Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Tickets

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
8 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi barkblue,

It has previously been stated on this forum and Dundee Mad on numerous occasions that communication between the club and the supporters has been very poor so we should not be surprised that the authors of this report did not receive the courtesy of a reply from John Nelms that he had received their report.

I know one person who emailed the club when the qualifying age for the OAP season ticket was increased from 60 to 65 years of age and they never received a reply let alone an explanation. 

I on the other hand at the beginning of September 2018 received a reply from Jim Thomson when I complained about the eyesore of the hoses lying on the Stairway to Heaven. It is a pity that it took a further six months to remove them. According to Harry Maclean who posts  on Dundee Mad it was only because he took photographs of the hoses and emailed them to Tim Keyes. 

It depends on how the report was worded I suppose. If the author(s) volunteered the information and without asking questions then there was no need, other than for courtesy reasons, for Nelms to reply. Again, if the OAP who emailed the club/Nelms only complained rather than asking specifically why the decision had been made to increase the age then there's no reason for a reply to be sent other than out of courtesy. 

I personally recieve around 25/30 emails per day ranging from ***FREE SEXY TIME*** to potential job opportunities. I don't feel the need to reply to them all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Densparker said:

Decision day. Do I buy now or wait to see what league we are in?

Depends on whether you'll still get along to games next season if we find ourselves in the Championship. It's unlikely that the club will decide to reduce the prices if we go down so it's gonna cost you even more if you're going to be a regular attendee regardless of the division.

There's not a cat's chance in hell that I'll be renewing. The early bird slot would've been when I'd purchase but it's just came along too early. I'm not paying the extra as I don't get value for money as it is. Shift work and a host of other things are taking up more of my time and money than they used to and an emotional tie is no longer enough to get me even semi interested nowadays. I'll get along when I can but it'll be on my terms rather than on the clubs. 

• Star Post 2

Just realised the deadline day for the first early bird period is today.

If we somehow stay up, the club have actually played a blinder in terms of revenue as would be surprised if more than a few hundred have renewed in this period so the overwhelming majority of our adult season ticket support will now need to buy at £360 or £370 as opposed to £340 which ends today.

Will take in more money if we sell over a certain amount as the average price spent on buying a season ticket will have risen on last season.

We might lose 500 to 1000 season ticket holders in the process but hey ho, we'll have made a few thousand extra quid.

If we go down, can a club our size survive on 1000 to 2000 season ticket holders because they certainly won't be flying off the shelves at post super early bird prices (deadline today) if we go down.

What a shambles.

• Star Post 1

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Depends on whether you'll still get along to games next season if we find ourselves in the Championship. It's unlikely that the club will decide to reduce the prices if we go down so it's gonna cost you even more if you're going to be a regular attendee regardless of the division.

There's not a cat's chance in hell that I'll be renewing. The early bird slot would've been when I'd purchase but it's just came along too early. I'm not paying the extra as I don't get value for money as it is. Shift work and a host of other things are taking up more of my time and money than they used to and an emotional tie is no longer enough to get me even semi interested nowadays. I'll get along when I can but it'll be on my terms rather than on the clubs. 

I'm the same, now that I've made the decision not to renew its quite liberating, the OF games will be easy games to miss and as you say, the football can fit in around me, not the other way round. 

1 minute ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Just realised the deadline day for the first early bird period is today.

If we somehow stay up, the club have actually played a blinder in terms of revenue as would be surprised if more than a few hundred have renewed in this period so the overwhelming majority of our adult season ticket support will now need to buy at £360 or £370 as opposed to £340 which ends today.

Will take in more money if we sell over a certain amount as the average price spent on buying a season ticket will have risen on last season.

We might lose 500 to 1000 season ticket holders in the process but hey ho, we'll have made a few thousand extra quid.

If we go down, can a club our size survive on 1000 to 2000 season ticket holders because they certainly won't be flying off the shelves at post super early bird prices (deadline today) if we go down.

What a shambles.

The short window is the reason why I've not renewed, I'll not be railroaded into it. I hope the club haven't mucked this up though and they get the numbers they're looking for.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, barkblue said:

Not sure if that's in response to me BC. However, if it is, what I initially described the comment as was 'cringeworthy'. I took the inference to be that the report was pointing out that we've sold good players (who all wanted to leave and it was therefore virtually impossible to keep) and they weren't replaced adequately. Accurate? Oh, yes, 100%. That's exactly what happened. 

Hartley got sacked because of it. McCann followed suit and got bumped for it too. So FPS know it already. I just found what could be construed as 'what you need to do is sign better players', to be like someone shouting at McIntyre during a game - "tell them to score more than the other team!" He know that, but he doesn't know how. What constructive result can come from the comment in the report?

No one has answered that.

As for the rest of your post, as I have stated over and over, I agree with your other points. Buying a ST is an act of faith, PATG options should be better with cheaper prices and a wider spread across the ground, encouraging young support is VITAL and the pricing structure in our current position is questionable at best. I have never questioned any of that and it is others who have introduced that side of things as though I have not agreed with those points, which I have.

Should FPS have acknowledged receipt of the report? Probably yes. However, considering relations are so poor between the two (IMHO more the fault of FPS than DFCSS) I'd have been more surprised if they did. 

I'll try to answer. The bit highlighted as you clearly say is your interpretation of what was written. I saw it as a statement of fact and therefore it wasn't really a cringeworthy comment for me. The answer is you have taken one view and I have taken a different view. I am not saying you are wrong, I am trying to say that different people are entitled to different views.

13 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Watch for extended early bird announcement today.....always happens. Its like cash gates. They never learn from their own marketing shambles.

It's got to - and I'll also predict the £370 and £395 periods are scrapped if we go down.

As to how that will work though with people who will have already bought them at £370 as that period starts May the 3rd when we still won't know what division we're playing in for another few weeks?

A total shambles.

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I personally recieve around 25/30 emails per day ranging from ***FREE SEXY TIME*** to potential job opportunities. I don't feel the need to reply to them all.

Rev, I'd like to apologise on behalf of ... Myself, Chomp & Admin John for the frequency of the emails as highlighted above.

All three of us did reach an agreement we would show some restraint in this area, but particularly, at this sad  time, all of us are

finding this very difficult. I appreciate you are a man of the world, however be especially careful on..."potential job opportunities"

Chomp & I were caught out when Admin John offered us a Staff Position on TDBF.  Interview process took us to dark places :ph34r:

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It depends on how the report was worded I suppose. If the author(s) volunteered the information and without asking questions then there was no need, other than for courtesy reasons, for Nelms to reply. Again, if the OAP who emailed the club/Nelms only complained rather than asking specifically why the decision had been made to increase the age then there's no reason for a reply to be sent other than out of courtesy. 

Hi Rev,

You have hit the nail on the head with the word courtesy.

The person who sent the email was 59 years old at the time and looking forward to qualifying for a Senior citizen season ticket when they became 60 years old. 

In my opinion it costs nothing to send a short email explaining why the qualifying age for Senior citizens season tickets had been increased from 60 to 65. 

If customers (supporters) stopped attending home games at Dens then the staff working in the Commercial department would be made redundant.

31 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Rev,

You have hit the nail on the head with the word courtesy.

The person who sent the email was 59 years old at the time and looking forward to qualifying for a Senior citizen season ticket when they became 60 years old. 

In my opinion it costs nothing to send a short email explaining why the qualifying age for Senior citizens season tickets had been increased from 60 to 65. 

If customers (supporters) stopped attending home games at Dens then the staff working in the Commercial department would be made redundant.

Courtesy toward us fans is sadly lacking at our club. This whole scenario you've described smacks of 'how dare they question our decision' or 'we don't answer to them' for me.

Shocking way to treat customers and one of several reasons I won't be renewing my season ticket for next season.

• Like 3

Adblock Detected