Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee V Celtic

Cobra

Dundee v Celtic  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting on Sunday?

2. 2. Who should be in the starting XI if available?

3. 3. How will Dundee's season end?

• Tenth place
    • Success in the play-offs
    • Failure in the play-offs
    • Bottom

16 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I totally understand where you're coming from on the all or nothing thing, if its something you emote with then it can be a big 'hit' for it to change. I'm hopeful that the club have a rethink about the 'windows', all of them, just call it 340 quid and be done with it, us fans will still be gambling that its a bargain and most of us have bought ST's for the clubs sake rather than our own. 

From a personal perspective I've prioritised football (even games like tomorrow which I think we'll take a scudding) over other things and I'm open to my new found flexibility, I've definitely had a 'switch flicked' in my bonce. I won't be all or nothing and if I take in half the home games it will let me do a few more away games and guilt free because of the crappy 'window'.

I actually think that if they'd just gone for a straight £340 from day one until the start of the season, then we'd be quite encouraged and calling it a decent bit of PR for the club. As it is now, it just looks (well, it doesn't look, it is) out of touch.

I know that his part about letting McIntyre plan and build for the future is meant to be his rallying call, but with a lot of folk still undecided at best about the manager's appointment, the whole thing is a massive missed opportunity and just a little needless.

A lot of us are questioning how we can decide what good value is when we don't even know what division we'll be in, but the same goes for the manager. How can he plan for next season when he doesn't know what division we'll be in, therefore, what his budget will be and (in theory, but it wouldn't seem to be this way) whether he'll be the man in charge?

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
13 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I actually think that if they'd just gone for a straight £340 from day one until the start of the season, then we'd be quite encouraged and calling it a decent bit of PR for the club. As it is now, it just looks (well, it doesn't look, it is) out of touch.

I know that his part about letting McIntyre plan and build for the future is meant to be his rallying call, but with a lot of folk still undecided at best about the manager's appointment, the whole thing is a massive missed opportunity and just a little needless.

A lot of us are questioning how we can decide what good value is when we don't even know what division we'll be in, but the same goes for the manager. How can he plan for next season when he doesn't know what division we'll be in, therefore, what his budget will be and (in theory, but it wouldn't seem to be this way) whether he'll be the man in charge?

That's how I'd have seen it, especially with the large 'league variable'. I had no qualms about paying the £340 last year on the 'league lottery', at the risk of repeating myself, its the mad dash to get us to pay it in the next two weeks. Yes I could, I'd have to pull some of it out my a**e but its doable but not at the whim of FPS backed by a pretty hefty investment company. I'd grudge it if it was still fan run but it might be more palatable. I appreciate that Keyes Investment want us to stump up and pay our share, I've been happy to under their tenure, season tickets, shirts, half time draws, blah blah blah...personally I think they've massively misjudged this one, its about perception as much as anything. We'll see what we get (or they get) next season on the ST's, maybe just a lot of hot air by fans in the short term.

• Star Post 1

2 hours ago, thegen65 said:

Not looking forward to tomorrow at all, 12 30 kick off time on a Sunday i absolutely detest.   Lets just hope we  can put in a respectable performance to give us hope for the huge task ahead in the coming games.

I think even a lot of season ticket holders will give tomorrow a miss ,i am fully expecting a low turout in the home ends,while the 4,200 away fans  will be in party mode with it being St Patricks day.

It will be interesting to  see if Police Scotland will be  more robust in dealing with any sectarian sing/chanting  smoke bombs flares etc incidents  that may occur ,given all the recent media attention and outcry over recent incidents in the past few weeks........i will not hold my breath, i suspect it will be sweep sweep nothing to see here...move on.

I will probably go, but not looking forward to the whole IRA tribute band. As usual Police Scotland, will do f**k all.

17 minutes ago, bp33 said:

I will probably go, but not looking forward to the whole IRA tribute band. As usual Police Scotland, will do f**k all.

The police know the score. Racism, xenophobia, anti-semitism, homophobia and sexism are unacceptable but sectarianism is fine.

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

The police know the score. Racism, xenophobia, anti-semitism, homophobia and sexism are unacceptable but sectarianism is fine.

There’s a guy behind me, in the Main Stand, who’s guilty of 2 of these things. Attends every week.

2 hours ago, dfcman said:

This afternoon in fact-at Twickenham.Amazing.

That was truly incredible stuff. 

Nobody gave McIntyre a chance in 2016 when his team in dark blue faced the mighty Celtic but they produced a comprehensive win against the odds.

Same again on Sunday would be nice.

Image result for ross county 3-1 celticImage result for ross county 3-1 celtic

Image result for ross county 3-1 celtic

7 hours ago, Cobra said:

I'm not exactly happy with how the police do their thing at the football but I don't think they treat the sectarian aspect any different to the rest. When you have a stand all chanting its hard to single out individuals, I accept that but they could be doing more.

I think to have any chance of avoiding the drop we need to win this one as I have zero confidence (if we finish 11th) in any play off regardless of opposition.  Celtic need to have a mare and we need to play out of our skins, although that's unlikely you never know in football, what do I expect - sadly the usual defeat I'm afraid as we've all come to expect, but you never know.

8 minutes ago, Campbell said:

I think to have any chance of avoiding the drop we need to win this one as I have zero confidence (if we finish 11th) in any play off regardless of opposition.  Celtic need to have a mare and we need to play out of our skins, although that's unlikely you never know in football, what do I expect - sadly the usual defeat I'm afraid as we've all come to expect, but you never know.

You know we've still got another 8 games after this one aye ???

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chomp my root said:

We'll be there tomorrow, these games are a 'duty' rather than a pleasure generally but we go. Now that I'm expecting not to renew for next year I'm feeling slightly liberated, I don't HAVE to go to these 'duty' games, it'll be a weekend I can get up the hills.

10.30 on the morning of a game and the decision is confirmed for me. Off up to The Sidlaws for a couple of hours with the dogs, won't make the game as I have something enjoyable to do. I'll record it and watch the Celtic goals later.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected