The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Campbell's Ghost

Dee Experience V Arab Experience

Rate this topic

Below is a quote from a Dee who went to Tannadice yesterday with an Arab mate. Any serious comments anyone?

“..Dundee are a smaller club in all regards: petty, pretentious and cold...from the guy who sells you the tickets through the whole Dens (19/18thC) experience. The flags, songs, enthusiam is all there at Utd. and lacking at Dee.”

10 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Below is a quote from a Dee who went to Tannadice yesterday with an Arab mate. Any serious comments anyone?

“..Dundee are a smaller club in all regards: petty, pretentious and cold...from the guy who sells you the tickets through the whole Dens (19/18thC) experience. The flags, songs, enthusiam is all there at Utd. and lacking at Dee.”

Must be getting even aulder & slower ...

Am I right in thinking the quote "Dundee are a smaller....."  was by the "Arab Mannie" & NOT the Dee?

If I want to be subjected to sh**e 80's music, daft banners bought from Home Bargains (usually spelt wrong) and unsightly luminous clothing I'll go to one of my mother in laws Barbecues not Dens.

Don't get me wrong, a better atmosphere at Dens would be wonderful but we have won 7 home games, if that, in 2 seasons so it is hardly surprising there not loads of enthusiasm at Dens at the moment. Over the road there is hardly a great deal more enthusiasm, yesterday was for show. If you are taken in by all that and are over the age of 10 you should have a word with yourself. Or speak to my mother in law shes great with bright colours and banners😄(she lovely woman to be fair and a Dee lol).

• Like 2

United mean nothing to me and they are a small-minded club. They've had some great teams over the years yet look where they are now. VG couldn't have been a more appropriate sponsor (hope I'm right there). Bunch of toerags.

Dundee FC, on the other hand, oozes history and class, although admittedly we haven't got it right on and off the park for ages now.

42 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

The guy seriously needs to have a word with himself.

"in all regards" ??

Has this guy had the full works?

1. Bad pint in hospo?;

2. Short changed at the turnstile?;

3. Nae meat in a Lindleys pie?;

4. Wife shagged by a Dee player?;

5. Not given an autograph as a wee laddie?;

FFS! What a head shaker of a statement!😯

He has lived in the USA for 20 years and his expectations need managed a fair bit. And in a way not contributed financially for most of that time! Responses so far are what I expected.

37 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Must be getting even aulder & slower ...

Am I right in thinking the quote "Dundee are a smaller....."  was by the "Arab Mannie" & NOT the Dee?

Nope. By the Dee.

23 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

He has lived in the USA for 20 years and his expectations need managed a fair bit. And in a way not contributed financially for most of that time! Responses so far are what I expected.

It's not his expectations that need managed - it's his access to sharp items that should be managed IMO!

Taking a snapshot now, we are probably neck and neck in terms of being the bigger club - whatever that means.  But, if I take the long terms perspective, I feel we can say we are a bigger club than them.

Who gives a f**k anyway, is there a prize for being the best club in Dundee? 

• Funny 2

38 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Nope. By the Dee.

Guy's obviously having psychological problems, bit like having a sex change.

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Tell him if he likes all that over hyped, dayglo, flag waving American sh**e to go and support United. I doubt he'd be missed all that much by us if that's what he's into.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Tell him if he likes all that over hyped, dayglo, flag waving American sh**e to go and support United. I doubt he'd be missed all that much by us if that's what he's into.

He is a Arab already, PB! 

Edit - I read the OP again - my mistake as he's a Dee.  

Edited by HK Blues

37 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Nope. By the Dee.

You say he spent 20 years in the States Billy...

Think I'm gonna hae anither walk aroond this Large Secure Unit they keep me in :wacko:

(It's for temporarily Broken-doon Auld DFC fans. That occasionally lose the plot) :)

There is an off-ward section that houses one patient that's beyond redemption:chaplin:

Seriously, it's awe aboot timing & history And I'm auld enough tae ken better DFC :wub:

11 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

He Is in favour of a one club city.

The dabs have just been bought over, won six games since January and last night were dreaming of a return to Hampden. I'd expect there to be a bit of enthusiasm last night. Shame the guy wasn't at the 5-0 Ayr or the 6-1 Falkirk. Maybe he could stick around to see what how they react to their next play-off failure.

Dundee have won 4 of our last 23 home league games so naturally the atmosphere has suffered. It's been pretty grim but does any Dee wish they were draped in dayglo and crossing the road to watch the likes of Alloa at the sticklebrick. I doubt it.

As for America I'm not convinced they can lecture us on how to generate atmosphere.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Now we know he's at the wind up!

4 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I therefore propose euthanasia, I feel it would be the kindest thing for him.

• Funny 1

Maybe I'm a bit thick but I'm a bit confused by this thread. Is the quote from the Dee who went to the Dump or by his Arab mate. If it was from his Arab mate then it is the sort of thing you would expect from one of them. If it was the Dee who said that then he needs to take a serious look at himself imo.

Just now, Cobra said:

The dabs have just been bought over, won six games since January and last night were dreaming of a return to Hampden. I'd expect there to be a bit of enthusiasm last night. Shame the guy wasn't at the 5-0 Ayr or the 6-1 Falkirk. Maybe he could stick around to see what how they react to their next play-off failure.

Dundee have won 4 of our last 23 home league games so naturally the atmosphere has suffered. It's been pretty grim but does any Dee wish they were draped in dayglo and crossing the road to watch the likes of Alloa at the sticklebrick. I doubt it.

As for America I'm not convinced they can lecture us on how to generate atmosphere.

I've been to a couple of games there - both in Portand, Oregon.  Dire quality with OK atmosphere from one section  of the ground only.  That said, the highlight is when the Timbers score a guy with a chainsaw goes around the stadium chopping a tree log - I can only imagine that happening over here.  

1 minute ago, troodee1893 said:

Maybe I'm a bit thick but I'm a bit confused by this thread. Is the quote from the Dee who went to the Dump or by his Arab mate. If it was from his Arab mate then it is the sort of thing you would expect from one of them. If it was the Dee who said that then he needs to take a serious look at himself imo.

The quote was from the Dee.