Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Gedee

Any Personal School-days, Work-days & Beyond Memories of Life In & Around Dundee To Share?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

In starting the Topic on Gerry Follon as a Teacher, I got the impression it was sparking off memories in some others, of their own childhood memories.

This kind of topic has been done before. But each of us have old and new memories of days gone by that usually interest others. If you are willing to share :)

You dinnae hae to be an Aulder Git like myself (Born 1942) ...

Everyone has old memories, guid & bad, they might enjoy sharing ... And as eh can be a Nosey Auld mannie (when the mood taks me, eh want tae hear them)

Thinking away back on my old school-days at the Joey's (Wilkies Lane , off the Hawkhill) & even at 3yrs old. time at at Polepark Nursery (Bottom o' City Road)

I have clearer and more vivid memories of what might be called my formative years. At this stage o' the topic though, I don't want to make it all about me at all.

But it is so strange to think of all the changes that've taken place. In environment, in life & work opportunities & experiences. And in Grand City of Dundee:chaplin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to remember that we had a similar topic on this vein when we posted on Mad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

I seem to remember that we had a similar topic on this vein when we posted on Mad. 

I'm quite sure we did ... However that's the one positive characteristic aboot getting auld & dottled:chaplin:

It's either a case o' forgetting whit we already said. Or we run oot o' things to say. So we start all over again.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gedee said:

I'm quite sure we did ... However that's the one positive characteristic aboot getting auld & dottled:chaplin:

It's either a case o' forgetting whit we already said. Or we run oot o' things to say. So we start all over again.

I'm finding (with my mum) that the weather can be an endless discussion, even when you can't leave the house. :(

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm finding (with my mum) that the weather can be an endless discussion, even when you can't leave the house. 

I think chomp .... Your mum & me would get on just grand.

Although we are a bit house-bound, it might just be possible .... (Weather permitting of course) ;)

Would your mum be embarrassed discussing benefits of thermal underwear vs today's briefs:chaplin:

(Dinnae want nae "dirty talk" fae yir mum mind. Eh've got meh hard-won reputation to live up to) :angel:

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gedee said:

I think chomp .... Your mum & me would get on just grand.

Although we are a bit house-bound, it might just be possible .... (Weather permitting of course) ;)

Would your mum be embarrassed discussing benefits of thermal underwear vs today's briefs:chaplin:

(Dinnae want nae "dirty talk" fae yir mum mind. Eh've got meh hard-won reputation to live up to) :angel:

 

The no "dirty talk" rule would probably be a deal breaker, she's some girl.

 

  • Funny 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

The no "dirty talk" rule would probably be a deal breaker, she's some girl.

 

It must be some time since I watched that chomp ... And help meh boab, it's got funnier by the passing of time

And I'd be fibbing if eh didnae admit tae finding the "ongoing dirty-talk" & flashing bloomers an irresistible turn-on :excited:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

I'm finding (with my mum) that the weather can be an endless discussion, even when you can't leave the house. 

I had a golfing friend on Islay who used to say do not bother looking at the weather forecast just stick your head out of the window in the morning to see what the weather is like. 

Sadly my friend died from Parkinson’s almost five years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.