Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Darian MacKinnon Complaining About Dundee Fans Again!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, harry94 said:

I know I'm going to be alone in this but on reflection, I personally think he didn't mean to hurt Henvey. It would have been a really really stupid tackle to make in that area and cost them the game.

The conditions were horrific with the wind and rain so I could see how someone could do something like that - I remember Ben Hutchinson for us trying to put pressure on the Dunfermline 'keeper in similar weather and then shattering the guys leg in multiple places. The fact that he come off pretty badly himself too suggests that he made a challenge which he then lost control of. It should have been a sending off as it was very reckless but I don't think that always means that someone has actually meant to hurt.

He's obviously got the history and he's a bit of a nutter but I don't really think that sort of thing fits his previous style either. He's certainly combative seems more like he has wee tantrums and gets into trouble for handbags more than anything else.

1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I agree with your assessment about the weather and it was probably an accident, but his injury was caused by a reckless challenge on Henvey who was put out the game for the rest of the season.

If he doesn't understand why the Dundee fans were furious with him, then maybe he needs a reality check. I'm saddened that he got the abuse he did and was out injured, but he will not get an ounce of sympathy from me while he is putting out those bleeding heart stories.

I doubt for one second he thought he would try and break Henvey's leg but the long and the short of it is that he damaged himself committing a horrible foul. No point greeting about it afterwards, in the polarised world of football fans, it just comes across as whiny. It will be the digital equivalent of chip wrappers tomorrow though.

I was at the game . Don’t remember anything in particular about his treatment from our support but do remember his horrific challenge . Also remember aj s winner and general bedlam. Manager checked him . Did canning or McKinnon check Matty Henvey? . Dry yer eyes mckinnon. Hopefully be in the championship next season with yer pish team

probably got the roid rage,that's what will be scattering the toys,and making the neanderthal run about so much,oh and he was maybe adopted or such like.Just an opinion on his erratic behaviour,anyways the village needs you back.

7 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

What the BBC forgot to mention is that he got hurt trying to end the career of 18 year old Henvey during a sickening tackle.

No they never. Second paragraph  

MacKinnon had clattered Dundee's goal-scorer Matt Henvey with a thumping tackle that would end the teenage striker's season and injured himself in the process, enraging the away fans. While he was off receiving treatment, Dundee scored a stoppage-time winner.

5 minutes ago, dblair said:

No they never. Second paragraph  

MacKinnon had clattered Dundee's goal-scorer Matt Henvey with a thumping tackle that would end the teenage striker's season and injured himself in the process, enraging the away fans. While he was off receiving treatment, Dundee scored a stoppage-time winner.

They have changed it mate, didnt say that when I read it this morning.

Said something like , ended Henveys match, and didnt mention our winner

Edited by deesforever1893

Second time in a few weeks BBC have peddled this story, though at least they've now mentioned the incident that was at the root of the Dundee fans giving him deserved stick.

The scary bit in that article, though, is the thought of a production line of MacKinnon/Imrie clones.....

He and Dougie Imrie - another Hamilton stalwart - coach the club's under-16s and are working to mould the next James McArthur, Lewis Ferguson, Greg Docherty or Eamonn Brophy.

"I can see myself in quite a few of them. You think to yourself, if they weren't playing football, they could be in a bit of bother. Those are the ones you try and help," MacKinnon says.

"It's a good thing because I've been there. You can tell them, 'listen, that's the path there, or do you want to go down the path to where I am now?'."

What a bizarre article for the BBC to go with. Is it a slow news day or just on trend with the recent highlighting of every little incident that happens at a football game in an attempt to show football fans in a bad light?

Of all the players to try and play the poor me sympathy card you've got to laugh that it's him. A player/thug who showed no regard for Henvey's career complains about the same incident.

I did find it amusing that he claims to not be the person he is perceived to be on the pitch. The next line of the article then goes on to list his previous off field thuggish behaviour. Obviously people deserve second chances (him included) but don't try to claim to the press that you're an angel and it's Dundee fans that are the thugs. Most Dundee fans haven't done a 4 stretch for assault!

Adblock Detected