Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Kusunga

Cobra

He's become an easy target. The new Holt some say. The reason I'm starting this thread is not to launch an attack on the guy. Quite the opposite. If he is considered one of our best XI we need him to perform in the remaining games.

Did anyone see any positives today? He was magnificent at Tynecastle but he looked uncomfortable throughout today for me.

Is it the manager's fault that he seems bereft of confidence?

Am I being too harsh on the guy?

He's a Dundee player and I want to be supportive of all our players but I'm struggling with this guy.

If you have something to say please make it as positive as possible because I'd like this thread to be fairly constructive.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Kusungas game is not bringing the ball out of defence like he was asked to do continuously today, the Midfield should be taking that from him but they were hiding, I thought he never shirked it today and was left exposed numerous times. The two central midfielders were brutal today.

Kasunga had a spell earlier in the season where he was making crucial mistakes week after week. He has cut those out recently and I’ve felt he’s been decent enough the last few games. Certainly not the problem.

It is McGowan that should be dropped in my opinion. I don’t think he has improved us. He’s played his career as a right back so not sure why he is in at Centre Back. O’Dea is not the player he was but we need his fight and organisation in there until the end of the season.

We have a pss poor non-tackling midfield-I know that so why can’t JM.

He has not improved that area and his arguably made it worse.

He knew what he was getting when he signed Woods- someone who has helped relegate 2 teams in consecutive years-how was that going to improve what was already the worst midfield in the league.

9 hours ago, BigG said:

Kusungas game is not bringing the ball out of defence like he was asked to do continuously today, the Midfield should be taking that from him but they were hiding, I thought he never shirked it today and was left exposed numerous times. The two central midfielders were brutal today.

Gonna disagree with that to an extent mate although I know you've seen him in the flesh a lot more than me. Any time I've seen him he's struggled with the bread and butter stuff that a traditional Scottish central defender would lap up. For me his game is a bit more technical rather than physical. He relies a lot of the time on nipping in quickly and dispossessing an opponent rather than out muscling him. He's also someone who can, imo, drive out of defence with the ball and get us up the park, with his goal at Hearts being a particular highlight. His passing range is also pretty good. His erratic concentration levels and lack of physicality are what let's him down for me.

2 minutes ago, blueboy said:

Kusunga was fine. Don't see any problem there. He did lay on one for a Saints effort but it was blazed over the bar. 

Centre of midfield has to take a game. That's it. O'Sullivan was good too, just needs better support. 

When we 2-1 down in the second half we knocked the ball into the box and one of their centre-backs immediately attacked the ball and headed it clear. When we were a goal ahead and the ball was knocked into our box our defenders were not prepared for it, they were poorly positioned and they weren't dealing with the threat. Kusunga in particular seemed to me to be in his own little world just drifting about passively waiting for the ball to come to him. O'Dea isn't the player he was but he will shout and organise and he will attack the ball.

Adblocker Detected