The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Algarve Cup: Scotland Women V Iceland Woman

Rate this topic

Watched some of the game, and highlights, a good 4-1 win over a team now ranked just 2 places below Scotland (20th), after being higher-ranked till this year. Scotland have definitely improved a fair bit, they defend well, put together some good moves, and some of their goals are well-worked.

With improved performances against top-5 countries like USA & Canada (both 1-0 defeats), they're heading in the right direction, in preparing for the World Cup this summer.

29 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Watched some of the game, and highlights, a good 4-1 win over a team now ranked just 2 places below Scotland (20th), after being higher-ranked till this year. Scotland have definitely improved a fair bit, they defend well, put together some good moves, and some of their goals are well-worked.

With improved performances against top-5 countries like USA & Canada (both 1-0 defeats), they're heading in the right direction, in preparing for the World Cup this summer.

Good For Them ... So Big Well Done:chaplin:

(Intended watching it & forgot all about it)

Got caught up making bread & ham soup.

In between, posted aboot 50 posts today.

Looks like these new pills are working :bouncy:

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

Shelley Kerr is definitely moving them in the right direction, but the last few friendlies have been yielded poor results due to her trying to find a balance in the team. I think she managed to get it right today and played well against a good side. The Scottish left winger can play and she was a thorn in the Icelandic side.

Watched USA against England the other day, the USA team is a shadow of the side which won the 2016 team.

Should be a good game between England and Scotland though

4 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Shelley Kerr is definitely moving them in the right direction, but the last few friendlies have been yielded poor results due to her trying to find a balance in the team. I think she managed to get it right today and played well against a good side.

I think, bearing in mind your point re Kerr trying out options in her squad, those two 0-1 defeats to the 1st & 4th ranked countries was a huge improvement, as they were both very close games....it was 5-0 & no contest last year, I think. They play Denmark next, who are ranked 13th, another good test.

29 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

I think, bearing in mind your point re Kerr trying out options in her squad, those two 0-1 defeats to the 1st & 4th ranked countries was a huge improvement, as they were both very close games....it was 5-0 & no contest last year, I think. They play Denmark next, who are ranked 13th, another good test.

She did say that she wanted to try different things out like formations etc, but narrowly getting beat from higher ranks teams does a suggest huge improvement.

One of my favourite women's national teams are playing tomorrow, Japan and England in the SheBelieves tournament. Should be a cracking game.

This is some goal from Megan Rapinoe!