The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

On sale now, price freeze for a fortnight. 

Discuss. :lol:

4 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

On sale now, price freeze for a fortnight. 

Discuss. :lol:

Only benefits fans with money in there pockets...

Who on gods earth are advising these people?

• Star Post 3

Just had a nosey.

😂😂😂😂😂

When's the real prices and real early bird periods up?

Club's account has obviously been hacked.

• Like 1

This seems ill advised, I've got the super dooper early birds in the past but I'm not buying next years tickets in the next two weeks and this might be the year I start getting selective about the games I go to. 

• Like 3

I am actually stunned. The timing of this and the prices are mental.

If we were not in a massive fight to save yourselves from relegation I could understand the timing (less so the prices) but to release the season tickets while we are a point from bottom, 3 points from 10th and one win at Dens all season is madness.

As for the prices! Near 400 quid for a standard Premier League season ticket is a bit much but for a potentially Championship season ticket is taking the piss along with the Premium, Cat A & Cat B gate prices.

Two week price freeze though. Aye very good lads, cheers for that.

<<<<<< Seething

<<<<<< Head's Gone

• Like 1
  • Star Post 3

I've attempted three times to put a post together to summarise these prices and the early bird periods when we don't have a clue what division we're in until early to mid May I'd guess but I simply can' they're that mental.

I'm presuming there will be an entire new price list out for season tickets and pay at the gate if we're relegated or are we charging £24 to £30 in the Championship and £360 to £395 a season ticket in the Championship after April the 2nd?

We are about to lose a sh!t load of fans regardless of what division we're playing in next season now.

On the positive, under 12s prices are great as is the adult season ticket price for the next two weeks if you fancy taking a gamble on what division we're playing in next season.

Stunned.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

I've attempted three times to put a post together to summarise these prices and the early bird periods when we don't have a clue what division we're in until early to mid May I'd guess but I simply can' they're that mental.

I'm presuming there will be an entire new price list out for season tickets and pay at the gate if we're relegated or are we charging £24 to £30 in the Championship and £360 to £395 a season ticket in the Championship after April the 2nd?

We are about to lose a sh!t load of fans regardless of what division we're playing in next season now.

On the positive, under 12s prices are great as is the adult season ticket price for the next two weeks if you fancy taking a gamble on what division we're playing in next season.

Stunned.

Exactly the same. Trying to see the logic behind it, needless to say it no happenin'.

I normally get a season ticket every season regardless because I like punishment apparently but that is serious food for thought and without doubt it will put a lot of fans of even if we stay up never mind get bloody relegated! Stunned indeed.

• Like 1

Got to be a joke surely???? Surely the board aren't so intent on reducing our support even further? Complete 2 fingers to the fans.

Enough is enough as far as I am concerned. I miss 2 or 3 home games a season generally. If I didn't have a season ticket some of the midweek/old firm games I'd probably also miss. So I buy a season ticket to help the club rather than for the savings. But they are just taking the piss with those prices and even more so with the timing of this announcement/deadline for early bird.

The last 2/3 seasons I've been swithering whether it really is worth getting the season ticket. It is a big outlay for me but at the early bird prices I just about justified it to myself. If the club think I'm going to pay (or be able to pay) £340 in the next 2 weeks then they are on a different planet. Unfortunately that is me now done with the season ticket. I'll be picking and choosing games. Overall that will mean the club will receive less money than they normally would from me over the course of a season.

Edited by Edin_Dee
  • Like 5

After the last two seasons they should be paying the fans to watch what they have put on show.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Worth remembering there are only 36 games in the Championship so less home games will up the average price per game. 

While I'm not happy with 340 quid, I would have paid it, even with relegation looming, I'll be bolloxed if I'm going to pay an extra 20 quid though (2 adults).

• Like 1

If Nelms is behind this he should be sent packing. Good job we don't have a buffoon running Brexit. Oh wait.

Amazing. Given inflation is around 2% why not a freeze for all year? Jeezo, clubs seem to think a price freeze is a massive gesture.

Anyway I for one will be waiting to see which league we are in first, as may many others.

way too early too be pushing these.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edin_Dee said:

Got to be a joke surely???? Surely the board aren't so intent on reducing our support even further? Complete 2 fingers to the fans.

Enough is enough as far as I am concerned. I miss 2 or 3 home games a season generally. If I didn't have a season ticket some of the midweek/old firm games I'd probably also miss. So I buy a season ticket to help the club rather than for the savings. But they are just taking the piss with those prices and even more so with the timing of this announcement/deadline for early bird.

The last 2/3 seasons I've been swithering whether it really is worth getting the season ticket. It is a big outlay for me but at the early bird prices I just about justified it to myself. If the club think I'm going to pay (or be able to pay) £340 in the next 2 weeks then they are on a different planet. Unfortunately that is me now done with the season ticket. I'll be picking and choosing games. Overall that will mean the club will receive less money than they normally would from me over the course of a season.

