahead of Andreas, he was shocking, bottled out of a couple of challenges, ran like he was in quick sand and offered absolutely nothing. Likewise Jesse Curren should not be starting games against teams who will dominate possession against us, he doesn’t track his midfielder or full back so inevitably leaves Horsefield with a two on one, he can’t or won’t tackle, is easily brushed of the ball and if he is being regarded as a better bet for a starting position over O Sullivan or Miller then I despair.

Felt sorry for Wright today, he only had scraps in the first half and put in a decent shift but had little to no support. Also as above I felt for Horsefield, tonight he will have realised how hard it’s been for Cammy in the first part of the season when playing right back with Curren picked to play in front of you.

Final thing, tonight did bring me the biggest laugh I’ve had at a game in a while, just before half time the tannoy announcer announced that in the home ends they were trialling safe smoking areas for half time. It’s a sporting game and there promoting smoking 😂 😂, couldn’t make it up 😂😂

Edited by Bjs

58 minutes ago, Bp33 said:

We’ve just announced losses of nearly half a million, and your saying relegation would be the best thing that could happen?I’ll have a half pint of what you’re on.

Fo the past three seasons including this one it has been a ‘backs to the wall’ operation to try to remain in the Premier League at the end of each season. We have had to watch some dreadful performances which has resulted in Dundee supporters stopping going to home games. 

Football fans want to see their team winning and playing exciting football not backs to the wall boring football

1 hour ago, Spiritof62 said:

No, no no.

Please don’t come on here with that nonsense.

Did you not see the latest set of accounts?

It is my opinion. If you disect the annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2018 you will read that if Jack Hendry had not been sold for a net figure of £530,000 plus two Betfred home games against the Dabs the loss would have probably been in excess of £1 Million. 

I stated in my original post that I would probably get ‘slaughtered’ for my post and that is one of the reasons why I have recently been a lot less active on this and other forums. 

• Sad 1

Kamara scoring the opener was another twist, delicious irony. A guy who never had a shot for us, never mind a goal... 

This is the definition of irony. Wanted to be sure I got it right and was spot on! I was amused, wryly. 

state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result. 

Edited by Blueboy

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Try definitely.

We don't own most of our team so a clear out is inevitable, relegation or not. 

Stupid post to be honest. Why the Fook would it be a good idea to be relegated then fight to be promoted.

Absolutely bonkers.

At least we would go home happy after seeing our team win home games at Dens which has been in short supply this season.

3 minutes ago, Blueboy said:

Kamara scoring the opener was another twist, delicious irony. A guy who never had a shot for us, never mind a goal... 

Was surprised that he refused to celebrate the goal. There was no Billy Dodds-style f**k you to the team that helped his career. Nice to see.

9 minutes ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

Hell will freeze over before I give any praise to that mob. 

Not praise but a recognition that they are far far better than us, they played very well and generally posses all over us.  Its over and done though and we move on to Hearts. This game is very winnable.

15 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Fo the past three seasons including this one it has been a ‘backs to the wall’ operation to try to remain in the Premier League at the end of each season. We have had to watch some dreadful performances which has resulted in Dundee supporters stopping going to home games. 

Football fans want to see their team winning and playing exciting football not backs to the wall boring football

Really? You do know that being in this league means more money from gates and television etc? I would rather be struggling in this league for another few years until we can get our act together. 

You also realise that there is a possibility that we won't just bounce right back up again after going down and a good chance we could spend another 3-4 years with worsening gates, lower quality players and even more debt than we have right now?

Hey, but we might or might not win a few more games though!

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

39 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Not many folk giving the opposition any credit for the result tonight.

They were running into space and receiving balls without being challenged. There was nothing sophisticated about what they did. We made them look good with our ball-watching. 

What frustrates me is St Johnstone players earn no more than our players but they're capable of doing the basics right and we're not.

Adblock Detected