The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Dundee V Celtic

Rate this topic

Dundee v Celtic  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting on Sunday?

2. 2. Who should be in the starting XI if available?

3. 3. How will Dundee's season end?

• Tenth place
    • Success in the play-offs
    • Failure in the play-offs
    • Bottom

The Dee host the champions at Dens in Sunday's live TV game looking for a first positive result in this fixture since a hard-fought 0-0 draw in 2016.

Thoughts?

They are just too good for us in all departments but a freak result could happen. Not many involving Celtic for years tho.

Lennon's comments suggest it might be a good time to face them: "Some of the players are running on fumes. The squad’s decimated with injuries."

I get the feeling Celtic will just want to get to the international break and then regroup for the Old Firm game at the end of the month. If we don't make any silly mistakes at the back there could be a point in this for us.

we'll huff and puff fall behind then celtic will just knock the ball about then kill the game with a 2nd early in the 2nd half then knock the ball about controlling the game...we'll then score a late goal to lose 2-1 they get 3 points we don't take a f**cking hiding abody moves on.

2 or 3 zip to the 'tic to leave us not having to lick too many wounds. 

St mirren managed to get a 0-0  At home against Celtic so there is hope but I don't see it with our defence.  I can see us not scoring mind you.

8 hours ago, Cobra said:

If we don't make any silly mistakes at the back there could be a point in this for us.

That's hilarious Cobra, well done.

If we keep it below six it'll be a result.

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Prince, surely you have to concede we have at least a 5-10% chance of taking something from the game? If we can draw with Rangers despite being down to 10 men, achieving the same result against a weakened Celtic has to be a possibility.

Fail to find the back of the net 3rd game on the bounce 😧 

45 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Fail to find the back of the net 3rd game on the bounce 😧 

Aye, the shame of not scoring against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts! ;)

Just seen the highlights of Hearts game, so unlucky not to score. Miller's header goes in 9 times out of 10, he's celebrating a goal. In fact if you keep watching it, I'm sure it will go in.

Then he is robbed of one, two at a push, against Hibs. Kenny's time is nigh, mark my words. He will be our oldest goalscorer!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blueboy said:

Just seen the highlights of Hearts game, so unlucky not to score. Miller's header goes in 9 times out of 10, he's celebrating a goal. In fact if you keep watching it, I'm sure it will go in.

Then he is robbed of one, two at a push, against Hibs. Kenny's time is nigh, mark my words. He will be our oldest goalscorer!

He's been so unlucky against Hibs and Hearts.

Played well against them both too after a dip in form.

Hopefully it continues and he can help fire us to safety.

Re the Celtic game. Playing for a 1-0 defeat at best being honest which is a sad reality.

Looking for a respectable performance and a narrow score line.

Wonder what odds KM is to score v Celtic? Should be pretty good. 

I was visualising 0-1 last night, willing it to happen, near the end, and I'll do the same with Kenny scoring on Sunday. It will work!

Time for watching the game from behind the settee with no finger nails and tufts of hair on the carpet and this is as we are beating Celtic and this is in my dreams 🤔😲🤭 !!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cobra said:

Prince, surely you have to concede we have at least a 5-10% chance of taking something from the game? If we can draw with Rangers despite being down to 10 men, achieving the same result against a weakened Celtic has to be a possibility.

Of course we have a 5% to 10% chance of getting something Cobra. Statistically you can argue there's that probability that any strange occurrence may come about.

Unfortunately though it also means that there is a 90% to 95% probability we'll get nothing.

Damage limitation for this one and hope that our neighbours St J help us out. 

43 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

We will get beat 1-0 and Scott bain will save a penalty 

We will win 1-0 with Scott Bain giving away a penalty in the 89th minute. 😈 That's what I dreamt last night but i woke up to face reality.

2 hours ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

We will get beat 1-0 and Scott bain will save a penalty 

Now you’re being silly Beto😤 

12 hours ago, HK Blues said:

2 or 3 zip to the 'tic to leave us not having to lick too many wounds. 

f**k the tic, as you call them. I call them scummy bigoted IRA sympathisers, who’s own boys club was riddled with peodophiles. 

And before you ask, I have no leanings towards the other one of the 2 bigot brothers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

I'm not so sure that Celtic will come away with a huge win on Sunday. The way they have been playing recently and the fact that they now have Lennon as manager, I think the game will be a lot tighter or not a hammering as we are probably expecting.

Hey I will take another 5-1 win this weekend ;)

5 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

Damage limitation for this one and hope that our neighbours St J help us out. 

I think right now, we need those around us to keep getting beat and hope that when it comes time to play Hamilton and St Mirren we come away with three points.

St Mirren and Hamilton play each other on the last game before the split, so hopefully a draw between these two would do us a big favour.

But we need to take our destiny by our own hands and start winning games, because we can only rely on these two getting beat for so long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I'm not so sure that Celtic will come away with a huge win on Sunday. The way they have been playing recently and the fact that they now have Lennon as manager, I think the game will be a lot tighter or not a hammering as we are probably expecting.

Hey I will take another 5-1 win this weekend ;)

Bring back Peter Mackie. Or any of our existing players that might take a one off game the like of which he has never produced before and never will again - a Peter Mackie performance as we now know it.

I missed that game because I was laid up with measles all week and my mum said I wasn't getting to go - typical of my luck really.

• Like 2