The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Easily Forgotten Dundee Players

Rate this topic

Craig Burley. Who else?

Image result for craig burley dundee

Clicked on this topic anticipating seeing a list of around half the last 3 seasons players ;)  

I think, Cobra, you've set us older fans a remarkably difficult task....we know there were plenty of them, but as with PB..... :chin:

i like to forget that Mark Kerr signed for Dundee

• Star Post 1

13 minutes ago, CC33 said:

i like to forget that Mark Kerr signed for Dundee

Ditto  Billy  Kirkwood and John Holt.

A former Scotland international whose Dundee career consisted of 45 minutes in Falkirk...

Image result for Stephen Hughes dundee

• Like 1

Bob Malcolm 😮 he made Bil Wilbernick look in shape

• Funny 2

2 minutes ago, CC33 said:

Bob Malcolm 😮 he made Bil Wilbernick look in shape

I remember a game we had on Alba where he rugby tackled someone off the ball as Queen of the South were on the attack. One of my favourite ever Dundee moments, I doubt the footage will ever be found again though :(

8 minutes ago, Cobra said:

A former Scotland international whose Dundee career consisted of 45 minutes in Falkirk...

Image result for Stephen Hughes dundee

Seeing as how you've baggsied Hughes, I'll toss in Don Cowan.

• Like 1

I remember we signed Motherwell's young player of the year Adam Cummins on loan. Bomber couldn't have been impressed. We only saw him a couple of times.

Image result for adam cummins dundee

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I remember we signed Motherwell's young player of the year Adam Cummins on loan. Bomber couldn't have been impressed. We only saw him a couple of times.

Image result for adam cummins dundee

Don't think we conceded a goal with him on the park. Legend.

A few from our 'trialists' period but I'll play nicely and go one at a time, Tom Brighton, think he got his 3 games for us.

I noticed the website had a feature on striker Andy Barrowman recently.

9 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

A few from our 'trialists' period but I'll play nicely and go one at a time, Tom Brighton, think he got his 3 games for us.

South African goalkeeper Chad Harpur. A bit before that but played away in a 1-0 defeat at Hamilton, Ludo and Reidford injured, and then got a contract for Killie where he only got one appearance in a 4-2 defeat to Gretna. His career history is very odd when you go through it, a few biggish clubs but very few appearances at any level.

Interesting fact as well,Dundee were given a suspended fine for naming Danny Griffin as the substitute 'keeper but bringing him on to play outfield in the same game at Hamilton.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, harry94 said:

South African goalkeeper Chad Harpur. A bit before that but played away in a 1-0 defeat at Hamilton, Ludo and Reidford injured, and then got a contract for Killie where he only got one appearance in a 4-2 defeat to Gretna. His career history is very odd when you go through it, a few biggish clubs but very few appearances at any level.

Interesting fact as well,Dundee were given a suspended fine for naming Danny Griffin as the substitute 'keeper but bringing him on to play outfield in the same game at Hamilton.

I remember seeing Chad Harpur being mentioned as a Dundee player reasonably recently and being a bit shocked, it was only a name I was familiar with from Football Manager and had no idea he'd been with us (I was a way quite a lot of the year at the time and rarely made games). Thanks for the info that subby goalies are categorised differently to outfield players, I'm not sure why that should be the case, if you've made your 3 subs and your goalie goes off then there's no problem with an outfield player going in goal so surely the manager should be able to deploy his subs bench as he sees fit, if he wants to put his big subbie goalie on as an auxiliary  striker in injury time then that should be up to him. Apologies for going off topic.

Oh, Netan Sensara for forgotten Dee's.

• Like 1

SBJ. What a player.

Image result for sean bonnett johnson dundee

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Dondeh said:

Ditto  Billy  Kirkwood and John Holt.

Holt was apparently a Dee when he was a kid. 😳 certainly not the worst to wear the dark blue.