The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Prince Buster

Had To Laugh

Rate this topic

Got a Tweet saying Dundee are extending the deal with ProVenue that promises (among other things)

'ProVenue® offers intuitive ticketing and marketing processes that will not only support improved ease of use for fans, but also provide extensive data capture to help the club analyse trends to enhance fan engagement.'

Enhance fan engagement? When has FPS ever been interested in fan engagement?

• Like 1

“At Dundee, we are dedicated to enhancing the experience for our fans and ticketing is central to this,” says Neil.

Pi55 take surely?

It's an odd article, seems to imply we'll all be able to use smartphones etc to buy match tickets & 'interact' with stadium access systems, eg with a scanner reading the ticket on our phones & letting us through the gate.

This is what I'm anticipating would be installed in the Noo Campy, but I can't see the Club spending money on modern upgrades to the old turnstiles at Dens.

....but will it end the need to 'queue twice'? ;)  

[for the record, in case someone takes this literally.... :stop:...I'm joking]

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

“At Dundee, we are dedicated to enhancing the experience for our fans and ticketing is central to this,” says Neil.

Pi55 take surely?

Reading the article "Neil" is Neil Cosgrove. Can't say I've had any problems when dealing with the ticket office, sometimes a pain ringing in but that's hardly their fault. 

• Star Post 1

Perhaps they are planning to bring back PATG in all the Stands with robots to take in the money in exchange for a ticket.

58 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Reading the article "Neil" is Neil Cosgrove. Can't say I've had any problems when dealing with the ticket office, sometimes a pain ringing in but that's hardly their fault. 

Neil's fine. It's the whole irony of a club that simply doesn't engage with fans coming out with nonsense like that. Shoulda taken Neil's name off it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Got a Tweet saying Dundee are extending the deal with ProVenue that promises (among other things)

'ProVenue® offers intuitive ticketing and marketing processes that will not only support improved ease of use for fans, but also provide extensive data capture to help the club analyse trends to enhance fan engagement.'

Enhance fan engagement? When has FPS ever been interested in fan engagement?

We aren’t extending a contract with ProVenue  but rather tickets.com. ProVenue® Seems to be a new system/application that the club will incorporate and start to use as of next season. 

Have to say this is a big step forward for the club, and hopefully will help make ticket purchase much easier and far more up to date. I would imagine, (if it happens) that electronic ticket entry would be part of the new stadium plans

2 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

😂 new stadium 😂

18 minutes ago, dblair said:

I would imagine, (if it happens)

🙄

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dblair said:

We aren’t extending a contract with ProVenue  but rather tickets.com. ProVenue® Seems to be a new system/application that the club will incorporate and start to use as of next season. 

Have to say this is a big step forward for the club, and hopefully will help make ticket purchase much easier and far more up to date. I would imagine, (if it happens) that electronic ticket entry would be part of the new stadium plans

How I saw it too, I'm guessing we're on the gashest arrangement/system and we're upgrading to a better one with the same company. Like you I'm hoping for a swipe system at the Campy Nou although like nearly every new infrastructure in the UK it might take longer than we'd hoped.

Read the article and came across to me as quite a lot of waffle. Not really saying much other than hinting that it is better.

Anyone know what this will actually mean practically for fans buying tickets? The big thing the club has to do to modernise is introduce e-tickets where you can buy them on your phone and scan at the turnstile.

do visiting fans have patg facilities for the Bob Shankly and  when required the main stand?

Edited by BCram
predictive text and fat finger syndrome.

35 minutes ago, BCram said:

do visiting fans have patg facilities for the Bob Shankly and  when required the main stand?

As far as I am aware there are not normally PATG for Away supporters in the Bob Shankly Stand which in my opinion is crazy. 

You would think that FPS would want as many people as possible attend home games at Dens not try to drive them away by only having PATG in the Main Stand. 

The only times this season that that sections A, B and C of the Main Stand are required for Away supporters is when Rangers and Celtic are playing at Dens and these games are ‘all ticket’

In my opinion there is no point in John Nelms ‘bleating’ at the end of last season wanting 1,000 extra season ticket holders for the 2018 -19 season when the directors are putting obstacles in the way by refusing to have PATG turnstiles at all four stands including the South Enclosure.

Will someone in authority at Dundee Football Club please explain either through the press or on this forum why the club will not have PATG in all four stands at Dens Park including the South Enclosure. What is the problem. 

46 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

As far as I am aware there are not normally PATG for Away supporters in the Bob Shankly Stand which in my opinion is crazy. 

You would think that FPS would want as many people as possible attend home games at Dens not try to drive them away by only having PATG in the Main Stand. 

The only times this season that that sections A, B and C of the Main Stand are required for Away supporters is when Rangers and Celtic are playing at Dens and these games are ‘all ticket’

In my opinion there is no point in John Nelms ‘bleating’ at the end of last season wanting 1,000 extra season ticket holders for the 2018 -19 season when the directors are putting obstacles in the way by refusing to have PATG turnstiles at all four stands including the South Enclosure.

Will someone in authority at Dundee Football Club please explain either through the press or on this forum why the club will not have PATG in all four stands at Dens Park including the South Enclosure. What is the problem. 

As far as I am aware there is normally PATG for away fans. There certainly was when we played Hibs a few weeks ago. I do not believe that having to buy a ticket is genuinely putting fans off as any time I have had to go in the shop to get a ticket (ticket for a friend or forgotten my season ticket) it has taken a maximum of 5 minute queue. If you had PATG for all stand you could easily end up with having to wait just as long as that to get through the turnstiles with more fans queuing to pay in and wait for change.