Every season I buy my season ticket during the Early Bird "window". Will I be purchasing a new season ticket, for next season in the the next two weeks, not a f**cking chance.

We don't know what Division we will be playing in.

Watched the most horrible, boring, Phish football the last three seasons

Hardly ANY wins at home

Lastly, another Marketing disaster.

• Like 2

The fact that we are anything but ensured premier status will kill this. The home form has been diabolical and we could be relegated. The price has to come down if we are relegated as we play less games. I won't be snapping this 'great offer' up. The product has been terrible. This is a crazy idea.

• Like 1

I actually thought this thread was a wind up at first . What the f are the club thinking

First of all, everything seems very rushed. Why the rush to get them on sale so quick and why the rush with the two week 'price freeze'. A lot of people won't have been paid by then. It's just basic marketing/PR, which has been lacking at the club and has been for years and years. 

I shall be getting one, but not this quick the joe public like me need to plan for things like that. I've had a season ticket for decades, that won't change but my god don't take advantage of supporters and use them like cash cows because we are simply not.  

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

If the ST still has the free peh and cup of hot water then I'm in.  Not.

As a few others have said this is madness and as far as I can see, completely unnecessary.  I doubt the ST books have been printed yet so it may well be a case of give us your money now and pick up your book in May.  I miss a few games because of holidays and Sunday games so this is likely to be the straw that breaks the camels back for me and the two U18's.

• Like 2

The £345 is pretty much in line with the league average and what it was last season. 

Football is dear and that but it seems pretty pish to just not have that set as a flat rate. The board are obviously needing to raise money and it's an expensive business but having a headline figure of near £400 is going to be a massive deterrent and I doubt the club will make that back.

I think season tickets are a bit different to match day income and it maybe is possible to do a good deal and break even for it. £300 in either division would be hailed as good value and have a very good uptake IMO.

3 minutes ago, Attilio said:

As a few others have said this is madness and as far as I can see, completely unnecessary.  I doubt the ST books have been printed yet so it may well be a case of give us your money now and pick up your book in May.  I miss a few games because of holidays and Sunday games so this is likely to be the straw that breaks the camels back for me and the two U18's.

This is where I am. I don't miss many home games but I do miss the odd one here and there (got 2 stubs in my book this season) and my missus doesn't do the midweek games and I haven't grudged paying the money (while thinking it a bit high) in the past as its money going to the club. This is looking like my 'bridge too far', I would pay the 340 quid, admittedly through gritted teeth if we end up in the Championship but I'll not be railroaded into paying it in March. The last couple seasons I've quite enjoyed the weekends that either we've not been playing or its an away game I wasn't going to, its allowed me to do other stuff I'm into. By coincidence, last weekend I realised my mind was wandering instead of being focused on the game it was that bloody awful (DFC were the least awful but as a spectacle it was fecking awful). I don't want to be hasty but as it stands I doubt I'll get a ST this year and I'll cut down on my home games, I enjoy away games more anyway to be honest so I'll maybe be more selfish and do more of them than go to Dens. 

I'll not speculate on why the club have come out with this, that's their call, my call is whether or not to go with it and I'm finding it very easy not to. The one thing I can absolutely guarantee is that I will not be paying 395 quid a book in a last minute panic, a bawhair short of 800 quid, nah, I'm looking at the Gucci hill walking gear I can get with that.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Attilio said:

To be honest if I didn’t get season ticket, I would be unlikely to go to most games, due to sh*t atmosphere, and results. But I certainly won’t be getting one in the next 2 weeks. PR disaster. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, bp33 said:

To be honest if I didn’t get season ticket, I would be unlikely to go to most games, due to sh*t atmosphere, and results. But I certainly won’t be getting one in the next 2 weeks. PR disaster. 

Came to this conclusion earlier this season myself and time will tell if I end up breaking and getting the tickets.  Certainly will not be getting them before May if I do though.  This is the kind of stunt we used to laugh at other teams for pulling.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Gonna miss my 8th home game this weekend due to work commitments, I've not even looked further ahead yet. A ST for me is just a way of helping the club, unfortunately the time has came where I've got to prioritise and decide what's important and what's not. Paying for a ST for me is just throwing cash away, my young lass is bored shitless with the fayre on offer and my goddaughter is off to Uni. The missus still wants to go but I'm not buying the 5 tickets we normally buy in the next fortnight and I'm not paying the full prices. So that'll be 5 ST down next season. I'm gonna be out of a job, or in a lesser paid job, too so I'm just gonna call it quits as far as shelling out daft money goes. 

Could be a good reason why the club have made an announcement today but I wouldn't bet on it with our past history. I think (guessing) that Campy is dead in the water and that FPS are on their way out and are grabbing as much dosh as possible to either tidy up the books or to recoup some of their personal losses. 

• Like 7