The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
RafDonDee

Scotland Match

Rate this topic

Is it club policy for certain SPFL clubs to withdraw key players from the national sqaud on the grounds of supposed injury. Happens every time. Even Dundee would have beaten that load of crap put out by McCleish.

That was pathetic, the team had no idea of the shape they were supposed to be in, it was like playground football.

16 minutes ago, BigG said:

That was pathetic, the team had no idea of the shape they were supposed to be in, it was like playground football.

Or like our team under McCann?

• Star Post 1

It’s no easy this life! Being a Dee and a Scotland fan.........I must have been really bad in my last life. 😕

• Like 2

Ten of us off to San Marino today, kilts maybe in luggage or left at home now.

Checking out the tourist sights in Tripadvisor. Feel badly let down right now. Upside is we dont have a single match ticket between us!

• Funny 1

29 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Checking out the tourist sights in Tripadvisor. Feel badly let down right now. Upside is we dont have a single match ticket between us!

Have a good weekend mate, not sure I'd be in a rush to get a ticket though.....

2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Enjoy mate- hope you all get in

Just now, DarkBlueKnight said:

Enjoy mate- hope you all get in

Wee tip - dont put flag over advertising hoarding🕵️‍♂️

Edited by DarkBlueKnight
  • Like 1
  • Funny 5

Exactly the same nonsense of a selection of players who are expected to perform at international level in positions that they are not currently playing. This has got to stop. i think the whole coaching system for coaches is at fault. They are on a mission to improve Scottish football by using their own tactical intuitions and mastery of theory. Let's get back to giving players who play EVERY WEEK in the way the Scottish manager wants the Scottish team to play, a chance.

It is no coincidence that both PH and NM tinkered around with team selection as though it was something that they could use to improve performances. Things only ever improved, IMO, when they went back to basics and cut out the tactical genius selections. Felt sorry for Shinnie.

On 22/03/2019 at 15:18, Abernethy Dee said:

It’s no easy this life! Being a Dee and a Scotland fan.........I must have been really bad in my last life. 😕

Just think of the alternative...😉

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Hope you have an enjoyable and safe trip mate! Enjoy.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BCram said:

Exactly the same nonsense of a selection of players who are expected to perform at international level in positions that they are not currently playing. This has got to stop. i think the whole coaching system for coaches is at fault. They are on a mission to improve Scottish football by using their own tactical intuitions and mastery of theory. Let's get back to giving players who play EVERY WEEK in the way the Scottish manager wants the Scottish team to play, a chance.

It is no coincidence that both PH and NM tinkered around with team selection as though it was something that they could use to improve performances. Things only ever improved, IMO, when they went back to basics and cut out the tactical genius selections. Felt sorry for Shinnie.

I've been saying this for ages we need to find a manager more interested in winning matches than showing off his " tactical nou" . I thought we had found that in JM but now not so sure.

35 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

I've been saying this for ages we need to find a manager more interested in winning matches than showing off his " tactical nou" . I thought we had found that in JM but now not so sure.

That's been my worry about JM. I was pleased to see the change in formation for the Celtic game and my fears of a big loss were avoided. That seemed to be something that he had been unable to avoid previously. Let's hope he can strike a balance between park the bus and the cavalier approach that has seen us ship quite a few goals. 

Sadly, but not unexpected in my opinion, the Scotland international debacle represents just how pysh our game is at this time. Our media talk about how great Celtic are (when they are winning domestically) or what a great record Bain has as their goalie - however, get them into Europe and they are pumped like any other Scottish club. Our football is so bad it is embarrassing, but NOBODY does anything about it - the entertainment is virtually nil, the prices are nonsense for what's on offer, the league is boring playing each other four times and the competition is a foregone conclusion, we supporters are treated with contempt and taken for granted, people who sit on their @rses at home or in the pub can watch lots of much better football than we do, yet we get no incentive to continue trotting along.

Boils my pyss, and I'm feeling totally scunnered by it all. However, frankly we get what we deserve because as a nation we have far too many hangers on and the rest of us are unable to get through to the decision makers to tell them that enough is enough. 🤬

• Like 1