Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thoughts On Dundee's Cammy Kerr?

Gedee

Cammy Kerr has shared his thoughts on his future in a short article in the Online Courier today ...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/838520/cammy-kerr-determined-to-get

It seems by the summer he will be a free agent, but as he says he's determined to show he still has

something to offer DFC & will be fighting to get back his place. Sentiment it appears, for DFC Fans.

has no place in the world of football ... And I accept, just because a player is born in Dundee & is a

lifelong DFC fan/supporter, it disnae mean he is an automatic choice in the Dundee Football team.

I don't get to live games. But I,m not sure he is deserved of the bile he receives from some posters.

Anyway folks ...

Should he move on? Fight hard to get his place back? Or be considered for another position in team?

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I think he's a good player having a difficult season. Gary Irvine was ripped to shreds by fans when he was part of a badly-organised, struggling Dundee team. When the team was balanced and competitive Irvine became something of a cult hero.

The armband was a distraction Cammy didn't need and he has struggled at a club with a revolving door for managers, coaches and players but he deservedly won Player of the Year and I'm sure he'll come good again either at Dens or elsewhere.

A decent player who went backwards when given the burden of the captain's armband, and possibility changed instructions from the different managers. He will have a fight on his plate to regain his position and win a new contract but a lot may depend on which league we are playing in next season.

He has endless energy ... And I'd never dismiss in any player, an enthusiasm & love & loyalty, for the club he plays for.

He makes mistakes (noo that we dinnae see often  fae players that don the Dark Blue Jersey ) But he's still young enough

to listen, take guidance & further improve his game....As already said, the added responsibility however was a step too far.

Interesting point made by Cobra, re Gary Irvine. Don't think I ever really ripped into him like some. But he proved me wrong.

I know I still live in the past when it comes to team formations & player's roles.

But I always felt giving a player a clearly defined role/position made life easier.

And none more so than for a player who's playing defensive right/left back role.

It sounds to me (especially in some games with tough opposition) expecting a

player to be solid & sound in defence , yet have the speed & ability to flee up the

wing to set up an attack, can be a contradiction...That said Bobby Cox did it ;)

(And Alex Hamilton as weel):chaplin:

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

Cammy Kerr has shared his thoughts on his future in a short article in the Online Courier today ...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/838520/cammy-kerr-determined-to-get

It seems by the summer he will be a free agent, but as he says he's determined to show he still has

something to offer DFC & will be fighting to get back his place. Sentiment it appears, for DFC Fans.

has no place in the world of football ... And I accept, just because a player is born in Dundee & is a

lifelong DFC fan/supporter, it disnae mean he is an automatic choice in the Dundee Football team.

I don't get to live games. But I,m not sure he is deserved of the bile he receives from some posters.

Anyway folks ...

Should he move on? Fight hard to get his place back? Or be considered for another position in team?

Without any shadow of a doubt I would be looking to keep Cammy Kerr and extend his deal .

Since breaking in to the side he has had ups& downs but still has plenty time on his side and will still improve .

That aside on his day Kerr can be  a big asset to the side and certainly looking at the match at Ibrox midweek would maybe have put in  a better performance and offered more than Horsfield ! 

He's worth trying to keep at Dens, IMO. i think he has suffered from being part of a failed defensive set up and having him competing to get his place back is exactly what our club needs, in every position, were that possible. We have to stop leaking goals and I think Cammy can help with that process if there is a structure in place.

Edited by BCram

Still hingin' on to the belief that JM is the man to get us out of trouble ...

But I am now a bit concerned he may have a "fixation" that only the players

he has brought in himself are the ones to do it ... To the detriment of other

players, who may still have a great deal to offer in our fight for survival:chaplin:

He seems to like/appreciate players, who puts in the graft. CK does that :wub:

Cammy Kerr is an excellent defender. Not many 1v1 will get past him. The Rangers game at Dens is an eg of Cammy at his best. He does need to improve on his crossing but he'll know that. He is also very fast.,an asset in a wide position,something that Horsefield lacks. Horsefield is the better user of the ball but as an ex winger myself I would have preferred playing against Horsefield than Cammy.  I'm hopeful that he stays on. There are far worse players at Dens than Cammy Kerr.

4 minutes ago, petercaproni said:

Cammy Kerr is an excellent defender. Not many 1v1 will get past him. The Rangers game at Dens is an eg of Cammy at his best. He does need to improve on his crossing but he'll know that. He is also very fast.,an asset in a wide position,something that Horsefield lacks. Horsefield is the better user of the ball but as an ex winger myself I would have preferred playing against Horsefield than Cammy.  I'm hopeful that he stays on. There are far worse players at Dens than Cammy Kerr.

Another good positive post Peter ... (fae someone who kens an awe):chaplin:

I agree about his crossing off the ball, but you'll agree, he's no the only one.

And "Oor Pal" (& it seems Jim's pal) Woods is no great crosser, or dead ball

expert ... whitever we heard aboot him. I think all DFC players would benefit

from more training time on throw-ins, deadballs, crossing, corners, & possibly

penalties as weel. Are we no' due a penalty soon?...No negativity here on CK?

Surprised there as not been any negative posts He definitely has his critics.

37 minutes ago, petercaproni said:

Seems to be varied opinion with most wanting him to stay. I reckon he's as good as most in this league but he does have several critics on here who want him gone asap. It must be a dream for a right back having Jesse or Deacon playing ahead of you, not to mention a bunch of dud centre half's alongside. What no one can deny is he has pace and energy, something that Woods and Gowser do not. I do not believe be wouldn't do better in midfield than either of those 2. Noticeable against Hibs, Gowser just cannot track back. I hope he stays but JM obviously doesn't rate him, so he'll be gone in the summer.  Good enough for the last 3 managers  but time to move on.

Adblocker Detected