Jump to content

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

What Has FPS Ever Done for Us.


Prince Buster

Recommended Posts

.....apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what has FPS actually done for us?

Joking aside and I know it's turning over old stones but - 

I had a spare bit of time and thought about it; I genuinely don't think we're any further forward than we were when they came in, in fact with the rubbish we've been subjected to on the park and the subsequent and ongoing decline in season ticket sales we've arguably gone backwards. I know a lot of people think we're a 'better managed club' but where's the evidence and what has that 'better management' actually brought us?

FPS promised much, but what have they actually delivered? I'll kick off by saying that, for me, they've delivered absolutely nothing. Not one of their promises, upon which we the fans voted them into power, has been delivered. And now, despite a basic inability to communicate with their fans, we find them kow towing to the dregs of Scottish football over a nothing incident whilst we are ordered to sit down and shut up.

That's why I've had enough and have made the decision that not another one of my hard earned pennies is going into the club until FPS either do something positive or get out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

You obviously like first division football Prince Buster as Dundee FC were in that league for 9 seasons before FPS came onboard. (One season out due to club12). 

I’ve said before that FPS have been the best custodians of Dundee FC since my first game in 1980, maybe you can suggest otherwise ?

No one is more p!ssed off than me about the way the team are performing, and I get why people are frustrated about signings and managers, however, comments like yours about withholding money does not help anyone who supports Dundee FC. Our club has been through unbelievable times in our recent history but when the true Dees are called upon wee come to the fore.... I suggest you take the short walk down the road to join the countries most fickle fans.

DDYB

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Who would have plugged the six-figure hole in our finances every year if FPS didn't get involved? There wasn't exactly a long queue of wealthy Dees wanting to throw their money at the club.

We're debt-free after five successive seasons in the top flight. That's a position that's been alien to Dundee FC for a long time and it simply wouldn't have been possible if FPS didn't get involved.

If we were going to change divisions under the previous regime I suspect it would have been to League One. That's assuming we'd have found a way to continue operating as a football club.

Fair enough Cobra more like the calm responses I was hoping for.

However as things stand I can see us plummet to division one anyway. I doubt we'd compete with most Championship sides right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

I suggest you take a walk yourself with insulting comments like that.

I suppose that'll teach me not to try and stimulate conversation.

I did not mean to insult your good self, it was mere a suggestion of how to spend your pennies, however, if we all take your attitude towards FPS then we will not have a football club. 

Each month when FPS write a cheque to cover the costs of running a premiership football club it’s slightly more than doing nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Who would have plugged the six-figure hole in our finances every year if FPS didn't get involved? There wasn't exactly a long queue of wealthy Dees wanting to throw their money at the club.

We're debt-free after five successive seasons in the top flight. That's a position that's been alien to Dundee FC for a long time and it simply wouldn't have been possible if FPS didn't get involved.

If we were going to change divisions under the previous regime I suspect it would have been to League One. That's assuming we'd have found a way to continue operating as a football club.

Financially we've earned more as a club and obviously spent more than if we hadn't been promoted so arguments about where we could be financially if FPS didn't come in are not what I'm looking for. Let's also put side the idea we MIGHT not have been promoted and we MIGHT have actually got relegated in fact let's take league position out of it all together - all speculation.

As a club are we in a better position than we were when FPS came in? As a group of fans are we happier than when FPS came in? Is the future any brighter under FPS than it might look under An Other owner (I know, speculation) - or are they just another owner that's happy to let things run and doesn't really care about how we progress as a club?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Who would have plugged the six-figure hole in our finances every year if FPS didn't get involved? There wasn't exactly a long queue of wealthy Dees wanting to throw their money at the club.

We're debt-free after five successive seasons in the top flight. That's a position that's been alien to Dundee FC for a long time and it simply wouldn't have been possible if FPS didn't get involved.

If we were going to change divisions under the previous regime I suspect it would have been to League One. That's assuming we'd have found a way to continue operating as a football club.

Agree with all the above.

Where FPS have failed imo is in the Nelms position. He has cost Tim Keyes £millions. And now under Nelms guidance we are on the brink of relegation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BigG said:

I did not mean to insult your good self, it was mere a suggestion of how to spend your pennies, however, if we all take your attitude towards FPS then we will not have a football club. 

Each month when FPS write a cheque to cover the costs of running a premiership football club it’s slightly more than doing nothing.

No worries, not angry really. 😡 😂

It's actually speculation to say the holes would have been there because we might have stayed in Championship or even got relegated where running costs would have been lower. We might not be here at all but again it's speculation. I refer to think about what was promised, what's been delivered and the actual standard of football we're watching. Then how the club is looking to us the fans, other club's fans and other clubs. Theses are actual measures of whether FPS have or have not taken us forward.

My opinion is we're close to being a laughing stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Financially we've earned more as a club and obviously spent more than if we hadn't been promoted so arguments about where we could be financially if FPS didn't come in are not what I'm looking for. Let's also put side the idea we MIGHT not have been promoted and we MIGHT have actually got relegated in fact let's take league position out of it all together - all speculation.

As a club are we in a better position than we were when FPS came in? As a group of fans are we happier than when FPS came in? Is the future any brighter under FPS than it might look under An Other owner (I know, speculation) - or are they just another owner that's happy to let things run and doesn't really care about how we progress as a club?

When FPS came in we were a Championship club and reliant on Bill Colvin's generosity to prevent admin 3. I don't think Colvin had any intention of sticking around long-term to plug the hole in our finances so we were in a bad position both on and off the park.

There is no doubt in my mind that we're better off now than we were then. FPS are paying the bills and appear as committed as ever to the club. The team are under-performing badly this season but the board have provided funds to make us competitive in the top flight.

Even if we were to get relegated we'd be in a strong position to bounce back again if FPS remain involved.

Let's say you got your way and FPS cut their ties with Dundee this summer. How would you expect us to pay the bills every month? Would you want DFCSS back in the boardroom? Would you expect another wealthy investor to take over and lead us into the Premiership top six?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Let's say you got your way and FPS cut their ties with Dundee this summer. How would you expect us to pay the bills every month? Would you want DFCSS back in the boardroom? Would you expect another wealthy investor to take over and lead us into the Premiership top six?

Didn't say I wanted FPS to cut their ties. I said I wont be spending any more cash until they do something positive or they get out. Massive difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
×
×
  • Create New...