Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Statement On the Flag Incident

TheWhiteCafu

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Steward should have approached the people and asked them to take it down, if they refused then they get the police involved.

Looks like he just reached up and pulled it down which is unacceptable and definitely not the way to treat anyone. No surprise that the steward felt he couldn't approach them though, they're just scum and he'd have been subject to abuse no doubt.

Just now, Prince Buster said:

Steward should have approached the people and asked them to take it down, if they refused then they get the police involved.

Looks like he just reached up and pulled it down which is unacceptable and definitely not the way to treat anyone. No surprise that the steward felt he couldn't approach them though, they're just scum and he'd have been subject to abuse no doubt.

The boy who’s flag it was put up a video in which he says he was asked to take it down, he just hadn’t got to it yet... steward obviously got fed up waiting 🤷‍♂️

40 minutes ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

Pathetic. Pandering to a bunch of morons kicking up a fuss and letting them buy into the theory that this was some kind of anti-Irish agenda. 

Shitebag behaviour. 

Spot on.

embarrasing from the club, pandering to those that pay £30 a ticket

Just adds to my feeling of sadness - or is it "scunneredness"  ??? The people in charge of my football club have not a clue how we, as supporters, feel. We are treated with contempt (eg season tickets), yet "we" go out of our way to appease those who look to be offended by any action.

Frankly, sick of it all and getting to the end of my tether !

FFS That is unbelievable!!!!! Pandering to that hate filled lot.-SHOCKING!!! Nelms has plummeted new lows in my opinion!!!!!especially after what we fans in The Derry have had to endure from not only Celtic fans but from Dundee FC itself over the past few years- Another PR Disaster- JOKE!!!!

1 hour ago, Pepe said:

That is a bloody minter.

A fuss like this over a flag😂. Where the hell is our apology for the smoke bombs thrown into the Derry early in the season? Where is the apology for the utter embarrassment that took place in the Shankly on Boxing Day 2012? Where is our apology for them being absolute mutants and a stain on Scottish football in general (along with their twins).

There no anti “Irish” (90% of them couldn’t point to Eire on a map) agenda. There’s only an agenda against grown adults who act like despicable morons 

Pandering to them to get 30 quid a head from the hordes. Very well done Dundee FC board.

Exactly this. Nelmsy and his chums, aren’t subjected to the Buckfast swilling, coked oot their heads, scummy c**ts, before and after the match. 

As a counterpoint to the general feelings on here. The club has a major dilemma here, it does not want to be seen in any light as racist or anti anything for something that is widely accepted in the Scottish game. We should never  be seen as us trying to solve Celtic's problems, like WFT are they displaying an Irish flag at a Scottish Premiership game. Or why do they persistently sing unacceptable songs and act like they just crawled from under a rock? They had a process in place and the steward did not follow the process, so as much as it pains me, I think we (The club)  had to "apologize". 

On the general note of sectarianism and the horrible, horrible supporters of the ugly sisters- f**k the lot of them, especially the ones who maintain these ancient prejudices. I personally would loved to have grabbed that flag, it has no place in our game. But I do believe the club had no choice in this instance, although we should complain to the authorities so we show we are a sensible, progressive club.

On a broader note where is the movement to fix these kind of issues, everyone complains but no-one ever does anything. It's kinda like the gun debate here, "thoughts and prayers", "things will get better" when it is clear they are getting worse! 

Adblock Detected