Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Trouble In the Mill. Well Aberdeen Actually.

Seems that there was a bit of trouble in the Aberdeen - Rangers game on Sunday. The Rangers fans caused around £3,000 worth of damage by wrecking the seats.

Surely you would expect Rangers to foot the bill for the damager THEIR fans caused and not expect Aberdeen to foot the bill?

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/1691145/scottish-cup-clash-between-rangers-and-dons-fans-costing-club-near-3000/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
46 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

The whole 'nawty fans' thing is rearing its head again, hopefully the authorities are up for dealing with it, it can be embarrassing describing yourself as a football fan when people associate you with this cretinous behaviour. We're all tarred with the same brush unfortunately.

Rangers fans are starting to feel entitled and their lowbrows don't like it when they don't get their own way on the pitch.

They should be fining the club or the fans for that behaviour.

I remember last season the Celtic fans did the same at Dens...... mind you, our bogs were needing an upgrade anyway! 😋

24 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Rangers fans are starting to feel entitled and their lowbrows don't like it when they don't get their own way on the pitch.

They should be fining the club or the fans for that behaviour.

I remember last season the Celtic fans did the same at Dens...... mind you, our bogs were needing an upgrade anyway! 😋

Been discussed elsewhere on here but I strongly feel that hitting the clubs is the soft and ineffectual way to deal with it, the police need to step up and do their job. Whether that's with some of that new fangled technologies like cameras or refusing entry to the guttered folk or preferably both. Other sports seem to manage it, its the culture of accepting shitty behaviour that's the problem here.

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

Been discussed elsewhere on here but I strongly feel that hitting the clubs is the soft and ineffectual way to deal with it, the police need to step up and do their job. Whether that's with some of that new fangled technologies like cameras or refusing entry to the guttered folk or preferably both. Other sports seem to manage it, its the culture of accepting shitty behaviour that's the problem here.

As we have spoken about before, still think it should be a case that if the supporters of clubs cannot behave themselves then their games should be behind closed doors.

Lets face it, there is no way that the SPFL or SFA will want to upset their cash cows in the Scottish league. Until these organisations start growing a pair of ball or a spine, nothing will change!

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

As we have spoken about before, still think it should be a case that if the supporters of clubs cannot behave themselves then their games should be behind closed doors.

Lets face it, there is no way that the SPFL or SFA will want to upset their cash cows in the Scottish league. Until these organisations start growing a pair of ball or a spine, nothing will change!

Yup, definitely a conversation to be continued in The Barrels, I don't disagree although if the governing bodies aren't going to step up, the police need to be knocking chunks off the home support to make it more police-able. We've seen Celtic fans flying Palistinian flags knowing that the club will get a fine for it but doing it anyway, make the individuals accountable for their actions. That requires the police to step up, assuming the Scottish government are serious about it..

14 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Yup, definitely a conversation to be continued in The Barrels, I don't disagree although if the governing bodies aren't going to step up, the police need to be knocking chunks off the home support to make it more police-able. We've seen Celtic fans flying Palistinian flags knowing that the club will get a fine for it but doing it anyway, make the individuals accountable for their actions. That requires the police to step up, assuming the Scottish government are serious about it..

The Scottish Government isn't the ones who need to start creating new laws (As you have said), there are already laws in place right now.  It is the bodies who run Scottish Football and the Police who need to change and enforce these laws at games if anything that needs to be done.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

That requires the police to step up, assuming the Scottish government are serious about it..

The Scottish government had a law in place but the other parties all voted it out. Obviously not serious about trying to help solve part of the problem.

19 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

The Scottish government had a law in place but the other parties all voted it out. Obviously not serious about trying to help solve part of the problem.

I heard there were cries of "Hello, Hello..." and "Hail, Hail..." from the back of the Holyrood opposition seats when that vote count was read out....

5 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Seems that there was a bit of trouble in the Aberdeen - Rangers game on Sunday. The Rangers fans caused around £3,000 worth of damage by wrecking the seats.

Surely you would expect Rangers to foot the bill for the damager THEIR fans caused and not expect Aberdeen to foot the bill?

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/1691145/scottish-cup-clash-between-rangers-and-dons-fans-costing-club-near-3000/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Aberdeen have invoiced Rangers for the seat damage, and Hibs have invoiced Celtic for their broken seats (no mention of a charge for decontaminating the usual sh*t-covered seats though).

That, though, is the easy bit. I was told by a 'local' that after the Killie v Celtic match, loads of cars in surrounding streets were damaged, and the visitors were lobbing handfuls of horsesh*t at the mounted police & at houses/cars. No-one ever gets to invoice the visiting clubs for that kind of damage, they just lose their insurance no-claims discount.

8 hours ago, Double Blue said:

There was no need to have a law treating football fans differently to the rest of society, we're part of society and there are laws already in place to deal with anti social behaviour/hate crime. It requires the will to deal with it though and at the moment there seems an unwillingness by the police to deal with the issues at football. I understand why to an extent (and sympathise with them) but football will continue as it is unless there's a culture change and those that go to matches to behave in an anti social way aren't going to want to change things themselves. 

I can see a blanket ban on away fans coming in (or if we're 'lucky' only official registered supporters), it won't matter that Motherwell V Dundee isn't a contentious game with no trouble, they're not likely to just single out away supports that do on a regular basis cause trouble, you know, seeing as how we don't want to discriminate, we'll all end up getting punished.

The home end ??? Personally if the anti social behaviour continues I'd like to see the police knock 10% (for example) off the home capacity if they feel they can't police the stands, if it continues another 10%... while it will hit the clubs (maybe not initially if its ST's that are in the 10% they'll not be happy campers) it will hit the fans.

Its tragic that this crap is rearing its head again, or at least becoming more of an issue in the media but I have no problem with attempts to remove it from football.

Adblock Detected