We are also not the only club to do this and some clubs such as Hearts/Hibs/Celtic/Rangers/Livi/St Mirren have no PATG as such not even for away fans and for Celtic and Rangers you cannot even buy an away ticket at the ground which is far from ideal for out of town fans.

I believe the reason for the no PATG is something to do with a reduced capacity for stands if they have PATG.

31 minutes ago, GordonDarkBlue said:

As far as I am aware there is normally PATG for away fans. There certainly was when we played Hibs a few weeks ago. I do not believe that having to buy a ticket is genuinely putting fans off as any time I have had to go in the shop to get a ticket (ticket for a friend or forgotten my season ticket) it has taken a maximum of 5 minute queue. If you had PATG for all stand you could easily end up with having to wait just as long as that to get through the turnstiles with more fans queuing to pay in and wait for change.

We are also not the only club to do this and some clubs such as Hearts/Hibs/Celtic/Rangers/Livi/St Mirren have no PATG as such not even for away fans and for Celtic and Rangers you cannot even buy an away ticket at the ground which is far from ideal for out of town fans.

I believe the reason for the no PATG is something to do with a reduced capacity for stands if they have PATG.

Hi GordonDarkBlue.

Thank you for your information. 

There was certainly no information on the club Facebook page about a PATG for Away fans in the Bob Shankly Stand for Hearts supporters last Saturday despite the Away Stand being just over a third full. 

I have never had to queue for as long as five minutes to PATG at the Main Stand turnstile. It normally takes a couple of minutes at the most to queue at the Main Stand PATG to gain admission to the Main Stand. There is no need to fiddle about paying by credit or debit card as it is cash only. 

There are two well known sayings ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ and ‘Two wrongs does not make a right’.

Football is a small part of the ever competitive entertainment industry and gone are the days when going to support their local senior football team at every home game was the norm. That stopped with the introduction of the five day week. 

Had a quick look on their website and noticed that Chelsea use this ticketing system along with Bristol rovers, Glasgow rocks basketball and many other companies. 

23 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi GordonDarkBlue.

Thank you for your information. 

There was certainly no information on the club Facebook page about a PATG for Away fans in the Bob Shankly Stand for Hearts supporters last Saturday despite the Away Stand being just over a third full. 

I have never had to queue for as long as five minutes to PATG at the Main Stand turnstile. It normally takes a couple of minutes at the most to queue at the Main Stand PATG to gain admission to the Main Stand. There is no need to fiddle about paying by credit or debit card as it is cash only. 

There are two well known sayings ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ and ‘Two wrongs does not make a right’.

Football is a small part of the ever competitive entertainment industry and gone are the days when going to support their local senior football team at every home game was the norm. That stopped with the introduction of the five day week. 

I do not know if there was a PATG for Hearts fans but I know they have a points system for tickets so it might be possible they always have no PATG for their away fans.There has certainly been other PATG away fans at Dens but it would more likely be the away team who would announce this rather then Dundee. Generally away teams will be given or ask for a certain amount of tickets to sell in advance and then it will be decided a few days before the game if a PATG will be possible. This happens at most grounds in the top flight though some grounds have a ticket booth next to the away end instead of have a cash gate.

The reason you tend to only have to wait a few minutes at most is generally down to very few people using the PATG as most will have picked up there tickets. I do not know the the figures so just talking hypothetically here but for example in the Derry if you had PATG option you could have 4/500 fans turning up at the last minute trying to pay in and all potentially needing cash which would cause lengthy queues. With the current ticket system I suspect a fair percentage of that number would pick tickets in advance or pick them up throughout the day on match day leaving only a smaller number buying last minute in the shop.

The way society is going with fewer and fewer cash transactions I cannot see football returning to regular PATG. What I do believe is needed is use of electronic tickets which can be printed at home or loaded onto your phone. Another option that I think Hibs have with their season tickets where they have a membership cards which they scan at the gates to get in. They are also able to buy cup games online and have them loaded onto the card.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GordonDarkBlue said:

I do not know if there was a PATG for Hearts fans but I know they have a points system for tickets so it might be possible they always have no PATG for their away fans.There has certainly been other PATG away fans at Dens but it would more likely be the away team who would announce this rather then Dundee. Generally away teams will be given or ask for a certain amount of tickets to sell in advance and then it will be decided a few days before the game if a PATG will be possible. This happens at most grounds in the top flight though some grounds have a ticket booth next to the away end instead of have a cash gate.

The reason you tend to only have to wait a few minutes at most is generally down to very few people using the PATG as most will have picked up there tickets. I do not know the the figures so just talking hypothetically here but for example in the Derry if you had PATG option you could have 4/500 fans turning up at the last minute trying to pay in and all potentially needing cash which would cause lengthy queues. With the current ticket system I suspect a fair percentage of that number would pick tickets in advance or pick them up throughout the day on match day leaving only a smaller number buying last minute in the shop.

The way society is going with fewer and fewer cash transactions I cannot see football returning to regular PATG. What I do believe is needed is use of electronic tickets which can be printed at home or loaded onto your phone. Another option that I think Hibs have with their season tickets where they have a membership cards which they scan at the gates to get in. They are also able to buy cup games online and have them loaded onto the card.

Hi GordonDarkBlue,

Thank you for your post. 

In my opinion the way things are going at Dens this season there will be no need for a fancy ticket system at Dens or the new stadium as there will be few Dundee supporters attending the home games.

• Like 1