The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Deeboy08

Davies

Rate this topic

We need him asap. Or Waddell back from Morton. At least Waddell will be match fit and robust palying in the Championship.

16 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

We need him asap. Or Waddell back from Morton. At least Waddell will be match fit and robust palying in the Championship.

We can't get Waddell back. 

A lot of hope being put in a boy that's slower than O'Dea - and just as rash. Have a feeling he's being built up to be the messiah and a lot of folk are going to be raging when they see what he's actually like.

• Star Post 1

58 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

A lot of hope being put in a boy that's slower than O'Dea - and just as rash. Have a feeling he's being built up to be the messiah and a lot of folk are going to be raging when they see what he's actually like.

It’s almost impossible for a defender to be slower than O’dea, he is now moving like he’s toeing a caravan. 

He’s got to be better. 

48 minutes ago, BigG said:

It’s almost impossible for a defender to be slower than O’dea, he is now moving like he’s toeing a caravan

He’s got to be better. 

Funny you should say that... I'm sure the Hartlepool fans had said the same thing about Davies before he left!

I do think Davies will improve our backline though and him and McGowan should hopefully work well together and be a commanding pair.

Obviously concern is gonna be how slow he may be. Up against a speedy forward and we will be screwed!

Still think he will be the leader we have been missing in the team.

I am not convinced a 34 year old playing non-league football will be an improvement on Kusanga especially afteran 8 week lay off.

We all know Kusanga has his faults but he is the best we have.

Davies hasn't played since Boxing Day. We might regret throwing him into the six-pointer against St Mirren.

3 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

No.... that NEVER happens, I find football fans very level headed and pragmatic, especially about their own team. :lol:

On the one in a million chance that Davies isn't the new Puyol I'll be shocked and calling JM's heid on a spike.

• Funny 1

Last season O'Dea helped lead Dundee out of trouble for the third season running as Davies was relegated with County.

O'Dea has played at the highest level for Celtic and Ireland. Davies hasn't reached those heights and he's a couple of years older.

I'm hopeful Davies can do a job for us but I find it odd that folk are assuming he'll be a clear upgrade on O'Dea.

3 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Agreed. Don’t understand why people are think we are in desperate need for him. He’s older than O’Dea and is lacking game time. I’m equally as uncertain as to why people think bringing Kerr Waddle back will steady things in defence? 

Edited by DFC1974

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Last season O'Dea helped lead Dundee out of trouble for the third season running as Davies was relegated with County.

O'Dea has played at the highest level for Celtic and Ireland. Davies hasn't reached those heights and he's a couple of years older.

I'm hopeful Davies can do a job for us but I find it odd that folk are assuming he'll be a clear upgrade on O'Dea.

These things aren't linear, I've no idea how good, bad or indifferent Davies will be but its not impossible that he's a better player than O'Dea in his mid thirties than they were in their respective mid twenties (if you follow me). At the moment we've got 3 CB's so no harm in having another I guess, its the expectations that WW was on about that are the issue really.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

Agreed. Don’t understand why people are think we are in desperate need for him. He’s older than O’Dea and is lacking game time. I’m equally as uncertain as to why people think bringing Kerr Waddle back will steady things in defence? 

These suggestions are because they are the only options we have. The defence is still poor and even the goalie is looking dodgy. He cannot hold a shot.

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

These suggestions are because they are the only options we have. The defence is still poor and even the goalie is looking dodgy. He cannot hold a shot.

Guys the fact that we are all looking for an option to O’dea And the General is enough to reflect both of these have caused us more grief than good through this season. O’dea would do a good job in the championship and I believe that teams are targeting the General because he  is prone to being caught on his heels 👠. A fresh face would do us no harm. We are needing a Centre Half organiser  who can head off trouble not necessarily an athlete. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cobra said:

If he's not, then that puts him behind both O'dea and Kusunga.

Pattullo's comments re Davies and 'typical' Dundee.

Replying to @alexmassie

Oh yes, very. But not as much as signing a player last week to save season then seeing him injured in a closed door game two days later and ruled out for 10 weeks...Sigh.

1 minute ago, Dondeh said:

Pattullo's comments re Davies and 'typical' Dundee.

Replying to @alexmassie

Oh yes, very. But not as much as signing a player last week to save season then seeing him injured in a closed door game two days later and ruled out for 10 weeks...Sigh.

I don't think we need anybody to tell us that sort of thing is 'typical Dundee'.