The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Sandeman

Worst Season Ever?

Rate this topic

no quite, it's bloody awful having to watch that week in week out.

should mcintyre still be in charge at the end of the season, im no sure he should be.

total clear out required

might well be our worse season ever....but that aint down to the man currently sitting in the managers chair.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sandeman said:

no quite, it's bloody awful having to watch that week in week out.

should mcintyre still be in charge at the end of the season, im no sure he should be.

total clear out required

Can we trust Nelms to bring in a good enough manager to keep us in The Championship never mind the The Premiership next season though?

I'm going to say no we can't - root out the real cause of our situation for me.

Edited by Prince Buster
  • Like 1

I put a fair share of blame at Nelms door. The buck stops at the top. Recruitment of managers and players on the whole has been awful since Hemmings and Stewart left. Player/ manager relationships have been poor and comms from the club has not helped. We hired a Comms guy but it appears that is technical comms not customer comms.....the really important ones.

• Like 2

We now have the worst home league record in Britain after today. Pretty grim when you consider we also lost twice at home to lower league opposition.

Worst season ever though is surely 2005/06 under Kerno. We won six league games between Duffy leaving in August and the end of the season. Three of the six were against Brechin and one was against Stranraer. Desperate times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I put a fair share of blame at Nelms door. The buck stops at the top. Recruitment of managers and players on the whole has been awful since Hemmings and Stewart left. Player/ manager relationships have been poor and comms from the club has not helped. We hired a Comms guy but it appears that is technical comms not customer comms.....the really important ones.

What really worries me is, how many customers would be willing to return to Dens next season after we have been relegated??? Nelms pricing structure at Dens, for yet another season has been another disaster, supporters paying stupid money, to watch a so called football team, that's record at home the last THREE seasons, has been turning Customers away, in their Droves, yet this Buffoon, receives, one on the largest yearly salaries in the City of Dundee. Let's hope Tim Keyes, doesn't throw the towel in, because, Nelms is totally out of his depth, he hasn't a clue how to run a Football Club.

• Funny 1

Kearno season a "low point" but this season  is shaping up to beat it!!!  A BOD more interested in out of town "developments" than the football club,falling crowds,an awful product on the park etc etc etc.

Ive been gutted over the years since the 75 relegation but this season has been The Pits!

• Star Post 1

14 hours ago, Sandeman said:

Should never have been in charge. Lose the next three, he shouldn't even get the split. 

58 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Should never have been in charge. Lose the next three, he shouldn't even get the split. 

Personally I think that's harsh. McIntyre inherited the worst (Premiership) squad of players I have seen at Dundee in my 28 years supporting them.

While I understand he was backed in January, the winter window is notoriously difficult for bringing in one or two good players - let alone a whole new team! 

I think we need to stick with him till end of season, pray we can scrap ourselves to safety (possibly via the play offs) and then rip it up and start again for next season. 

A lot of the squad are on loan so we'll be in a position for yet another rebuild, I think he deserves the chance to be the man to do that.

• Like 7

I wouldn't be too pleased giving yet more money to a chequebook manager to build yet another squad.

in the end though, it's  not my call. 

I think I was one of the ones who warmly welcomed JM when he came along.

Partly,  because I liked his uncomplicated, straight-forward approach, as well as

his general all-round experience. Now sadly there are doubts starting to creep in.

Hopefully these doubts are unfounded I'm certainly sh*t at picking managers :chin:

3 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Who would you bring in?

1 hour ago, bp33 said:

Who would you bring in?

The best available from those who showed an interest and were interviewed for the position. 

Or Billy Dodds.

27 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

The best available from those who showed an interest and were interviewed for the position. 

Or Billy Dodds.

Interviews?

Dodds it is then...

3 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I wouldn't be too pleased giving yet more money to a chequebook manager to build yet another squad.

in the end though, it's  not my call. 

It's entirely accurate to call McIntyre a chequebook manager. However, so were McCann and Hartley. In terms of recruitment 'strategy'. there's basically no difference between the three of them.

Rip it up every window and start again. 

1 hour ago, bp33 said:

Who would you bring in?

Di Canio - would lift the players and fans , did a great job at Swindon

Said it before , i`ll say it again JM should not be at Dens next season regardless of how we end up

I would say the last  two seasons are as bad as I can remember and are up alongside the Kernaghan debacle. I can't help but worry that we will be the side with the least  bottle of the three. Our central  defence personnel have gifted goals all season and we can't score.  If Nelson was fit I believe we would get better results but he isn't and is naff all use if he isn't on the park. Same with Davies' injury. The breaks don't go for the team getting relegated. I don't think we are the worst team in the league but we are the weakest. I would  say McCann bears the brunt of the blame, but he was a terrible appointment and John Nelms would rightly be charged with  being asleep at the wheel for leaving it still long. 

• Star Post 1

If McCann was still in charge we would have been hopelessly adrift by now. In our own hands, half the battle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PolarBear said:

If McCann was still in charge we would have been hopelessly adrift by now. In our own hands, half the battle.

We won seven games last season between November and March. This season we've won three. I'm not convinced McCann would have done any worse. NM made some very poor summer signings but he knew the non-league gamble had failed and tried to rectify that as best he could on deadline day. I'm sure he would made lots of changes himself in January and who knows how things would have panned out.

I do wonder what the board are thinking now. McIntyre has a win percentage of 14% in the league and McCann was sacked with a win percentage of 27%. JM is going to need a strong finish to the season to stay in a job.

• Like 1

Nelms said when he appointed JM that he was the only person considered for the post and that 8th place was the target... What he never said was what if we are relegated? Nelms doesn't have any plan for relegation and that is the real problem for our club we are clueless at the top level.... If I were Keyes I would be very concerned with my investment at the moment 

• Star Post 1

13 minutes ago, Cobra said:

We won seven games last season between November and March. This season we've won three. I'm not convinced McCann would have done any worse. NM made some very poor summer signings but he knew the non-league gamble had failed and tried to rectify that as best he could on deadline day. I'm sure he would made lots of changes himself in January and who knows how things would have panned out.

I do wonder what the board are thinking now. McIntyre has a win percentage of 14% in the league and McCann was sacked with a win percentage of 27%. JM is going to need a strong finish to the season to stay in a job.

So let’s get this right here......you seen Mccanns team and you’re not convinced we would’ve been worse off than we are now? You would’ve gave him another window? 

Maybe its me......