Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Relegation. Would You Be Bothered?

Dayster

Some interesting replies, must st concentrate on the financial side of things. We are running up large losses season upon season in the top league, going down  I’d expect the same level of losses. Prudent management from the board should see us cut our cloth accordingly. I’d prefer if we done it now tbh and lived with our means but  I’m probably in the minority in that

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Barkblue...No one has really been excited by the football on offer the past few years. No argument there :)

I just don't buy into the fact that is is likely to be anymore exciting (unless my memory is letting me down), by dropping a division if/when relegated. If we can't get a decent game of football going against Hamilton, Motherwell and Hearts imagine the frustration at Dens when every team that visits plays like that. 

I can't really think of any relegated team that has gone through the next season like a dose of salts winning the league with it's cavalier football against lesser class opposition, (which is what I think the "relegation might not be too bad" brigade are saying, apologies if my paraphrasing is inaccurate); and it's not confined to SPL, think Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea etc, ect, etc.

I have no answer to the quality of product on offer; my opinion is that we are more likely to progress as a club and maybe give ourselves a some chance of bringing through decent youngsters or recruiting a better class of player by staying in this league rather than trying to do those things whilst again trying to scramble out of the championship. So in that case maybe the best standard of "entertainment" we can hope for, in the context of 21st century scottish football is playing some of the non football teams in this league along with the teams that at present way ahead, but to do it in a way that has the fans on board, (look at the difference recruiting some players that seem to give a damn has made for example).

There's rightly constant mention of respecting the opinion of others on the forum; my opinion on "relegation not being too bad" is that beware what you wish for, (or in this case don't fear too much), because I think it would be disastrous. I don't think that's too contentious.

Edited by The Foosty Badger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dayster said:

Some interesting replies, must st concentrate on the financial side of things. We are running up large losses season upon season in the top league, going down  I’d expect the same level of losses. Prudent management from the board should see us cut our cloth accordingly. I’d prefer if we done it now tbh and lived with our means but  I’m probably in the minority in that

Dayster, if we were relegated the cuts to the playing side would be horrendous, not too mention job losses all over the club.

The TV money would drop like a stone, the nightmare scenario of clubs like St Johnstone poaching our best players because we cant compete with what they are paying.

The Championship is a horrendous dogfight, that no club the size of ours wants to be in...

And good luck asking punters to pay £24 to watch Arbroath on a freezing day in January..

I get its not been great these past couple of seasons, but lets not go down the path of wanting relegated so we can win a few games against QOS and Morton for example.

We surley have to aspire for better than that....don't we??

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

YES, had enough of this Phish, first game in 1960, put Thousands into this, Club, especially, in the second Administration, cost me and my family, mega bucks, but whatever us supporters stand up and do, we still Annually, employ Management and Players, promising miracles, that NEVER comes to match their promises, they just move on and don't give a Flying f**k, what happens to Dundee FC, the prices, that Mr Buffoon Nelms, is looking for next season, just doesn't match up to the non existing enjoyment, the Dundee support have had to endure, the past three seasons.  Been a season ticket holder for the past 46 years on the trot, NOT any more.

In my opinion relegation may not be the financial disaster that some people think it will be. I think that we will receive a parachute payment of £1 Million. 

One thing is certain if we manage to stay up at the end of this season I will certainly not be ‘busting a gut’ to go to Dens next season to watch the anti football played by Hearts and Motherwell which is brutal to watch and is killing the game as a spectacle. 

Adblock Detected