Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

John Nelms

Managing Director John Nelms speaking in the match programme for tomorrows game against Celtic. He speaks about the Youth Academy, season tickets and new stadium.  The official Dundee FC twitter, put this up; 

Screenshot 2019-03-16 at 19.18.00.png

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
41 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Managing Director John Nelms speaking in the match programme for tomorrows game against Celtic. He speaks about the Youth Academy, season tickets and new stadium.  The official Dundee FC twitter, put this up; 

Screenshot 2019-03-16 at 19.18.00.png

Thanks for posting this Greg.

Better than no communication, but especially the ST part should have been communicated as part of the ST launch and not as a programme note, or tweet. It would be, however, churlish not to acknowledge that I personally complained that Nelms didn't communicate about the ST package and he has here. More questions and therefore answers around that alone (and a lot besides) are still needed though, in my personal opinion. 

18 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Thanks for posting this Greg.

Better than no communication, but especially the ST part should have been communicated as part of the ST launch and not as a programme note, or tweet. It would be, however, churlish not to acknowledge that I personally complained that Nelms didn't communicate about the ST package and he has here. More questions and therefore answers around that alone (and a lot besides) are still needed though, in my personal opinion. 

Even if they'd said a couple months ago (transfer window) that the ST's were going to go on sale earlier than they previously had, it would have given folk a chance to start organising. An announcement and then a 2 week window is just piss poor. Sorry, as someone who is generally sympathetic to the club I think this has been really badly handled.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 3

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Even if they'd said a couple months ago (transfer window) that the ST's were going to go on sale earlier than they previously had, it would have given folk a chance to start organising. An announcement and then a 2 week window is just piss poor. Sorry, as someone who is generally sympathetic to the club I think this has been really badly handled.

Thats what annoys me. Even the finance option isn't available for the 2 week period, so really its just for the supporters that can afford such an outlay in one go. The rest have to pay the bigger prices. The club needs to rectified this. 

However back onto his comments, good to see communication but would prefer a video on the website. 

4 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Thats what annoys me. Even the finance option isn't available for the 2 week period, so really its just for the supporters that can afford such an outlay in one go. The rest have to pay the bigger prices. The club needs to rectified this. 

However back onto his comments, good to see communication but would prefer a video on the website. 

Correct, it benefits affluent fans.

1 minute ago, GregTeamDee said:

Hadn't thought about the finance options but that's a really good point if they're not available, really poor if that's the case. Personally its the railroading of it all, for whatever reason (they want our cash basically) they've announced the ST's early and are trying to push us into going early. I've gone with it in the past, even last year when we didn't know what league we were going to be in, it seems that this has encouraged them to try and squeeze it further. They've not even given folk a payday to sort it, it just seems so misjudged to me but it is what it is and we'll buy or not as we see it.

3 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Correct, it benefits affluent fans.

I hate to break it to you but "affluent" people generally have better options anyway. A lot of insurance companies give a discount for paying it in a oner etc... I guess it depends on what you think affluent is.

I'm not sticking up for what the club are doing, just flagging the "affluent" stuff. Bad news mate, its a rich mans/womans/non-binary's world.

4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I hate to break it to you but "affluent" people generally have better options anyway. A lot of insurance companies give a discount for paying it in a oner etc... I guess it depends on what you think affluent is.

I'm not sticking up for what the club are doing, just flagging the "affluent" stuff. Bad news mate, its a rich mans/womans/non-binary's world.

Basically a guy and his wife on minimum wage who have two kids over 12 wont be able to buy the early bird tickets....

But I stick by my original post....benefits guys with money in there pockets.

23 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

That is exactly my problem. If they'd given us a couple of months prior, or even 4 weeks, or even two weeks prior to the two week fixed, then I'd have been pretty much OK with it.

However to just whack them on sale and announce the best price has 14 days from when the announcement was made is just a crass misjudgement. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Basically a guy and his wife on minimum wage who have two kids over 12 wont be able to buy the early bird tickets....

But I stick by my original post....benefits guys with money in there pockets.

I agree with you, its crap but the whole having the cash stuff.... that's life, I cringe at the "won't someone think of the children" stuff. At the risk of sounding more callous than I am, going to watch SPL football isn't one of our basic human rights. If I didn't drink, I'd be loaded, my choice.

Absolute disaster. Saw the comments on social media and this should be enough for an apology to fans and a quick u turn before anymore damage is done. Flabbergasted by this. Was this Nelms desicion alone? Commercial? Other directors? 

Who is actually advising this man. I won’t be buying right now, I’ll make my mind up at the end of the season when I know what league we are in. His programme comments are condescending and insulting to supporters who will be through his ego and BS.

Most people get paid monthly and they haven’t event given then a chance for another pay day. John Nelms you’ve had an absolute shocker here. Please bring someone in beside you who knows what thure doing. Shouldn’t be too hard, offer a  £40k salary which will still leave you over twice that for doing god knows what.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected