Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Tickets

Given the fairly significant risk that the Club might be playing in the Championship next season, with one less home game, I'm surprised (just slightly, though) that the Board didn't offer renewals of next season's STs at this season's prices, by the end of the early bird deadline, 4th June.

They could have appealed to our emotional connection with a "Stay with us, no matter which league we're in, and you'll pay no more" statement, and added that our continued financial support, if we do go down, will be used to rebuild a stronger squad to aim for an immediate return....and if we stay up, loyalty will be rewarded with no increase.

I appreciate the Club's been losing money, but with most of the current squad on loans, this summer's rebuild should not require players to be paid to leave.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

This absolutely reeks of desperation. 

FPS have done a lot of good things at our club but over the last couple years they are doing a very good job of undoing that work. This again just shows me that John Nelms is incompetent and not fit to be MD at the club. 

Also agree with chomp (think it was him who posted) that this could be part on an exit strategy of FPS. 

What a f**cking mess. 

4 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Given the fairly significant risk that the Club might be playing in the Championship next season, with one less home game, I'm surprised (just slightly, though) that the Board didn't offer renewals of next season's STs at this season's prices, by the end of the early bird deadline, 4th June.

They could have appealed to our emotional connection with a "Stay with us, no matter which league we're in, and you'll pay no more" statement, and added that our continued financial support, if we do go down, will be used to rebuild a stronger squad to aim for an immediate return....and if we stay up, loyalty will be rewarded with no increase.

I appreciate the Club's been losing money, but with most of the current squad on loans, this summer's rebuild should not require players to be paid to leave.

From memory I think that there are still a number of first team players whose contracts finish at the end of this season.

12 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

No, our problem this season is the amount of goals that we have shipped. We have the highest goals against in this league and that tells you all that you need to know.

We have been gifting goals left right and centre this season and that needs to stop. We need to make it hard for other teams to score against us, that way if we can;'t score we can at least get a point from the game.

I agree that we have a defence like a sieve and have conceded far too many goals this season. However if we were able to score more goals than we concede in a game then we would not be in the dire position we are currently in.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dee_Dee said:

Just checked. Ross County’s admission price is £20 this season.

In the Championship, you are guaranteed 18 home matches.

18 x £20 = £360 pay at the gate so most of our early bird prices would still be worth getting even if we were relegated.

If we are in the Championship next season and several of our home games are televised live on a Friday evening on the ‘free to air’ new BBC Scotland TV channel then that would have to be taken into consideration when purchasing a season ticket. 

• Like 1

Depends on the individual I suppose Islay, I go to all the home games whether we are on TV or not. Doesn’t make any odds to me whether it’s Fri/Sat/Sun.

I realise other fans can’t do every day. Up to the individual to decide if it’s worth it to them.

I usually end up missing a game or two due to other commitments but I don’t buy my season ticket just based on how many games I’ll make, I buy it to help the club and save having to organise tickets for home games.

5 hours ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

This absolutely reeks of desperation. 

FPS have done a lot of good things at our club but over the last couple years they are doing a very good job of undoing that work. This again just shows me that John Nelms is incompetent and not fit to be MD at the club. 

Also agree with chomp (think it was him who posted) that this could be part on an exit strategy of FPS. 

What a f**cking mess. 

Wasn't me and I don't see it as an exit strategy, just badly handled. I think they'll be happy to extract themselves if and when they get their stadium project though.

6 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

However if we were able to score more goals than we concede in a game then we would not be in the dire position we are currently in.

If we were to score more goals than we concede in a game we'd be top of the league and wondering who we'd be getting in the next round of the CL!

It's scary how out of touch our board are. I would have been unlikely to renew my season ticket anyway as haven't enjoyed the last few seasons at all and bought a season ticket out of false optimism/stupidity! Most of my mates are the same and this announcement will drive others away. I agree with dark blue that it would be difficult to justify paying at the game for the majority of games as well. The club seem determined to drive paying customers away and once out of the habit it could be for good.

Trying to look at it with a calmer head this morning and doing some calculations -

All the adult early bird periods are actually good value vs the gate price if we stay up.

£340 before April 2nd = £17.90 a game

£360 before May 2nd = £18.95 a game

Problem with both is, we have no clue what division we're going to be in before either of those dates so the only people who are going to buy them at that price are the core who buy one every season anyway regardless of division and have and are prepared to part with that amount of cash much earlier than usual to the club. It's mid March ffs.

£370 before June 4th = £19.47 a game. This one will be the one most will go for if we stay up as our league status will be decided by June 4th and it's still a good saving on £24, £26 and £30 ticket prices if you make most games.

£395 regardless of how much it works out a game after June 5th is just plain wrong on so many levels IMO. We sell next to none after the early bird periods the last few seasons anyway.

If we go down (which is obviously a massive possibility) , the above breakdowns are devalued as there is one less home game per season in the Championship as chomp pointed out yesterday so the cost per game rises slightly for a lower division.

You can't charge some of these prices for Championship season tickets. £340 to £350/£360 max IMO. £370 in the Championship is £20.55 a game and falls in the period where most will buy as the league status will be known. We won't sell many.

As for the ticket prices they confirmed also yesterday (same as this season £24, £26 and £30). You'd possibly get away with £24 at a push in the Championship though fans wouldn't exactly be queuing up to pay this. £26 and £30 would obviously have to be scrapped.

I'm still stunned and pretty worried that the club have released season tickets for sale in the middle of March with only a two week initial early bird period when the club is in the middle of a relegation battle.

All it seems to serve is getting in some immediate cash from those who buy regardless and have a spare £340 lying about at two weeks notice which is surely a worrying sign.

Any other club would wait and see what division we're playing in next season before announcing season ticket and gate/ticket prices for the season ahead.

As others have asked, do we still have a fans rep?

Just bizarre from the club tbh and worryingly desperate,

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16
  • Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected